U.S. stands with SE Asian countries against China pressure - Blinken

webfact

16 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Those artificial islands were built since 2015 and into Trump's Presidency. 

Spratlys reclamations 2013–2016

In late 2013 the PRC embarked on large scale reclamations at seven locations — in order to strengthen territorial claims to the region demarcated by the "Nine-Dash Line".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Wall_of_Sand

53 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Given he was the Commander in Chief, he at least didn't stop them and, given his position, one would have to say he approved them. 

An interesting assumption.  But as we know, he never got intelligence briefings.  His motivations came from his sycophants and Fox news hosts! :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

There's a long history with these natural territories.  And they can bag out any time they want.  It's up to them.

Impossible to compare this to the man made reefs that were uninhabited and pristine until China destroyed them...illegally.

Stunning you try and make this comparison.  Impossible.

So the old do as I say, not as i do is it?

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, pegman said:

So the old do as I say, not as i do is it?

Exactly!  Work with the locals there and if they ask you to leave, do so!

Oh...and don't turn pristine reefs that are NOT under your control into military bases.  Duh...

Off topic posts doing their best to hijack the topic have been removed.

Syria and Kurdistan are not part of the conversation or even in the area being discussed

22 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

The Vietnamese loathe the Chinese. They will stick with the US.

Exactly!

There is no "fondness" of China by the old communists.  During the Vietnam War, China sent advisors whose only tactic pushed was for the Vietnamese to do human wave charges against entrenched American forces.  

Since then, China has been against Vietnam in every conflict.

5 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

Exactly!

There is no "fondness" of China by the old communists.  During the Vietnam War, China sent advisors whose only tactic pushed was for the Vietnamese to do human wave charges against entrenched American forces.  

Since then, China has been against Vietnam in every conflict.

Vietnam is almost 2 different countries.  The south loves the US and hates China, the North is the exact opposite.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

During the Vietnam War, China sent advisors whose only tactic pushed was for the Vietnamese to do human wave charges against entrenched American forces. 

I was in Vietnam a few years ago and visited the Cu Chi tunnels which were part of a tour showing the tunnels and various devices used by the Vietnamese during the war.  I apologized to the Vietnamese host for what the USA did.  The Vietnam war was a prefabricated reason to enrich some US businesses associated with profiting from war materials.  He responded that it was actually a PROXY war in part pushed by China.  It was really China on one side and the USA on the other with Vietnam stuck in the middle.