Norwegian on way to see Thai girlfriend arrested after faking his Certificate of Entry

webfact

15 hours ago, anfh said:

The only way to make it even vaguely foolproof is to have the vaccine passport linked directly to peoples own passport, ie a government official addition, rather than merely a document which can be faked .

That would mean having your passport updated every time you have a vaccination.  I haven't heard the frequency of vaccinations that will be required on an ongoing basis but I expect they will have to be done at least once per year.  I can't speak for other countries but the UK passport office is often well behind with passport applications but if they got their act together and employed more staff, the 'Covid Passport' could be a 'nice little earner' for them.  I agree though, whatever they do, it will have to be an officai document that is difficult to fake.

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I wonder how many people have actually got through with Fake Documents ?

I wonder if there is a digital link at the Airport. 

The question was posed way back in July on a CoE / ASQ thread where someone suggested faking the documents. The obvious answer to that is that consequences for getting caught out are too severe, i.e. Black list from Thailand, its just not worth the risk. 

And with that comes the answer to many of Thailands legal woes - ‘its not worth the risk’... should be the the response when drink driving etc... (I know I’ve digressed).

What dumfounds me is that anyone can now enter Thailand, visa exempt etc - so there was no need to fake the CoE in the first place. Or did the ’Norwegian’ think with faked documents he could ‘escape’ the 2 week quarantine, and thus thought it could save some money on the ASQ ???

------

I have a CoE from a previous entry and did wonder if its fit for further entries. Of course, I won’t risk that and simply apply for a second CoE when I return again. I think the CoE process has bene streamlined and is relatively pain-free now.

he a noggie need i say more ha ha

10 hours ago, UncleMhee said:

So when I get my paper vaccination certificate fake or otherwise; I'll take it to my Embassy to have it inserted into my passport officially...... because I'm pretty sure they're not accepting any responsibility for seeing their sovreign citizens vaccinated here.

You won't be able to do it. It'll be done through official hospital/doctors records.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KoreaElte said:

My experience entering on a legit COE in November 2020 is that the process was tight and surprisingly well managed once you got the embassy to issue one. That was the only chaotic part.

From airline check-in to ASQ completion it was all tight. The embassy in my case was working with the airline so they knew exactly whom to expect. Could not have checked in with a fake. It was a repatriation charter. Some countries allowed "semi commercial" flights and I suspect YMMV you could check in with a fake but you would not get far because at Suvernabhumi it was very much a whitelsist-only affair. They knew exactly who was arriving and you could not reach an immigration desk if you were not on the list of arrivals.

Some reported hiccups where they were legit arrivals but not on the list and they were all manually scrutinized. MofA at the time seemed to have a list with expected arrivals and everyone arriving was checked against it.

Kudos to the guy for at least arranging ASQ for himself and not just entering on fake docs and heading straight to a party....

What does YMMV stand for?? You are on a forum, not texting.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

Why does everyone assume the guy knowingly entered with a fake CoE. He could have been sold a dummy.

If he is stupid enough to disfigure his body by covering it with tattoos, he is stupid enough for anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, SpanishExpat said:

t a moron! you CANNOT fake a COE, as every COE is unique with a number on the top left corner. It states the Code of the embassy where you applied for  + a multiple digit number

The stamped paper is simply the information the immigration officer uses to look up the online COE.

I assume he didn't think that the Immigration service computers and databases Worldwide are linked somehow 

Anyone who is stupid enough to think the printed paper IS the COE doesn't deserve to enter Thailand. 

image.png.0e8ccbf39865d119c4763959dc0ea45d.png

There's a new development in this case. The person in question has come forward. He was scammed by a visa service agency which he paid $500. He isn't in prison, he's in quarantine and will be allowed to enter Thailand.

https://www.thailandstidende.com/component/k2/item/4355-nei-jeg-forsokte-ikke-a-snike-meg-inn-i-landet

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Muzzique said:

The stamped paper is simply the information the immigration officer uses to look up the online COE.

I assume he didn't think that the Immigration service computers and databases Worldwide are linked somehow 

Anyone who is stupid enough to think the printed paper IS the COE doesn't deserve to enter Thailand. 

image.png.0e8ccbf39865d119c4763959dc0ea45d.png

As you say: Another stupid C..T whom thinks the other ones are stupid, retarded or ignorant...

13 hours ago, Nordude said:

There's a new development in this case. The person in question has come forward. He was scammed by a visa service agency which he paid $500. He isn't in prison, he's in quarantine and will be allowed to enter Thailand.

https://www.thailandstidende.com/component/k2/item/4355-nei-jeg-forsokte-ikke-a-snike-meg-inn-i-landet

So .... It is more easy to prove being ' scammed ' than to pass a test???????

4 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

So .... It is more easy to prove being ' scammed ' than to pass a test???????

I don't know. But it says that a Norwegian passport holder is entitled to Visa Exemption and that it would be more serious if that wasn't the case.

On 1/28/2021 at 11:58 AM, allane said:

I have a good laugh anytime I see the TAT, or anyone else, talking about "vaccine passports". How would this ever be made to work ?  Everyone and his dog would be creating and printing their own "vaccine passport" on their home computer. Immigration officials would have no way of knowing if it was authentic.

The covid vaccine "passports" will almost certainly end up being smart digital vaccine certificates (and possibly biometric as well).

As the article below from Gartner says:

In mid-January a coalition of large tech and health companies launched the Vaccine Credential Initiative to create a system for storing and retrieving digital records of vaccinations. Participants include Microsoft, Oracle, the Mayo Clinic, Salesforce, Epic, Cerner and all three major airline alliances.In the same time frame, the World Health Organization (WHO) launched a digital health working group to develop a framework and standards for a smart digital vaccine certificate for yellow fever and COVID-19, paving the way to add other vaccines later.

Digital CoVid-19 vaccine certificates

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 2

On 1/27/2021 at 11:30 PM, KoreaElte said:
On 1/27/2021 at 10:58 PM, allane said:

I have a good laugh anytime I see the TAT, or anyone else, talking about "vaccine passports". How would this ever be made to work ?  Everyone and his dog would be creating and printing their own "vaccine passport" on their home computer. Immigration officials would have no way of knowing if it was authentic.

+1 I saw these news today and I was excited about the concept. For about 3 seconds. Then Photoshop came to mind. People don't care. I guaranteed you the first day a vaccine certificate / pass / document is out there someone will do a 1800dpi scan of it and start selling templates for bitcoin and there will be plenty of takers.

They would need a rapid antibody test on arrival. Crazy times. Blood test before immigration counter.

The tech behind a relatively secure vaccine passport would be simple.  All you'd need is a unique QR code pointing to a secure website that has the owner's vital information.  Scan the QR code with a smartphone and either the owner's ugly mug and personal details come up (on the correct website), or he doesn't.  That's not to say they couldn't hack an NHS or CDC or WHO or IATA website, but that takes a lot more than Photoshop and a scanner.

Edited by impulse