Flying from BKK to KK possible now?

stephen tracy

Hi all, I have an air ticket booked tomorrow (Friday) from BKK to KK but it looks like the latest travel news is that anyone arriving from BKK to KK will have to report to the police and/or the local health authority. which is gonna be a hassle as I'm due to grab a bus or cab from KK airport to Kalasin... Does anyone have any experience or advice? Thanks in advance!

The least you may need is to have either the Thai Chana or Mor Chana apps installed on your phone. AFAIK, both Bangkok's airports were outside the recently rolled back red zones. If your travel is originating in Samut Sakhon, then you will need permission, otherwise I reckon you're good to go. You may make a point of checking in at the amphur or orbortor with jurisdiction over your final domicile in Kalasin within 24-hours of arrival. Otherwise, don't be too surprised if they come looking for you first.

This based on the experiences of my friend, an Udon Thani based businessman who commutes by road to Bangkok twice monthly with delivery stopovers in Buriram, Kalasin on the return trip.

10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The least you may need is to have either the Thai Chana or Mor Chana apps installed on your phone. AFAIK, both Bangkok's airports were outside the recently rolled back red zones. If your travel is originating in Samut Sakhon, then you will need permission, otherwise I reckon you're good to go. You may make a point of checking in at the amphur or orbortor with jurisdiction over your final domicile in Kalasin within 24-hours of arrival. Otherwise, don't be too surprised if they come looking for you first.

This based on the experiences of my friend, an Udon Thani based businessman who commutes by road to Bangkok twice monthly with delivery stopovers in Buriram, Kalasin on the return trip.

Thanks very much, NanLaew! I was giving up on a response and the flight is this afternoon. I think after reading this I'll give it a go. 

My wife, Thai, did exactly that last Monday after 2 weeks of state quarantining. Nobody gave her any problems at the airports although she had to register at BKK. Arriving at KK she got a taxi to our home near Kalasin from KK airport. Once home she was visited by a Covid team in our village and as she does not have either Covid tracking app she had to go in to Kalasin to register and deposit her quarantine certificate. She is now supposed to stay at home for another 2 weeks!