Hotel refusing to do Tm30

22 hours ago, Joinaman said:

am i missing something here

I thought it was the hotels problem to notify immigration not his, so why would this effect his extension ?

If it does effect him, why can he not just do a TM30 before asking for extension.

I had to do this in my I.O , even though the hotel had notified immigration, but immigration still insisted i had to do a TM30, because i had been in a hotel, before they would let me do my 90 day report 

It is the duty of the hotel but without the TM30, you will be refused in Immigration.

I paid the 800 THB fine for my condo but still had to show to immigration the registry docs and ID copy of the manager.

23 hours ago, Leon1980 said:

Hi there. 

So having a bit of an issue at my hotel. 

I booked into a hotel earlier today. Its a nice enough hotel in Hatyai that we have stayed in the past. On arrival I asked them to do a Tm30 report as I have to extend my visa tomorrow with immigration. 

They are refusing to do a Tm30 unless I pay them money. First 500 and now 1,000. I asked to get a refund for the week I have paid and they are refusing. 

Not sure what to do 

Tell them will report to Ombudsman.

On 1/28/2021 at 4:01 AM, BritTim said:

I do not think there is any way to do a TM-30 notification on a hotel's behalf. You do not have the necessary documents.

It has to be signed by the manager of the hotel. How can he do that without forging it? 

9 minutes ago, elgenon said:

It has to be signed by the manager of the hotel. How can he do that without forging it? 

The large majority of Hotels and guesthouses have registered the premisses on the IO TM-30 website.  When a foreigner checks in, reception normally asks for your passport (and the little TM-6 entry/departure card in it).  That allows them to fill in your details on the site, so that IO is notified that a foreigner is staying at the Hotel/guesthouse premisses.

So no need for signing by the manager of the Hotel, and a very simple notification process. 

Note: When you are living in a place owned by your wife, basically the same thing needs to be done.  The house first needs to be registered on the IO TM-30 website (blue book copy and copy ID-card of owner suffices), and once it is registered for any foreigner staying at the premises a notification can be made that he/she is staying at the premisses.  

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

The large majority of Hotels and guesthouses have registered the premisses on the IO TM-30 website.  When a foreigner checks in, reception normally asks for your passport (and the little TM-6 entry/departure card in it).  That allows them to fill in your details on the site, so that IO is notified that a foreigner is staying at the Hotel/guesthouse premisses.

So no need for signing by the manager of the Hotel, and a very simple notification process. 

Note: When you are living in a place owned by your wife, basically the same thing needs to be done.  The house first needs to be registered on the IO TM-30 website (blue book copy and copy ID-card of owner suffices), and once it is registered for any foreigner staying at the premises a notification can be made that he/she is staying at the premisses.  

Thanks PD. The English-owned place I stay at in Pattaya always does it by hand. So I was unaware of this. Now I am.

Who can file the TM30 depends on the IO. I've been allowed to file it myself twice, at two different IOs, with just a booking confirmation from the hotel. If they later fined the hotel for failing to take care of this, I have no idea...

Archived