changing tourist visa to Non-O visa in Bangkok or hua-hin

Hi

I am planning to come in  to thailand on a  60 days tourist visa then go to bangkok immigration ( or preferably hua hin immigration )  to change it  to Non-immigrant O  visa

has anyone done this successfully recently ? ( i have done it many times in bangkok in the past ) .

have the requirements changed ?

what are the requirements now ?

does Hua hin immigration do this change from tourist to Non-immigrant O visa  ? ( i will live in Hua Hin  on retirement )

Can applying for visa extension based on retirement be done in Hua Hin ?

Thanks

You do a change of visa status to get a 90 day non-o visa entry at Hua Hin immigration.

Requirements are here. https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/08-edit_NON-O.pdf

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 days from the visa you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement. If using the 800k baht in the bank option it will need to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

Thanks

in the requirements to change from tourist to Non immigrant -O , the link to the document you attached it says that you need to present a rental agreement and 3 month rent receipts  .

So , immediately after end of ASQ 

one must deposit 800000 Baht , and  look to sign a lease , so that he would have enough time left on tourist visa ( at least 15 days )  to apply for change of visa .

However ,i still cannot figure out how to get the 3 month rental receipt that immigration needs ( in link  to immigration requirements )  ?!!!!!!

You can also apply during a 30 day extension of the 60 day entry from your tourist visa.

I am not sure all offices are enforcing the 3 month rental requirement. They did that for Bangkok to prevent people from going to Bangkok just to apply for the visa and extension.

I assume you could pay for a 3 month rental in advance and that would be accepted.

23 hours ago, docinbangkok said:

in the requirements to change from tourist to Non immigrant -O , the link to the document you attached it says that you need to present a rental agreement and 3 month rent receipts  .

When having arrived VisaExemp or on a 60-day Tourist Visa, and having to apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa  with at least 15 days left on your permission to stay, it is obviously impossible to show 3 months of rental receipts. 

It is a garbled statement, and what is meant is that you need to show that you paid 3 months rent in advance (which is normal for long-term rental).

On 1/29/2021 at 7:51 AM, ubonjoe said:

You do a change of visa status to get a 90 day non-o visa entry at Hua Hin immigration.

Requirements are here. https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/08-edit_NON-O.pdf

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 days from the visa you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement. If using the 800k baht in the bank option it will need to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

Ubonjoe,

Questions please when reviewing these requirements I see number 7 asking about a letter of proof of income the Usa embassy does not provide one and will be receiving more than enough social security from the Social Security Admin. Will bank statements showing showing direct deposits from the SSA suffice number 7 for immigration? In addition the family member will be staying at our house and will not have a 3 month rental agreement which number 8 is asking for, Is there a work around to question 8 if family member is staying at our house with myself and Thai wife?

Thank you

39 minutes ago, raptorea said:

Questions please when reviewing these requirements I see number 7 asking about a letter of proof of income the Usa embassy does not provide one and will be receiving more than enough social security from the Social Security Admin. Will bank statements showing showing direct deposits from the SSA suffice number 7 for immigration? In addition the family member will be staying at our house and will not have a 3 month rental agreement which number 8 is asking for, Is there a work around to question 8 if family member is staying at our house with myself and Thai wife?

What will be accepted or needed will depend upon the office where you apply for the non-o visa. That list is mostly Bangkok requirements.

If married to a Thai you can show lower financial proof than for retirement. 

See: https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

They have not updated the list to show transfers into a Thai bank from abroad to meet the income requirement it you cannot get a letter from your embassy. The order for extensions of stay state 12 months of transfers or if the first application you can show 2 months of transfers but many offices want he 12 months anyway.

If needed a way to get around the 3 months is to show a prepayment of the rental for 3 months.

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What will be accepted or needed will depend upon the office where you apply for the non-o visa. That list is mostly Bangkok requirements.

If married to a Thai you can show lower financial proof than for retirement. 

See: https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

They have not updated the list to show transfers into a Thai bank from abroad to meet the income requirement it you cannot get a letter from your embassy. The order for extensions of stay state 12 months of transfers or if the first application you can show 2 months of transfers but many offices want he 12 months anyway.

