Brits, Americans, French and Germans held after raid on Koh Phangan bar

webfact

56 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

It will take a lot more than this to taint KPN's name.

Much worse things were going on at the FMP's and that just encouraged people.

KPN still remains a beautiful, quiet island to visit. I go there every year for a short break and will head over there again next month (if the foot ferries are running by then).

Lomprayah starts service again today my mate on Samui told me this morning

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pattjock said:

So destroyed and tainted KPN name, the people who knowingly broke clear laws or the police that upheld the law?

Right, not much to destroy left, but the whole island depends on tourism.

They just skrewed themselves, i couldn't care less. Most of these people seem old and got arrested on the art market, wearing masks, before 9 pm. 

Your holier than thou attitude sucks as hard as thai cop corruption.

Of course this all doesn't apply to thai hisos: 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

45 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

So no Thai's were there or were they the ones who escaped .................LOL

The original Thai report says 89 foreigners and 23 Thais were arrested. I know three Thais from Bangkok who were among them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

This is hilarious.

They will destroy and taint Phangans name forever, glad i don't own anything there, it will be the last place in thailand i would ever visit from now on.

Thank you for destroying the local thai economy thai authorities ❤️ 

PS: If someones looking for cheap real estate, Phangan could be a candidate soon

How about Koh Tao Island infamous 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Brits, Americans, French and Germans held after raid on Koh Phangan bar

SU.jpg

Image:  Surat Thani Immigration

Surat Thani immigration have released more details of the arrest of more than 100 Thais and foreigners at a bar on Koh Phangan on Wednesday.

According to provincial immigration chief Col. Suparerk Pankosol, officers raided the Three Sixty Bar following a tip off a party was taking place.

Those arrested were from more than 10 countries, including the U.S., Britain, Switzerland, France, Australia, Germany and Denmark.

Among the Thais arrested were the bar’s owner and another man who police said  was the organiser of the party.

More than 200 people attended the party, which cost 100 baht to attend and which had been  advertised on the bar’s Facebook page.

564000000857701.jpg

Image: Manager

Many of those in attendance fled as soon as police arrived.

Those arrested were taken to Koh Phangan police station before being transferred to Koh Samui Provincial Court.

If found guilty they face up to two years' imprisonment and a fine of up to 40,000 baht.

Surat Thani governor Wichawut Jinto ordered police to take the strictest possible action against the offenders, in order to send a message to others about the seriousness of breaching Thailand’s emergency degree.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-28

Is the "emergency degree" a bachelors or higher?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, nauseus said:

This story is up on the main page of the BBC world news site. Desperate or what? 

I am sure if there was any digital nomads arrested they would have taken the opportunity to sell the story to the BBC and Sky news