3 hours ago, TC17 said:

Be sure to read reviews before you book.  The ASQ my wife stayed at served food similar to a prison.  It was <deleted> 3 times a day.  And they charged through the nose for laundry.  

You can send us a PM.

We are also looking into review aggregation, as we have noticed many of the ASQ hotel reviews are spread across many places (mostly facebook groups).

As someone serving my ASQ, I would recommend getting the best and biggest room you can afford.  There is nothing pleasant about 14 days ASQ so any little luxury will make the stay more bearable.

Sat TV is almost essential, with English channels.

Balcony, if permitted,  to get some fresh air 

Anything to help pass the time.  14 Days is a long time.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Robin said:

As someone serving my ASQ, I would recommend getting the best and biggest room you can afford.  There is nothing pleasant about 14 days ASQ so any little luxury will make the stay more bearable.

Sat TV is almost essential, with English channels.

Balcony, if permitted,  to get some fresh air 

Anything to help pass the time.  14 Days is a long time.

One of the most requested things we have seen has been a balcony ????, second is 7-11 out side orders.

8 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The prices appear to dropping and also the number of ASQ Hotels ?

Yes we have seen much better packages.

One thing to note about our directory is that we give each hotel full control of their listings, and do not charge any commission (so this may be why the prices are lower in some cases). 

But in general we have seen a lot of "deals" further reducing prices.

We started this two weeks ago, and are already working with 20% of the ASQ's.

Hopefully we will be working with 100% of them by the end of the month.

On 2/2/2021 at 5:08 AM, Jumbo1968 said:

The prices appear to dropping and also the number of ASQ Hotels ?

Quite a few of the hotels listed on this site give very little detail and some have no photos of the rooms. 

Details of wi-fi confusing for some of the hotels listed. One hotel says 'has wi-fi in the lobby'.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Quite a few of the hotels listed on this site give very little detail and some have no photos of the rooms. 

Details of wi-fi confusing for some of the hotels listed. One hotel says 'has wi-fi in the lobby'.

The hotels without room photos we are working on pushing them to update their pages.

All of the ones with room photos are fully managing their own listings.

Hopefully we get them all on board, as this is a free service.

To save looking through all the locations, could you advise a couple handy for Don Muang for those of us leaving Quarantine that would hope to fly to our Thailand destination - Thank you

Edit - Looks like the Cinnamon Residence fits

Edited by 473geo
update
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Looking at statistics being quoted less than 500 people have arrived each month, there are 122 hotels. I have emailed a few and they weren’t available, do the hotels only have or limited to the number of arrivals they can take ?

I am not sure what statistics you are looking at. If you are looking at repatriation flights, they do not carry most of the arrivals using ASQ hotels. For a while, most have been arriving on, so called, semi commercial flights.

• Like 2

Just now, BritTim said:

I am not sure what statistics you are looking at. If you are looking at repatriation flights, they do not carry most of the arrivals using ASQ hotels. For a while, most have been arriving on, so called, semi commercial flights.

There are 122 ASQ Hotels which means a few thousand rooms, there are not thousands of people arriving weekly/monthly. As I said I emailed a few and the majority said they were full up until March ?

2 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

There are 122 ASQ Hotels which means a few thousand rooms, there are not thousands of people arriving weekly/monthly. As I said I emailed a few and the majority said they were full up until March ?

Again, where are the statistics? What I can see is that there are dozens of international flights arriving each day, and I do not think they are arriving empty. Just looking at the arrivals over the last 12 hours at Suvarnabhumi suggests (absent convincing evidence to the contrary) that there are, indeed, thousands of people not arriving weekly/monthly, but daily. Arrivals are well down on pre Covid-19 days, but not at the kind of levels we saw six to nine months ago.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Looking at statistics being quoted less than 500 people have arrived each month, there are 122 hotels. I have emailed a few and they weren’t available, do the hotels only have or limited to the number of arrivals they can take ?

This cannot be correct as even on our site which is new we see 100 to 200 booking requests per day.

Also many of the hotels which have 90+ rooms are fully booked until mid/end of feb.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

This cannot be correct as even on our site which is new we see 100 to 200 booking requests per day.

Also many of the hotels which have 90+ rooms are fully booked until mid/end of feb.

