As an expat, do you live here without any form of credit ?

On 1/28/2021 at 4:02 PM, ThomasThBKK said:

Why would i not be able to pay my hospital bill with my debit card? 

I guess if the bank account your dc is attached to doesn't have enough money......

CC's are so superior to DC's -- assuming you qualify -- if you opt to have your monthly balance automatically debited from your financial account. Think about it -- a DC instantly drains my bank account, a CC waits until the end of the month. If there's a billing question. a CC will put it on hold -- with a DC, the money is gone, requiring a lot of red tape tor regain. And, if CC purchase can't be covered at payment time, a credit situation is established. Nice buffer that a DC doesn't provide, should the acct. the card is attached to be deficit.

Anyway use a CC, get one with cash back features, and pay off in full every month. You'll then be miles ahead of a DC scenario.

• Like 1

Not sure if I am still an expat as I'm now a Thai citizen, but I took a car loan nearly 4 years ago because it was 0% interest. I could have paid it off but decided to buy bitcoin with it, and made a good decision there as BTC has gone up over 2000%.

I have a mortgage but as it's only 10k a month, I haven't paid it off.

I don't want a credit card as I have a crypto debit card which gives me 4% cashback(in cryptocurrency). I buy everything online with this and pay my shopping bills, etc with it. 

I'm thinking of getting another mortgage(or more) to buy another house and rent it out. My brother, who is a partner  with Knight Frank, a large property company, started doing this years ago and now owns many properties. 

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I don't want a credit card as I have a crypto debit card which gives me 4% cashback(in cryptocurrency). I buy everything online with this and pay my shopping bills, etc with it. 

Who issued the crypto debitcard?

Can  you give details of this please?