Thai Visa Forum

Car Insurance Recommendations

Hi All.

Please could you give me your personal recommendations for good reliable car insurance company, based on your own experiences.

Please I'm looking for trustworthy and english speaking companies.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 11:21 PM, DarrenSpencer said:

Please I'm looking for trustworthy and english speaking companies.

I have used AXA 3 years running and the annual premium goes down, not up, I also had a claim and they sorted real quick in the first year.

I go through AA Insurance Brokers here in Thailand for my car, house and private health cover, they found them for me and I paid them nothing, brokers are usually best to serve you as they deal with insurers all the time and can recommend good ones vs picking bad ones.

I did try the above recommended insurer that the TVF members recommended but I found them to be more expensive, I suppose depends on the car make and model ?

AXA paid out real quick and that's what matters to me, albeit that I had to pay the 5,000 baht excess/waiver to the panel beater first which was not an issue for me.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had AXA for the past 7 years but they are reducing the 3rd party coverage on my renewal (due March 14) and I think all the coverages are way too low already.  Per the recommendations above, I just filled out the online form at roojai.com and specified the maximum possible coverage for 3rd party and personal injury.  The quote is only 500B more than my annual policy with AXA.

Question: have any of the people recommending Roojai ever filed a claim with them and what was your experience?

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Got a good quote for wifes 6 year old Toyota Hilux 4 door auto /turbo.for just over 5 K which compares well against her present company....so must get her to sit for a minute and go for it. Unfortunately my 2 door Chinese LPG pickup is not on the list ..so "sorry can not"... but MPRai.... Also took out their C19 cover about 3 months ago.Again a good price and now have all the paper work..both in English and Thai.