This article states on average only 346 tourists have been arriving each month, I can’t see how the numbers could be made up of people travelling for business etc ?

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-magazine/travel/article/3120232/quarantines-are-killing-thailands-tourism-industry

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

This article states on average only 346 tourists have been arriving each month, I can’t see how the numbers could be made up of people travelling for business etc ?

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-magazine/travel/article/3120232/quarantines-are-killing-thailands-tourism-industry

That is under the STV visa.

Majority of everyone else is entering the country under

• existing yearly visas that are permitted to enter via multiple entry / re-entry
  • visa exempt entry - https://tvc.in.th/EXEMPT
  • or 60 day tourist visas
Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Issanman said:

Is there a thread that we can use for reviewing our ASQ hotels? 

There are some things about my hotel that I would like to post that people should know about before making a reservation here. 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/forum/316-asq-14-day-quarantine-hotels/

We will soon be adding detailed review support, as well as "verified reviews" (one of the most requested features).

Another thing that as been asked is advanced filtering based on room features, which we are also working on.

• Thanks 1

We now have filter support for room features

For example here is a filtered list of all hotels that have rooms that allow NON-MARRIED COUPLES, or rooms that have BALCONIES, or rooms that allow NON-MARRIED COUPLES, AND HAVE BALCONIES.

So far around 60% of all hotels have updated their hotel information so this is now the best resource for this kind of information.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

On 2/13/2021 at 7:33 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

Are there any hotels where you can book and only pay a deposit excluding Agoda ?

You can try to use the Small Deposit room feature filter.

Each hotel has different terms, some are better than others.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2021 at 10:30 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

I have checked a few hotels, all want full price for our 5/6 year old son, some will give a small discount as he is Thai likewise his Mother but none based on his age ?

Some hotels do provide discounts for young children (under 10).

You can try looking into this one:

https://asq.in.th/asq-thailand-hotels/centara-watergate-pavillion-hotel-bangkok

We tried searching through the free-text descriptions.

I think we need to do some sort of structured policy’s where we need the hotels to complete, and then we could provide advanced filtering on these types of conditions as well.

We are happy to say we have expanded our room filtering, and made additional improvements by onboarding more of the ASQ hotels to directly manage their listings.

You may now use the following room feature filters in combination

• ฿5,000 Deposit
  • 7-Eleven Purchase
  • Balcony
  • Bathtub
  • Coffee Machine
  • Connecting Room
  • Family Suites
  • Fitness Allowed
  • HDMI Cable
  • Halal Food Options
  • International Channels
  • Internet - Wifi
  • Kitchen
  • Living Room
  • Microwave
  • Netflix
  • Non-Married Couples
  • Outdoor Facilities
  • Small Deposit
  • Small Fees for Children
  • Smoking Rooms Available
  • Swimming Pool
  • Vegetarian Meals
  • Washing Machine
  • Work Space
  • Yoga Mat

As well as filter by room size, starting prices. You may also sort by rating, price, and cost per SQM.

Hopefully with these types of advanced filtering it will make finding the ASQ hotel that suits your needs the best without spending too much time.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

8 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

We are happy to say we have expanded our room filtering, and made additional improvements by onboarding more of the ASQ hotels to directly manage their listings.

You may now use the following room feature filters in combination

• ฿5,000 Deposit
  • 7-Eleven Purchase
  • Balcony
  • Bathtub
  • Coffee Machine
  • Connecting Room
  • Family Suites
  • Fitness Allowed
  • HDMI Cable
  • Halal Food Options
  • International Channels
  • Internet - Wifi
  • Kitchen
  • Living Room
  • Microwave
  • Netflix
  • Non-Married Couples
  • Outdoor Facilities
  • Small Deposit
  • Small Fees for Children
  • Smoking Rooms Available
  • Swimming Pool
  • Vegetarian Meals
  • Washing Machine
  • Work Space
  • Yoga Mat

As well as filter by room size, starting prices. You may also sort by rating, price, and cost per SQM.

Hopefully with these types of advanced filtering it will make finding the ASQ hotel that suits your needs the best without spending too much time.

How do you apply the filters ?

8 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

How do you apply the filters ?

Go to ASQ Hotels. Use the room feature drop down to select a feature. You can do this multiple times to add further features. To remove features, either use Clear or use the drop down menu and click the selected feature you want to remove.

• Like 2