People in Thailand can now grow hemp at home

webfact

3 hours ago, hanuman2543 said:

It was and is not legal in the Netherlands. Authorities turning a blind eye.

You are right. I just studied the laws. They sell it openly in the coffeeshops but in reality it is illegal. I didn't know this. What a strange country. It was already suspicious when I saw the many windmills. Never saw this anywhere else. And then the shoes made out of wood. And they sell cheese with big holes. And... 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

According to ministerial regulations, the import of hemp seeds for growing will be allowed within five years after being removed from the narcotics list.

So, for the next 5 years commoners will still be tossed into prison. 

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will allow government agencies, private companies, farmers and the public to apply to grow hemp from January 29 after the Public Health Ministry removed the plant species from the category V narcotics list in November.

I'll love to hear that statistics on how many of the commoners, errr, "public" will be issued permission.  Everyone else - prison,

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will allow government agencies, private companies, farmers and the public to apply to grow hemp from January 29 after the Public Health Ministry removed the plant species from the category V narcotics list in November.

The slippery slope Thailand now slides on to make some ready cash.

Complete and utter disaster waiting to happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Oldie said:

That is a surprising but good decision. I smoked it in Amsterdam about 30 years ago one time (it was legal there). Combined with a lot of beer I had a very bad experience the next day. I never tried it again. 

Thailand has enough issues now without this being added to the pot.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Hemp? Is that like Skunk? 

don't know if that is a serious question or sarcasm but i'm sure many won't know .... atleast in UK, skunk became a common term for indica sativa hybrids(strong pot) in the mid-late 80's. Skunk #1 which along with Northern Lights and Haze were the first hybrids to hit the uk from Amsterdam (I think they all were originally developed in the US though).  After that any stinky weed became known as skunk. Of course the media made it out to be some evil brain damage strain. Anyway, "skunk" contains a decent ammout of THC and Hemp doesnt .

3 hours ago, mixed said:

^ Unsurprisingly it seems they are making it up as they go along. From memory the election promise was six plants per house to boost farmers income. Now it looks like regular Thais will be kept well out from even hemp production. The heading 'People Can  Now Grow Hemp at Home' is incorrect.

While poor locals may miss out, I wonder if there will ever be an MMJ industry here? Plants grown by so-called experts in greenhouses look worse than those grown by old ladies in their back yard. The claims that MMJ needs special conditions to grow is untrue.

Lesotho is now producing MMJ for export while Thailand is still figuring out the details. There are many countries with better climates and cheaper labour than Thailand. At first it looked like LOS was moving quickly, but now it's dragging it's feet.

That promise to legalize weed and grow six plants at home was just propaganda before the election and has been proven as a lie.

Most Thai people voted for Anutins BJT party have realized that and are super <deleted>. Same for the promise to regulate Grab and AirBNB, nothing has moved forward substantially.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, solafr said:

soon ❤️

Unless there are major changes I doubt it very much. Although it's possible ppl will just start growing themselves, this is already happening in some districts. With Thailand moving so slow while other countries develop their industries, the only opportunities may be for domestic consumption.

Similar to opium, medical marijuana can be grown in fields, which is where the industry is heading.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mixed said:

Unless there are major changes I doubt it very much. Although it's possible ppl will just start growing themselves, this is already happening in some districts. With Thailand moving so slow while other countries develop their industries, the only opportunities may be for domestic consumption.

Similar to opium, medical marijuana can be grown in fields, which is where the industry is heading.

I guess that you are one of the champions who also didn't see medical weed coming in Thailand ?

Even if nobody is able to understand why and even if I am not allowed to post here the reason why it will become legal, trust me, it will, someone just need to be able to think to know...

2 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

I guess that you are one of the champions who also didn't see medical weed coming in Thailand ?

Even if nobody is able to understand why and even if I am not allowed to post here the reason why it will become legal, trust me, it will, someone just need to be able to think to know...

I'm no champion of anything, but MMJ was proposed well before the 2019, but I still don't it really see it coming in Thailand. Every couple of weeks there's a media release and plans, then nothing.

Thais are great planners and change their minds often, it doesn't seem they know what they're doing but you are alluding to having special knowledge, good for you. One day it will be legal sure, but let's not hold our breath. Krathom is harmless, they were supposed to legalize it in 2014 and yet we still see people getting arrested.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1