• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not something I would normally say but in this case I agree. The hotel is required by law to submit TM30, which they can do in minutes online, and in refusing to do so they are breaking the law.

There is one nasty possibility. With Covid-19, it is possible that the hotel's license lapsed. They may need money to bribe immigration to turn a blind eye to their taking a short term booking without

I would just inform them that they can either do the TM30 or you will file a police report tomorrow. If they don't do it visit immigration tomorrow, file an official police report because they br

Posted Images

It's unbelievably frustrating. My fiance who is thai offered to help them but they refuse without money. 

25 minutes ago, EricTh said:

They are required by law to report, which hotel is this?

I am still in negotiations with hotel. 

Edited by Leon1980
1 minute ago, jackdd said:

I would just inform them that they can either do the TM30 or you will file a police report tomorrow.

If they don't do it visit immigration tomorrow, file an official police report because they break the law, and then attach a copy of this police report instead of the TM30 receipt to your extension application, might work.

Thanks. We told them already if they don't refund my money I will call police. They agreed to refund 6 nights initially but incredibly now saying that they have no cash and will refund to my fiancé's bank tomorrow.  I paid them for a week in full in cash when we checked in at 3:15pm.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, Leon1980 said:

Thanks. We told them already if they don't refund my money I will call police. They agreed to refund 6 nights initially but incredibly now saying that they have no cash and will refund to my fiancé's bank tomorrow.  I paid them for a week in full in cash when we checked in at 3:15pm.

That's all good however doesn't solve your TM30 problem. For me the extension is #1 priority.

Is there a hotel where you could check in of course making sure that they will do TM30 and provide printout for you.

Where was your previous hotel.

No offense but given that you have left it to last minute bit surprised that you did not insist on seeing the tm30 with this hotel when checking in.

Just now, DrJack54 said:

That's all good however doesn't solve your TM30 problem. For me the extension is #1 priority.

Is there a hotel where you could check in of course making sure that they will do TM30 and provide printout for you.

Where was your previous hotel.

No offense but given that you have left it to last minute bit surprised that you did not insist on seeing the tm30 with this hotel when checking in.

Hi Jack. We actually tried to do the visa extension last week and immigration gave us a link to a line app to book an appointment and given tomorrow. Our hotel last few days was in my girlfriends hometown of pattalung and I have the printout of that tm30. We messaged this hotel today as we travelled here to make sure they did it. However only when we got here was there a problem 

• Like 1

am i missing something here

I thought it was the hotels problem to notify immigration not his, so why would this effect his extension ?

If it does effect him, why can he not just do a TM30 before asking for extension.

I had to do this in my I.O , even though the hotel had notified immigration, but immigration still insisted i had to do a TM30, because i had been in a hotel, before they would let me do my 90 day report 

• Like 2

Easy

Just go & get /apply for extension & if the matter comes up, just tell immigration I thought / or they refused to do 

Thai law for thais & up to them

• Like 1

You changed your location today, so is there any reason why you can't do the TM 30 yourself at immigration tomorrow?

I would still report the hotel to the authorities for trying to scam you out of 1,000 baht.

• Like 2