Foreigners stranded in Thailand due to COVID-19 can now stay until end of March

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You need to go to immigration and have the error corrected. 

I assume the insurance that you used to apply for the OA visa is valid until December (Or October?).

Thank you Ubonjoe and Caldera.  I will go to immigration.  Did they they change this 90 days x 4 multiple entries (= 1 year validity) where you have to leave the country to commence then the next 90 days (each 90 days you must step out and in)?  Did they change something since last year, when this was the case how O-A's worked?   

Yes, I purchased the insurance for 1 year (Dec 20-Dec21).  The insurance company told me if I do not require it that long I can end it early and it would be pro-rated with unused portion refunded to me (Axa Thailand insurance).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, songmaew said:

Did they they change this 90 days x 4 multiple entries (= 1 year validity) where you have to leave the country to commence then the next 90 days (each 90 days you must step out and in)? 

A OA visa has allowed a one year entry for as long as they have been available.

You seem to be confusing a multiple entry non-o visa that allows unlimited 90 day entries for one year from the date of issue.

I was curious since the covid 60 day extension was pushed back from 31 Jan to 31 Mar, does that mean anyone who is on the 45 day visa exempt who already got an Extension of Stay from Immigration, can re-extend that for an additional 60 days? The reason I ask is because normally, you’re only allowed “1” extension per stamp, however, i believe this means you can get a 2nd extension. 

also, do you think there’s a high chance this gets pushed back further when 31 Mar comes close allowing for a 3rd extension on the same stamp?  I am wondering if I should just pay the Visa agent 38k for a 1 year non o volunteer visa and save the trouble of worrying about getting an extension every 60 days.

On 2/2/2021 at 10:30 PM, songmaew said:

Does this Covid 19 extension offer recently announced apply to non OA visas?  i arrived mid December, quarantined and my visa 'ends' (requires a trip out of Thailand) on  March 12.   Obviously do not wish to quarantine again... iI plan to return to US in early May.  

If you entered Thailand on an O-A Visa in December, you should have a permission of stay valid until this December..... unless you got a difficult IO who checked your insurance validity. Check at what date you were stamped in until first, which may cover you, rather than the Visa expiry date. 

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If you entered Thailand on an O-A Visa in December, you should have a permission of stay valid until this December..... unless you got a difficult IO who checked your insurance validity. Check at what date you were stamped in until first, which may cover you, rather than the Visa expiry date. 

Sorry do not follow you re. ins. My 100% perfectly rule-abiding (and expensive) Thai insurance coverage (Dec'20 - Dec'21) cannot be of any issue here.  As stated, stamped in Dec 16, '20 and written after the words 'valid to' :  March 12, 2021.

8 minutes ago, songmaew said:

Sorry do not follow you re. ins. My 100% perfectly rule-abiding (and expensive) Thai insurance coverage (Dec'20 - Dec'21) cannot be of any issue here.  As stated, stamped in Dec 16, '20 and written after the words 'valid to' :  March 12, 2021.

Does your passport expire march 12 2021 by any chance

2 hours ago, songmaew said:

The entry stamp would usually say 'Admitted Until' then have a date stamped in it, not 'valid until'. 

Is it possible you have a Non-Imm-O, rather than an O-A?

For anyone wondering if they are busy now at MTT, I went with an appointment on Tuesday at 9:50 and it was empty.  There were about 4 people seated in the downstairs waiting area, plus 2 roaming around.  Since I am on a Tourist visa, I went to the 3rd floor.  The 2nd did not seem crowded when I poked my head in from the stairwell, but I didn't go look.

There were 4 people in the 3rd floor waiting area, and I think 2 were waiting for someone to come out of the processing room since they were gone before I was done.  The other 2 were filling in forms.  I had already downloaded and filled in the editable .pdf forms, and printed them out.  So all I had to do was fill in the 2 additional forms they have and was sent into the processing room.  Only 1 other person was there, and she was waiting for her passport back.

So I was done in as long as it took for the first officer to do whatever she needed to do on the computer, print a receipt, and the second to stamp my passport.

I received a 30 day extension and told that if I still couldn't get back home, then I could get the 60 day extension.  My extension will end mid March so it is before the current program ends.

Archived