Thai media speculates on potential for jail time for concealing Covid-19 information - policeman/ celebs in cross hairs

webfact

Thai media speculates on potential for jail time for concealing Covid-19 information - policeman/ celebs in cross hairs

1pm.jpg
Picture: Daily News

Speculation was rife in the Thai media and public after a post by the BMA spokesman Pongsakorn Kwanmuang indicated that celebrities and possibly a policeman had withheld information about their movements after attending a party. 

On "Earth Pongsakorn" he had given information about the Covid timelines of cases 644-658 in Bangkok that included three of particular note at a Banyan Tree Hotel birthday party.

One was a male singer/actor, another a male PR person and a third was an employee of the state.

Several days of information had been withheld.

1pm1.jpg
Picture: Daily News
The penalty for being obstructive or deliberately concealing information in this regard is a two year jail term or 40,000 baht fine.

Clearly believing that the third person mentioned is a policeman reporters at RTP HQ yesterday questioned chief Gen Suwat Chaengyodsuk who was cagey about the matter.

He said that police had their own procedures and the question as to whether someone concealed their timeline would be dealt with according to the law. 

Thus it has been suggested that the person would face prosecution according to the law - and face jail time - rather than the slap on the wrist that is familiar to Thai watchers where the police are concerned.

Why not teach children that masks are mandatory, had to chase 10 of them away from me at the exercise park. When I mentioned it to some of their parents, should have seen the dirty looks and replies I got. Som nam na. 

Edited by Colabamumbai
Spelling

23 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that police had their own procedures and the question as to whether someone concealed their timeline would be dealt with according to the law. 

Their procedures include turning a blind eye to certain people, and dealt with according to the law as they interpret it?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Their procedures include turning a blind eye to certain people, and dealt with according to the law as they interpret it?

I really can't understand why the citizens in Thailand put up with the BS that comes out of the RTP's mouthpieces.

Dear RTP their are laws here that MUST be obeyed.

Stop the BS and do your BLODDY job!

• Thanks 1