Pre-covid I booked a stay at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort.  It was to be an expensive luxury break. I have tried to resurrect the trip but get no replies as it now appears on the above list.  They have my money but are not giving me what I paid for - is this Thainess?Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort

25 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Pre-covid I booked a stay at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort.  It was to be an expensive luxury break. I have tried to resurrect the trip but get no replies as it now appears on the above list.  They have my money but are not giving me what I paid for - is this Thainess?Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort

Very sorry to hear this, we have heard some hotels providing credit.

We only provide the the booking inquiry platform, and are not really involved with any of the hotels pre-covid behavior.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:
58 minutes ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

I am in the Siam Mandarina, they took 4500bt when I booked then you don't pay the rest until check in.

They have just put their prices up by 3 thousand baht ?

I saw that too... It looks like they have !!.... 

Very interested in any response which show ASQ hotels which have a good cancellation policy (other than Agoda).

Currently, outside of a Agoda very few seem to offer a full refund if you can’t travel due to receiving a positive test result the day before the flight into Thailand.

Agoda’s free cancellation up to the day before offers great piece of mind, however Agoda has about 30 of the ASQ’s not the full list we see on thaiest.com

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Very interested in any response which show ASQ hotels which have a good cancellation policy (other than Agoda).

Currently, outside of a Agoda very few seem to offer a full refund if you can’t travel due to receiving a positive test result the day before the flight into Thailand.

Agoda’s free cancellation up to the day before offers great piece of mind, however Agoda has about 30 of the ASQ’s not the full list we see on thaiest.com

Being the ever pessimist irrespective if you cancel they have your credit card details so just take the full amount  ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Please use our filters (the gold button in the bottom right), these hotels offer small deposits.

https://asq.in.th/?selectedFeaturesFilter=Small Deposit

Also some hotels do offer policies where you can move the date at any time, but there is no full refund outside of agoda.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 2:49 AM, TC17 said:

Be sure to read reviews before you book.  The ASQ my wife stayed at served food similar to a prison.  It was <deleted> 3 times a day.  And they charged through the nose for laundry.  

At least you had laundry service. My ASQ hotel (name withheld) closed the laundry months ago and didn't think to compile and maintain a list of local services that can pick up and deliver. And, of course, they didn't advise guests. Imagine being fresh off the plane, first time in Thailand, trying to schedule a laundry service pickup at an ASQ hotel without speaking Thai. 

IMG-20210309-WA0014.jpg

Edited by j.a.farang001
Added image
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, j.a.farang001 said:

At least you had laundry service. My ASQ hotel (name withheld) closed the laundry months ago and didn't think to compile and maintain a list of local services that can pick up and deliver. And, of course, they didn't advise guests. Imagine being fresh off the plane, first time in Thailand, trying to schedule a laundry service pickup at an ASQ hotel without speaking Thai. 

IMG-20210309-WA0014.jpg

Please share your experience on our site

https://asq.in.th/review

Your review will help others determine which hotel they wish to stay at.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

2 hours ago, j.a.farang001 said:

IMG-20210309-WA0014.jpg

To me, having a random laundry service picking up clothing from someone in quarantine seems undesirable anyway. There must surely be, at least, a small risk of Covid infection escaping quarantine through such a procedure. Presumably, the laundry service inside a quarantine hotel would have training and processes to ameliorate the risks of picking up and handling clothing of potentially infected guests. This would not be true of a random laundry picked from the Internet.

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

To me, having a random laundry service picking up clothing from someone in quarantine seems undesirable anyway. There must surely be, at least, a small risk of Covid infection escaping quarantine through such a procedure. Presumably, the laundry service inside a quarantine hotel would have training and processes to ameliorate the risks of picking up and handling clothing of potentially infected guests. This would not be true of a random laundry picked from the Internet.