If needed a way to get around the 3 months is to show a prepayment of the rental for 3 months.

Thank you I understand all but the last sentence, I am saying this is a family member that will be living with myself and my Thai wife. I already have my visa. Could my wife just state to immigration that they are living in her house rent free because it is a family member? or would she need to draw up a form showing a prepayment of 3 months staying in her house even though a family member?

Thank you

Just now, raptorea said:

Thank you I understand all but the last sentence, I am saying this is a family member that will be living with myself and my Thai wife. I already have my visa. Could my wife just state to immigration that they are living in her house rent free because it is a family member? or would she need to draw up a form showing a prepayment of 3 months staying in her house even though a family member?

Thank you

I forgot to add the family member will be applying for a tourist visa then convert to a Non-o only based on retirement once this covid thing is knocked out.

28 minutes ago, raptorea said:

Sorry I misread you post.

You could write a statement he is has been staying with you and will be staying for a period of time.

43 minutes ago, raptorea said:

The official way to do this, is that you (on behalf of your wife who owns the house) registers the house on the IO TM-30 website.  That will allow your wife (or you on her behalf, she being the owner of the premisses) to notify your local IO that a foreigner is staying at the premisses by filing a TM-30 (this normally has to be done within 24 hours of arrival of that foreigner).

The process above is what Hotels and guesthouses are required to be doing, and that's why they normally ask for your passport (including the small TM-6 entry/departure card), as these data are needed to file that TM-30 on-line.

But according to Thai law it has to be done by any 'owner' of a place where a foreigner is staying.

Having done that TM-30 notification, a screenshot of the database-input can be made, and that is all what your family-member needs as it is proof of the address where he/she is staying.

>> I did PM you a Guideline document on how to register the premisses on the IO TM-30 database and how to subsequently notify IO of any foreigner staying at those premisses, and create a screenshot of that TM-30 notification. 

To access your PM messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum. 

6 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

The official way to do this, is that you (on behalf of your wife who owns the house) registers the house on the IO TM-30 website.  That will allow your wife (or you on her behalf, she being the owner of the premisses) to notify your local IO that a foreigner is staying at the premisses by filing a TM-30 (this normally has to be done within 24 hours of arrival of that foreigner).

The process above is what Hotels and guesthouses are required to be doing, and that's why they normally ask for your passport (including the small TM-6 entry/departure card), as these data are needed to file that TM-30 on-line.

But according to Thai law it has to be done by any 'owner' of a place where a foreigner is staying.

Having done that TM-30 notification, a screenshot of the database-input can be made, and that is all what your family-member needs as it is proof of the address where he/she is staying.

>> I did PM you a Guideline document on how to register the premisses on the IO TM-30 database and how to subsequently notify IO of any foreigner staying at those premisses, and create a screenshot of that TM-30 notification. 

To access your PM messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum. 

Yes funny (not to funny) story when I first moved to Thailand I nor my wife never know this step and I went to the local immigration for the first time after being here for close to 60 days and the local immigration officer pulled out a fine book and charged my wife about 800 baht for not reporting me as staying in her house after 24 hours!

On 1/31/2021 at 5:44 PM, ubonjoe said:

How recent is this change to item 8. of the requirements? It's in red ink so perhaps recently...or does that indicate Bangkok-specific?

When applying for a Non-O visa based on retirement at CW immigration, would it be worth waiting to see what is asked for, or better to be prepay the full 3 months before going in? I have a feeling they will ask for something regardless.

2 hours ago, Suphawk said:

I have read some strange requirements regarding the "location map of the house".

What is the generally acceptable map format? 

There is no fixed rule for the requirements.

Basically it needs to be from nearest main road or intersection to your house.

2 hours ago, Suphawk said:

Does the "rental agreement" need to be a 12 month, or can it be a 6 month agreement?

There is no written requirement for the length of a rental agreement. It could even be on a monthly basis.

I use one that is open ended that is already several years old since it was first signed by my wife and our landlady.

Archived