Hua Hin: Beautiful clear sea beckons travellers when the pandemic is over

Someone should remind Naruchon Phongam that whilst the sea is indeed as clean as a new pin in the Maldives, there is one important element missing....Bintabaht.  Also I can never find any beach in Hua HIn unless I venture south or North towards Cha Am.

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Somchai is living the dream in those pics!    Where are all the Jet Ski dudes??

Stationed in front of the beach chairs and restaurants.

I remember when Thai military government said no more private business to occupy public beach and I go to Hua Hin 2 wekks later and beach is filled with both so thick in some places I had to walk into sea to get around beach chairs.

I found water dirty for most of Hua Hin and there is a klong that empties right into the sea going through beach chairs and restaurant. Looked to me like sewage ditch. Many of the beach users make a mess leaving garbage and cigarette butts. No garbage cans on beach.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, DaLa said:

Someone should remind Naruchon Phongam that whilst the sea is indeed as clean as a new pin in the Maldives, there is one important element missing....Bintabaht.  Also I can never find any beach in Hua HIn unless I venture south or North towards Cha Am.

best thing that happened Hua Hin was the demise of the liquid crack block and may it never return..

1 hour ago, DaLa said:

Why no mention of Blackpool, Skeggy and Clacton? You need to travel a bit more Mike.

We might prefer water temperatures slightly over 4C, or even 14C. Not to mention the air temp.

So, in 2030 the select monied elites still allowed to travel with find clear, fresh water in Hua Hin.  The rest of the commoners should be in pandemic-mode with face-masks and social distancing for at least the next 10 years if not longer. 

4 hours ago, DaLa said:

Why no mention of Blackpool, Skeggy and Clacton? You need to travel a bit more Mike.

Spot on .

Skeggy had the best fish n chips , i ever tasted . 

Cow man ghie , pak beer wan ghie , etc.

Foreign rubbish ..

"The sea is even clearer in January than in the hot season, she noted"

The question arises why this changes. About 30 years ago I lived in Patong, Phuket. A taxi driver bringing me to the airport told me "Farang like to swim in toilet". Every day I was sitting in one of the small restaurants on the beach and had my brunch. But there was always this fine mist from the sea water. After this taxi tour I never ate on the beach again. He was right. You will find the dirty sea water on your food. They always took samples from the sea water because it looked so dirty. Other problems were tar in the sand and dog <deleted> - never ever had worms before in my skin. Not sure if it is still the same today. I had enough and moved away. But I will never forget the sunsets there - the best I have ever seen. 

Sad to report, but Hua Hin is a Ghost Town right now.... you could hear a pin drop in any back ally or side street.

I applaud and salute all the men and women who are scrapping gum off the sidewalks to keep busy, and make ends meat. 

The courage of small business owners continues to inspire the rest of us, to keep our doors open (even at a small loss) for as long as we can.

My prayers and well wishes to all of them, in every town, and all provinces. 

I have trouble believing that the photos in the OP were taken anytime recently.  We have been to 2 different beach front restaurants for lunch in Hua Hin during the past 3 weeks and the sky was grey not blue.  Just has it has been every day for over a month now due to the excessive and unchecked burning as is occurring in other parts of the country.

over the years beach became narrow, in some places just a few meter, enough to walk. So water levels are rising, the land subsiding or currents taking away sand. Most of the time it's not possible now to walk all the way to the mountain. Large part of walkers and beach users are foreigners, thai coming in the evening for few selfies. 

Looks, like bangkokians are not coming this direction, despite smog in bangkok during winter months and eastern provinces in lock down. Possible thai don't have anymore disposable money to travel.

there are not anymore fishing boats - nighttime there use to be hundreds green lights on the horizon, now maybe 10. So there might be an issue with water. In contrast - in Jomtien unemployed turned to fishing, right on the beach are small fishing boats, fishing rods, people searching for seafood in the sand during low tide.

sea walls of many beachfront hotels are cracking, falling into disrepair, waves eroding ground under and around them. With no guests hotels can't effort maintain those walls. 

positives are entirely empty beach, empty guesthouses and massage for 150b (down from 170b two months ago)

On 1/28/2021 at 11:00 AM, spidermike007 said:

Hold on a minute. Though the water is cleaner than usual, without the tourists, crystal clear is a stretch. The water is never crystal clear in the Gulf. Nowhere. Not Dark Tao, and certainly not HH. 

You want super clean beaches, with crystal clear water? Try these spots. Can't decide whether you want white- or pink-sand beaches? ...

Tikehau Island, French Polynesia.

Dreamland Beach, Bali. ...

Menjangan Island, Bali

Gili Islands, Lombok

Raja Ampat, West Papua

Busuanga Island, Philippines 

Seagrass Bay, Laucala Island, Fiji

Ypao Beach, Tumon Guam

Honopu Beach, Kauai, Hawaii

Maipio Valley Beach, Big Island, Hawaii

Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. ...
Harbour Island, Bahamas. ...
Blue Beach (La Chiva), Vieques, Puerto Rico. ...
Trunk Bay, St. John, USVI.

Devil’s Bay, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos
Lindquist Beach, St. Thomas
Palm Beach, Aruba

San Blas, Panama
Oludeniz, Turkey

Porto Katsiki, Lefkada, Greece

And locally try Banana Beach, Koh Hey Island, Phuket 

cdn.cliqueinc.com__cache__posts__262043__clearest-water-in-the-world-262043-1530565569265-image.700x0c-ab36a18e83034ac1b1bea12fbfd612a8.jpg

GettyImages-1000401992-a0ac16e2190649a8a803ddbed15fd714.jpg

628312-desktop-backgrounds-tropical-1920x1200-free-download1.jpg

clearest-waters-world.jpg

zamami.jpg

Sabah-Malaysia.jpg

bali.jpg

1517371353_plonger-indonesie-7.jpg

84.jpg

The pink sand beaches at Harbour island are amazing. Stayed there a few years back.

• Confused 1