Here is a list of 8 hotels with a washing machine, and a balcony.

https://asq.in.th/?selectedFeaturesFilter=Washing Machine_Balcony

19 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Here is a list of 8 hotels with a washing machine, and a balcony.

https://asq.in.th/?selectedFeaturesFilter=Washing Machine_Balcony

That's a good point. In a country of over 60 million with 26k known infections of an airborne disease over 12 months, I'm willing to accept the risk of getting infected by someone handling my clothing. Most likely the workers are wearing facial coverings for their own protection which adds to my own protections.

• 2 weeks later...

Today we introduced a Duration filter that supports 10 / 15 days.

Here is an example of All Bangkok ASQ hotels that offer 10 Day packages.

Luckily already 85 of the 136 hotels have updated their pricing, and we are trying to get 100% coverage as soon as possible.

We are the most up to date ASQ platform overall.

5 minutes ago, onebir said:

It looks like the cheapest 10 day ASQ packages are about THB21-22k, within a few k of what the cheapest 15 day packages used to be?

The cheapest package for 15 day is 26,000 THB from what we remember.

But it makes sense because the cheaper hotels cannot reduce their prices as much as the more expensive hotels as majority of the cost for the cheaper hotels is probably ASQ Hospital related.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

The cheapest package for 15 day is 26,000 THB from what we remember.

But it makes sense because the cheaper hotels cannot reduce their prices as much as the more expensive hotels as majority of the cost for the cheaper hotels is probably ASQ Hospital related.

Ah, well still a ~15% saving then. Hadn't thought about the ASQ hospital costs - good point!

It could also be that the cheaper hotels are taking a bit longer to offer 10 day packages?

Happy to say that most of the more inexpensive ASQ hotels have also updated their pricing.

Cheapest hotel being 15,500 THB for a 7 day package.

Currently we have 7 day prices for 67 Hotels offering 232 rooms with 7 day pricing.

Hopefully by the end of the week we hit 100+ Hotels, and 400 Room Types (similar to the 10 day packages)

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

1 minute ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Happy to say that most of the more inexpensive ASQ hotels have also updated their pricing.

Cheapest hotel being 15,500 THB for a 7 day package.

Currently we have 7 day prices for 67 Hotels offering 232 rooms with 7 day pricing.

Hopefully by the end of the week we hit 100+ Hotels, and 400 Room Types (similar to the 10 day packages)

The recent changes also included one that said if you arrive in Thailand before 6:00pm then you can count your arrival day as Day 1, not Day 0 as before.  Thus a 15 night package becomes 14 nights and one of 8 nights becomes 7.

Are your hotels aware of this and offering the shorter packages?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, treetops said:

The recent changes also included one that said if you arrive in Thailand before 6:00pm then you can count your arrival day as Day 1, not Day 0 as before.  Thus a 15 night package becomes 14 nights and one of 8 nights becomes 7.

Are your hotels aware of this and offering the shorter packages?

It would be good to clarify that with each hotel at the moment.

They are still standardizing policy, our main goal right now is to at least get them all to release their pricing.

After that we can start to work on getting them to standardize, or at least release as much information as possible if they are not following the majority.

• Like 1

This was a very busy week but after many emails, and phone calls we were able to get 128 hotels to release 10 day prices for all of their rooms, as well as 113 hotels to release 7 day prices for all of their rooms.

We have also released a dedicated page for reading ASQ/ALQ reviews across all of the hotels, and have had over 300 reviews submitted through our platform.

If you would like to submit a review you can do so here ASQ.in.th/REVIEW, if you wish to read all of the reviews you can do it here.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

• 3 weeks later...

We have updated the filtering logic to include rooms. So now you can select a duration, price range, and room features and it will filter hotels that offer rooms with those features that are in your budget.

Before we only used the lowest room price, and combined all room features but this was not a good user experience.

Here is an example of searching through all Bangkok ASQ hotel rooms(500++) for rooms that have a balcony, and bathtub under 26,000 THB.

Rooms with a Balcony, and a Bathtub under 28,500 THB

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre