Want to sell my land in Lamai

I have 5 rai of sea view land Id like to sell.

Not sure what reasonable asking price is.  

It is Chanot.

1 km from the ocean.

Has water flowing on the land.

Near The Grandfather rock.

Wonder if there is any real estate activity on Samui now.  No tourists but curious.  I bought the land in 2005.

Unless he is Thai National, or a Thai National with Foreign Citizenship or maybe he now has Thai Citizenship after being here for a long while.  Many different ways it could be his land I guess is what I am trying to say. 

32 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Unless he is Thai National, or a Thai National with Foreign Citizenship or maybe he now has Thai Citizenship after being here for a long while.  Many different ways it could be his land I guess is what I am trying to say. 

Fair comment, but lets not split the hairs any further shall we, as that would be derailing the topic wouldnt it, even though your answer proves my initial point perfectly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nepal4me said:

I have 5 rai of sea view land Id like to sell.

Not sure what reasonable asking price is.  

It is Chanot.

1 km from the ocean.

Has water flowing on the land.

Near The Grandfather rock.

Wonder if there is any real estate activity on Samui now.  No tourists but curious.  I bought the land in 2005.

Is the land in your name or a company?

Thanks for the comments.  I bought the land in a company that I set up in 2004.  I transferred the land to my wife in 2017 so yeah, it is fully owned by a Thai.

I did a google search a few weeks ago and started talking to 4 agents.  They responded but generally they respond after a 2nd reminder email and even then only after a few days.  

One agent did say that land was selling and maybe 3 mil per rai.

My land is about 100 meters off the main road and the road/track in is pretty rough in rainy season.

• Thanks 1

I perhaps should have mentioned; my friend invested in bringing in electricity and having a well dug; an expensive proposition as they had to go deep.  He factored this into the price of the land but it proved to be a smart move as the buyer stated that already having those services was a strong factor in his decision to buy it.

Edited by dddave

11 hours ago, Nepal4me said:

Thanks for the comments.  I bought the land in a company that I set up in 2004.  I transferred the land to my wife in 2017 so yeah, it is fully owned by a Thai.

I did a google search a few weeks ago and started talking to 4 agents.  They responded but generally they respond after a 2nd reminder email and even then only after a few days.  

One agent did say that land was selling and maybe 3 mil per rai.

My land is about 100 meters off the main road and the road/track in is pretty rough in rainy season.

I have to agree, most property agents in Samui who have a great internet presence are bloody useless. Information requests to email either don't get a reply or you might get one weeks later after you have moved on already.

In addition, it seems a large part of the portfolio they have on offer has already been sold or they don't even have the mandate to sell it. It is almost comical how when you finally get a reply to a question you had about a property they come up with an excuse on why it is not for sale anymore and how they try to push properties that have been on the market for ages instead

Would be very interested as well if anybody knows a good agent who does serious business and actually has grasp of the samui market 

Edited by huberthammer
  • Like 2

I guess the reality is that unless I find an agent that has his <deleted> together, nothing will happen until this covid thing is finally over.

I could use the cash now but if I have to wait a couple of years, guess I can do that.

Still, any ideas on a decent agent would be appreciated.

6 hours ago, huberthammer said:

In addition, it seems a large part of the portfolio they have on offer has already been sold or they don't even have the mandate to sell it. It is almost comical how when you finally get a reply to a question you had about a property they come up with an excuse on why it is not for sale anymore and how they try to push properties that have been on the market for ages instead

To my knowledge you don't always sign exclusively with one agent, the one that makes the sale gets the commission. Real estate agents also share property for sale, and if someone has a buyer for another agents stock, they share the commission; i.e. the real vallue is a customer that wish to buy land on Samui.

And yes, attractive property on an Internet page creates interest, unfortunately it's just been sold...????

• Like 1

18 hours ago, khunPer said:

To my knowledge you don't always sign exclusively with one agent, the one that makes the sale gets the commission. Real estate agents also share property for sale, and if someone has a buyer for another agents stock, they share the commission; i.e. the real vallue is a customer that wish to buy land on Samui.

And yes, attractive property on an Internet page creates interest, unfortunately it's just been sold...????

I even came across two properties which the seller withdrew it from the agent but they just kept offering without his consent....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2021 at 6:40 AM, khunPer said:

I haven't been offered any land after Covid outbreak, so I don't know if prices have changed within the last about 12 month period; the last offer was 3.5 million baht a rai for some 4-5 rai (part of it was a small lake or wet area, depending of season).

????

A 6 rai plot on Lamai hillside with a slightly compromised seaview (wasnt full 180 degree) was reduced from an ambitious 4.5 to 3 mil this time last year. I actually thought that reasonable as not that special village land around CM is asking that now. had concrete road access and appeared to have power going past (no DD on whose power poles it was etc). 

I saw a vague listing a couple of month ago that I think was the same parcel saying 2.5 and what might be 3 x 2 rai chunks of it but at a big step up in price per rai. 

If that had no issues, I personally didnt think that was shocking. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2021 at 6:28 AM, dddave said:

Just this past month friend of mine in Chaing Rai had some very nice land he wanted to sell and listed it on several sites, including Facebook Marketplace, Bahtsold and Fazwaz.  I had never heard of Fazwaz (www.fazwaz.com) but it turned out to be the listing that got the most serious responses and he actually found a buyer despite the current situation.  

He did his research and asked a realistic price just a bit below market. Land prices are all over the place and meaningful comps are hard to achieve. 

In the ad, he posted not only good stills of the property and building on it, but also a good 2 minute "walk around" video showing the the property's finer points along with access roads and nearby amenities. 

He also made sure that his deeds were in perfect order which really sped the closing along.

He did have to deal with more than a few "Tire-Kickers" and "Low-Ballers" who tried to bully him into stupid offers but he's not the type to be intimidated.  

Finally; he did list the land with several brokers and found them to be totally useless and annoying, referring clients looking for something totally different and wasting his time.

Its mind blowing how bad listings can be !! Land houses, rentals, etc

Close up of a cupboard.. no images of kitchen or bathrooms.. no location listed.. No prices.. No sizes.. As tho a couple of blurry badly lit cellphone photos is the standard of professionalism. When you ask any questions its 'PM please' !?!