Why Dave Grohl wants to save London’s legendary Crobar

snoop1130

Why Dave Grohl wants to save London’s legendary Crobar

By Ian Winwood

Dave-Grohl-credit-Tom-Barnes-Crobar-promo.jpg

photo: Tom Barnes

As the #CroFund campaign continues to gather momentum and fans pledge to help relaunch Soho’s legendary Crobar when the pandemic is over, Dave Grohl has told Kerrang! about some of his wildest nights at the London metal bar while reflecting on what a loss it would be if the venue was gone for good. 

“I’ve had some pretty extraordinary experiences that I’ll never remember at the Crobar,” the Foo Fighters frontman recalls. “One of my favourites was with Cronos from Venom, Lee Dorrian [Napalm Death, Cathedral], and Greg Anderson from Sunn O))) on our Probot promotional tour. 

“But then I’ve had some other very random nights…” he laughs. “I think it might have been the last time I was there: the Foo Fighters were in town to announce that we were headlining Glastonbury, and we were going to play a secret gig [in 2017]. We were told to stay in our hotel rooms – ‘Don’t go out, because will see you’re in town and they’ll know that something is up!’ So I was sitting in hotel room and I thought, ‘Fuck this, I’m going to the Crobar.’

Full Story: https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/the-jukebox-was-legendary-but-most-of-all-there-was-a-feeling-of-community-why-dave-grohl-wants-to-save-londons-legendary-crobar/