Tourism minister: Foreigners will start returning in second half of the year -10 million on the way

webfact

Once Thailand starts letting tourists in with more reasonable accommodations WRT quarantine they will come.  A lot of people are hurting, but a lot more have been saving up money since they haven’t been able to spend it on things they usually do.  We have a couple other places we want to go first, but expect to make it back to LOS in 2021 for at least a few weeks.

But, is TAT really just a jobs program or what?  It seems like a pretty overvalued department with way too much budget and power.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Tourism minister: Foreigners will start returning in second half of the year -10 million on the way

Unfortunately what the minister has not possibly taken into account are the facts that many countries are also restricting travel plus the price of flights are increasing astronomically also people are running out on money (Not everyone is a billionaire - Unfortunately) and therefore cannot afford the drastic increase in flights & those that can have their own favorite locations to go to and possibly Thailand is not on that list ............!!!!!

• Like 1

Just an arm of government doing the bidding of the junta: giving some hope to the masses - that everything will be OK very soon (and that's why the huge spending potential is always mixed in with start date and the expected number of arrivals).

If they spoke the truth (that they have no idea, or the significant numbers of tourists won't return for at least 12 or 18 months), then all struggling businesses would give up hope and just close - leading perhaps to an unstoppable economic decline, chaos and worse.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Many unemployed, many tourism companies folded, so who will be the benefactor in all of this.  Who has bought up all of the tourism businesses?

Me.

Just put an offer in on a massage shop.

Called "happy hands".

Customers  welcome.

Opening offer:

But 2 hands, get 1 free.

• Haha 1

Just humour these people and keep them happy in believing they know what they are doing, that way they ignore and stay well clear of the important things that usually resolve themselves on their own, they won't interfer and screw it up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The TAT has predicted 10 million foreigners will visit in the second half of the year spending 50,000 baht each on average. 

These guys really crack me up ???? I love a good giggle. ????????????

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourism minister: Foreigners will start returning in second half of the year

Dog Whistle. The real message is that they will not start returning until July so hold on to yer hat and don't even think of firing him before then (should be OK for gratitude envelopes for another 5 months anyway).

Considering most Countries around the world are in lockdown 

Where are these 10 million Tourists coming from 

And if the Corivirus Quarantine  measures are still in place here  I think he can forget it 

What are these guys smoking to come out with these numbers 

• Like 1

It's actually quite unusual for the Ministry of Tourism and the TAT to come up with the same story as it appears every department works autonomously so for them both to come up with the same figure means one of two things: either 10 million tourists are on the way or they have all been trying out the new cannabis cafe in Prachanburi.

My money is on the latter!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

Considering most Countries around the world are in lockdown 

Where are these 10 million Tourists coming from 

And if the Corivirus Quarantine  measures are still in place here  I think he can forget it 

What are these guys smoking to come out with these numbers 

Maybe they should start smoking something other than dried buffalo *! %#,  numb their brain a bit more. 

Edited by Artisi

14 hours ago, webfact said:

who can  tell?  after  the chinese, came the british, and now the covid has taken a third shape,  i.e. the south african.  i can't imagine, it is the end of the story.

so sorry, minister,  your statements  are just  a wishful thinking and a dream that maybe set to crumble before your eyes!

Edited by Pique Dard