Phuket further relaxes required quarantine for domestic arrivals

snoop1130

Phuket further relaxes required quarantine for domestic arrivals

By The Phuket News

1611825281_1-org.jpg

All Group 2 arrivals now must only self-monitor for signs of infection, not quarantine. Image: PPHO

PHUKET:-- People arriving in Phuket from Nakhon Pathom and Nonthaburi no longer need to observe a mandatory 14-day quarantine after arriving on the island following an order issued by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew today (Jan 28).

However, they are asked to continually self-monitor their health for signs of infection of COVID-19.

The two Greater Bangkok provinces were moved to the list of secondary ‘red zone’ risk areas after Bangkok was moved to the group last Sunday (Jan 24).

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-further-relaxes-required-quarantine-for-domestic-arrivals-78815.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-01-28

Was considering driving down to Phuket for a couple weeks.  Obviously, the quarantine made it a no-go.  However, for my Thai girlfriend, even with no quarantine,  she still refuses to go and insists on an alternative location where she doesn’t need to register her plans on some website nor install any sort of app on her phone.

So...even if Bangkok was moved to “group 4”...she still won’t consider it.

12 hours ago, Airalee said:

Was considering driving down to Phuket for a couple weeks.  Obviously, the quarantine made it a no-go.  However, for my Thai girlfriend, even with no quarantine,  she still refuses to go and insists on an alternative location where she doesn’t need to register her plans on some website nor install any sort of app on her phone.

I registered online and received a call as well the next day. I assume it was from Phuket disease control. Some simple questions asked that was it, everyone trying to stay safe I guess and obviously pushing to get some cash flow to Phuket..... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Airalee said:

Good, we dont want selfish people here right now.

On 1/28/2021 at 6:37 PM, Airalee said:

I know exactly how she feels, I cancelled my trip out of Phuket and back by bike, don't want the hassle....

This is all waste of time and effort, close it..., quarantine..., or just open it - I might just put up with temp check, but the rest is not going to do anything...

If you think contact tracing works, just look at much more sophisticated western countries that tried it even more seriously than here, UK included, no result....!

What they should do is just SMS everybody about an outbreak nearby, that might be more useful..., nobody tried that...! Probably cost even less...????

I say Thais are so scared of Covid19 most of them do what they can to prevent infection, this and only this has saved this country, ... or the hot chillis...????

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 7:16 AM, CANSIAM said:

I registered online and received a call as well the next day. I assume it was from Phuket disease control. Some simple questions asked that was it, everyone trying to stay safe I guess and obviously pushing to get some cash flow to Phuket..... 

They called just once or daily? Did they check if you are on the same location? I wouldn't mind registering app and answer call or two, but hope to be able to move around the island.

8 hours ago, sallecc said:

They called just once or daily? Did they check if you are on the same location? I wouldn't mind registering app and answer call or two, but hope to be able to move around the island.

They called once while I was still in Bangkok.  On arrival in Phuket, they are checking that everyone has the Mochana app up and running thats it. I actually assumed  more would be open, most restaurants and hotels closed, getting a motorbike today to get a better look at the closures. I would advise calling the hotel first and find a kitchenette room. I counted 7 people on Karon Beach yesterday ( 2 were locals fishing ). 

Edited by CANSIAM

10 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

They called once while I was still in Bangkok.  On arrival in Phuket, they are checking that everyone has the Mochana app up and running thats it. I actually assumed  more would be open, most restaurants and hotels closed, getting a motorbike today to get a better look at the closures. I would advise calling the hotel first and find a kitchenette room. I counted 7 people on Karon Beach yesterday ( 2 were locals fishing ). 

We hope to be there in a few weeks. Going to Koh Lanta first. Then Koh Mook.

We were in Samui a few months ago. Chewang was an absolute ghost town. Too depressing so we left. The other beaches weren't much better.

We were thinking of Kamala.

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

We hope to be there in a few weeks. Going to Koh Lanta first. Then Koh Mook.

We were in Samui a few months ago. Chewang was an absolute ghost town. Too depressing so we left. The other beaches weren't much better.

We were thinking of Kamala.

Lol yes I hear you, ghostly. I've been considering cutting it short and leave after 1 week, but think I'll hang here awhile more, scoring on rooms at 400 - 600 baht per night... walk up and down the beach daily,  need to look a little harder to get something to eat.... its a great weight loss plan !  I'm sure Kamala is quiet, Patong could be slightly livelier and Rawai, cheers 

• Like 1

My girlfriend just started ASQ in BKK, I was planning to go to pick her up and bring her back here in Phuket, but ASQ staff told her it's better she flies alone, as they said "Phuket arrivals from BKK must show <72h Covid test" (she will have from ASQ)... Maybe it's special rule for arrivals from BKK ASQ only, as I haven't heard it from others arrived from BKK... Hope all gets more clear in 1-2 weeks.

12 hours ago, sallecc said:

My girlfriend just started ASQ in BKK, I was planning to go to pick her up and bring her back here in Phuket, but ASQ staff told her it's better she flies alone, as they said "Phuket arrivals from BKK must show <72h Covid test" (she will have from ASQ)... Maybe it's special rule for arrivals from BKK ASQ only, as I haven't heard it from others arrived from BKK... Hope all gets more clear in 1-2 weeks.

Could be, I was in BKK for 3 weeks after ASQ, Phuket airport staff were not looking for CV19 test papers just checking to see that all arrivals have the MorChana App. She should receive a letter from ASQ stating completed quarantine with dates tested etc, I brought mine showed hotel staff, they took a photocopy. Puts everyone more at ease I would think.