Looking to update my Android streaming box

ezzra

Having used MECOOL M8S Max 4K TV Box Amlogic S912 for sometime now with a fare share of buffering, i'm looking to upgrade

after some research of what is recommended and available on the market to a MINIX NEO U9-H 64-bit Octa-Core Media Hub Android

Smart TV Box with android 6.1 marshmallow a box that is well recommended for streaming,

any thoughts and recommendations to share?... 

10 minutes ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Agree if your speed 100mbs no problems. All movies and tv shows on free sites are governed by speed the link is allowing. Use a site that has many links and change link if buffering happens. Hyperlink offers many links.

For normal services such as Netflix/YouTube etc even a 10Mbps connection works perfectly without buffering. Either the server/internet path providing the content is wonky (pirated movies from some guy's server in his mom's basement in Bulgaria), or you are trying to watch at a resolution much higher than your internet connection will provide.

• Like 1

I get mine updated about every 6 months.

In fact just had it done as some of the options did seem slower then before. And Cyberflix was blank. I am no expert the woman at the shop told me my box was "cluttered and very slow".  She told me she cleaned it up and reloaded everything.  Even put on a couple of male entertainment options.    ????

Now working great getting everything no issues.

100 b.

Edited by bkk6060

Before buying a new box, 

Why don't you try closing all background apps, as over time, they affect the speed of your device, and create buffering. 

There's a dedicated app to close background apps, but I forget the name. 

Google will know it. 

Its available on the bulk downloader that starts with F and ends with Linked. 

Also, you could factory reset your box, then it will auto update to the latest available version. 

But then, you would have to install your favourite apps again. 

Edited by northsouthdevide

26 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've been using a Minix U9-H for quite a while now. It works pretty well, but there are 3 areas where it is lacking IMHO. It only has 2GB RAM, 16GB storage and it still on Android 6.1. If I was looking for a new box, I would be looking for at least 4GB RAM, 64GB storage and at least Android 9. Just my humble opinion of course. 

Update: There is an unofficial android rom to upgrade to android 7.1.2 which can be downloaded and written to the Minix U9-H. This is the version that I use. However, there are some stability issues. 

• Like 1

I have a tx6 box  that a nice TV member set up for me .   He had installed a few apps ( modbro, etc)

and all works fairly well ..... good 3bb speed probably helps.

I do have some issues with buffering on some sports ( my guess is the "source" is causing that) as

usually only with  big networks.  Movies on another app no problem

I would love to have a shop or such here in CM  to help with updating/cleaning etc such as BKK 6060 uses .   anyone in CM  have a recommendation ?

I do not do that stuff myself as it is one area where I am not brave .   Click on the wrong thing and

mess it all up !    I can learn but need to see and learn in person 

• Like 1

My AIS fiber internet speed is pretty fast using power 4 special mash router 200/200 Mbps paying 950 baht a month but still get a lot of buffering when watching ITPV that has 13,000 channels on it for US$25 a year subscription, so i though maybe if i'll upgrade the box i'll have a smoother viewing experience hence this post to solicit ideas and feed backs...

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

My AIS fiber internet speed is pretty fast using power 4 special mash router 200/200 Mbps paying 950 baht a month but still get a lot of buffering when watching ITPV that has 13,000 channels on it for US$25 a year subscription, so i though maybe if i'll upgrade the box i'll have a smoother viewing experience hence this post to solicit ideas and feed backs...

You could try factory reset, then install the iptv app again and log in. 

Maybe that will work before having to fork out for a new box. 

The one you have is still pretty decent. 

Edited by northsouthdevide
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 9:32 AM, ezzra said:

Maybe the upgrade will also increase the number of channels from 13000 to say 20000. Then it'll take you so much longer to decide which to watch, by which time that program will have finished!   LOL

• Haha 1