Pattaya: Pressing ahead to make resort the medical hub of the eastern seaboard

webfact

53 minutes ago, mikebell said:

to attract anyone wishing to inspect the burning rubbish tips on every quiet soi; the scavenging wild dog packs; the invisible policemen who have put Chonburi top of the Road Casualty League.

Sounds like most places in Thailand, why single out Pattaya?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, oxforddon said:

Interesting idea given that a test I wanted ( a simple urine flowmeter test ) was not available in Pattaya other than at  arguably the most expensive hospital in the country. Bangkok is surely a better bet given world-class facilities in most hospitals there and , frankly, better prices.

Having lived in P'ville for 40 years, my friends have instruction that under no circumstances am I to be taken to any of the hospitals in the area. Bangkok has wonderful hospitals at very reasonable prices !

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 9:04 AM, sungod said:

Sounds like most places in Thailand, why single out Pattaya?

Because that's where I live.  Also the local police force need commending on their achievements on reaching the top spot in the accidents league.

7 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Because that's where I live.  Also the local police force need commending on their achievements on reaching the top spot in the accidents league.

You may want to check your stats

Edited by sungod

I guess since covid and no short time with the gals the hospitals are freed up.......as assumed they were treating STD back in the glory(hole) days..

And a bit of an uptrend in covid the married men are staying home, so less likely of the hospitals having to do "re=attachment" surgery from angry wives finding mia nois and giks ????

42 minutes ago, mikebell said:

The paper that cannot be named printed that Chonburi was the most dangerous province for accidents.

The thread is about Pattaya, and besides, dont believe all you read in the papers!

rta.PNG.b719a3d863682ed7815d2d4df99706fe.PNG

4 hours ago, sungod said:

The thread is about Pattaya, and besides, dont believe all you read in the papers!

Chonburi has had a bad year, with so few tourists about the road deaths just aren't up to normal levels!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sungod said:

rta.PNG.b719a3d863682ed7815d2d4df99706fe.PNG

The newspaper that provides Thaivisa with our daily headlines says, ' the eastern provinces of Rayong, Chon Buri and Chanthaburi had the highest number of road fatalities at 65.53, 49.63 and 49.02 for every 100,000 people. Other high scorers were the provinces of Saraburi (48.06), Chachoengsao (47.55), Prachin Buri (47.19), Sa Kaew (45.97), Prachuap Khiri Khan (45.01), Ayutthaya (44.90) and Nakhon Nayok (43.06).'

On 1/30/2021 at 8:27 AM, mikebell said:

The paper that cannot be named printed that Chonburi was the most dangerous province for accidents.

8 minutes ago, mikebell said:

The newspaper that provides Thaivisa with our daily headlines says, ' the eastern provinces of Rayong, Chon Buri and Chanthaburi had the highest number of road fatalities at 65.53, 49.63 and 49.02 for every 100,000 people.

I'm confused, you say at the top Chonburi is the most dangerous, but you back it up with information that shows Rayong is?

23 hours ago, sungod said:

I'm confused, you say at the top Chonburi is the most dangerous, but you back it up with information that shows Rayong is?

Are we really arguing about whether Rayong or Chonburi is the 1st or 2nd most dangerous province in Thailand? My initial comment was about Pattaya's infamous police force who are conspicuous by their absence after dark, every long weekend and high days and holidays.  I will concede that, just maybe, Rayong cops might be slightly lazier than Chonburi's.