Chonburi: Checkpoints cancelled, bars, pubs, swimming pools given green light to reopen

rooster59

yes, they closed hotels (probably they opened in June), to claim dole money for employees.

So the large part/the majority of hotels will now close, thus causing overstretch for those wishing to remain opened.

They should close already in december, when the second wave starter and chonburi was put into red zone.

there is no red zone anymore in chonburi, so bangkokians might travel there for weekend booze and party.

• Haha 1

I give Bangkok governors one week to open, as the roads will be packed on route to Pattaya next weekend, mass movement of booze seekers,  is that a good idea? and I wanted a weekend in Bangers...seeking booze. Mai pen rai.

Please look at the photo .. this is what Thailand calling a test center check point .. which means that it’s only people who drive and passing by a check point like that who will get a test... not all people are driving.. witch mean that it’s not even 25% of the Thai people who get a test .. and only a very few number of people are tested compared to the size of the country ???? 

Many country as Denmark ???????? are testing more then 100.000 people a day .. ????????????

They supposed to make free test center all over thailand..but no .. they smelling money ???? and charge people 2.000 / 5.000 baht for a hospital Covid test ????

Its so sad and Terrible that the Thai government don’t follow the same way as they do world wide.. ????????????????

And now they open up .. ????

7CA69E78-1A48-480E-825E-0F47160C5F68.jpeg

where is this in Thailand? 

I went to Bangkok two week ago to a hospital in the red zone. There was no check points set up. The people were going about their business as if there wasn’t a covid 19 out there. 

Yes it is strange but they don’t have to worry about me. I enjoy my daily walks before people get to moving and getting plenty of rest the entire day. ????????????

8 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

The whole country and its people are on the verge, they had no choice but to open.

Are they? All of the places I would go to pre-covid are still operating. Supermarkets, shops, pharmacies, barber, mom&pop stores, home improvement, building supplies, etc. Some have even extended / enlarged / refurbished their premises. I do see a lot of places now closed and remember visiting some of them before, recalling the service nonexistent, the prices exorbitant and wonder that they even lasted as long as they did. 

12 hours ago, Steen Nystrup said:

THAILAND ????????.. The country with the lowest number of people who have COVID 19 ... 

If you don’t know way they have so low numbers ? 
And maybe you are thinking a bit about How can it be so low .. ???

Please look at the photo .. this is what Thailand calling a test center check point .. which means that it’s only people who drive and passing by a check point like that who will get a test... not all people are driving.. witch mean that it’s not even 25% of the Thai people who get a test .. and only a very few number of people are tested compared to the size of the country ???? 

Many country as Denmark ???????? are testing more then 100.000 people a day .. ????????????

They supposed to make free test center all over thailand.. but no .. they smelling money ???? and charge people 2.000 / 5.000 baht for a hospital Covid test ????

Its so sad and Terrible that the Thai government don’t follow the same way as they do world wide.. ????????????????

And now they open up .. ????

7CA69E78-1A48-480E-825E-0F47160C5F68.jpeg

I think we all know the answer to your truthful comments. You can use any number of adjectives (or a combination thereof) to describe it. What really frosts my backside is that our respective embassies here in toilet-land are doing "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING" to make sure their own citizens are treated fairly and taken care of.

10 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

The whole country and its people are on the verge, they had no choice but to open.

So happy to hear that the opening of bars and GO-GOs, will bring a country back from ...."the Verge"

Maybe they should take this tip in bognor regis.................:coffee1:

22 hours ago, internationalism said:

it's strange, because in bangkok drinks still can't be served.

also just yesterday all hotels in chonburi were officially ordered to close (more to do with the government covid compensations and dole for unemployed). But now, with everything opened, there might be a shortage of rooms over weekends. Hotels can still open, but have to inform authorities, possibly facing check ups and covid permissions.

All openings, even restrictions, should be done gradually, depending on assessing risks. Quarantine should also be shortened gradually, down to only 3 days.

There seems to be contradictory, unreasonable actions, which don't instil trust in the governing 

As far as I read these permissions do NOT apply to BKK. 

2 hours ago, Keesters said:

Are they? All of the places I would go to pre-covid are still operating. Supermarkets, shops, pharmacies, barber, mom&pop stores, home improvement, building supplies, etc. Some have even extended / enlarged / refurbished their premises. I do see a lot of places now closed and remember visiting some of them before, recalling the service nonexistent, the prices exorbitant and wonder that they even lasted as long as they did. 

Chinese and Russian Triads money laundering...555555 :cheesy:????????