Body identified as woman who came to Phuket to work, repeatedly shot in head, confirm police

webfact

Body identified as woman who came to Phuket to work, repeatedly shot in head, confirm police

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1612086099_1-org.jpg

Police interview witnesses in identifying the body of the woman found dumped beside the road south of Patong on Friday. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: The body found dumped beside the road between Patong and Karon on Friday (Jan 29) has been confirmed to be that of a woman who had been living in Nakhon Sri Thammarat but came to Phuket to work just over a week ago, Karon Police have confirmed.

Also, the severe head trauma originally believed to have been inflicted by a heavy instrument has now been confirmed by forensic police to be a shotgun wound, Karon Police Chief Col Peerapong Chai-aroon.

Forensic police reported that the firearm used was “short-barrelled shotgun”, Lt Col Peerapong said.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/body-identified-as-woman-who-came-to-phuket-to-work-repeatedly-shot-in-head-confirm-police-78849.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-02-01

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, asiasurfer said:

Gruesome story again. But how can one confuse a "severe head trauma" with gunshots?? ???? I'm not a forensic expert expat of course...

The confusion was probably speculation about head trauma before the autopsy stated shotgun wounds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Many years ago, the karon-patong road was beset by bandits. They were violent, shooting their vicitms, running others off the road. Maybe they have come back?

They are looking for her husband who has just suddenly vanished .

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Really ??  How long ago ?  I been driving that road for almost 25 years now. I call a Troll.

Maybe not that section but from Kata view point to Rawai was famous for it, I knew a German guy who on his bike coming down from the view point who almost got decapitated they had tied a rope across the road he was in a bad way, they just left him for dead in the road, 

13 hours ago, asiasurfer said:

Gruesome story again. But how can one confuse a "severe head trauma" with gunshots?? ???? I'm not a forensic expert expat of course...

A shot gun can do a great deal of damage when fired at close range and before the pellets start to spread. Such a mistake is IMO quite conservable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Many years ago, the karon-patong road was beset by bandits. They were violent, shooting their vicitms, running others off the road. Maybe they have come back?

Some years ago on the quieter mountain roads, there were several robberies of bike riders with the callus robbers forcing people to fall from their bikes.

This murder victim was shot in the head, wrapped in a blanket and dumped a few meters off the  road. She was not on a bike.  No comparison. 

The "beset by bandits" theory draws a long bow. 

22 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Really ??  How long ago ?  I been driving that road for almost 25 years now. I call a Troll.

How rude you are. Not my fault you may have memory impairment.  What did I write?

I write MANY YEARS AGO. And yes there were a series of motorbike robberies where the bandit would come up from behind at night and run solitary motor bike driver off the road, or grab lady purse and pull. The hotspot was the Karon to Patong stretch because it was so dark. Also Kalim - Kamala to Patong had the same problem. I know because many stories and building manager of my condo was mugged on way home from Patong.

Did you even make effort to search or do you just like to yell troll because it is easy to do?

I made quick search, and see "Bike Gang Terrorizes Motorists".    https://thethaiger.com/dg/2006-06-17.pdf

From 2006, MANY YEARS AGO but well within the 25 year memory gap you have. The Karon incidents I think were closer to 2009/2010.  And no, I am not confusing with the gang that was finally stopped after they mugged at the Karon Viewpoint;

Polish tourists beaten, robbed by Phuket teenagers- Phuket police yesterday evening apprehended four teenagers who brutally attacked and robbed two Polish tourists at Karon viewpoint .https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/Polish-tourists-beaten-robbed-Phuket-teenagers    These 4 were also accused of a series of motorcycle based bag snatches and robberies on the Karon beach road, this was in 2016, but they are not the group I am thinking off.   After their motorbikes were seized by BiB, motorcycle  chase thefts stopped.   The gang I am thinking of  ran wild from 2009 to 2010 and it was around  the time the lady was caught trying to steal the bar mat in Patong. I remember because there was a long thread in Thaivisa Forum.

Next time before you make emotional outburst, you take a few minutes to verify first, ok? 

Edited by Patong2021

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Some years ago on the quieter mountain roads, there were several robberies of bike riders with the callus robbers forcing people to fall from their bikes.

This murder victim was shot in the head, wrapped in a blanket and dumped a few meters off the  road. She was not on a bike.  No comparison. 

The "beset by bandits" theory draws a long bow. 

The body may have been dumped , but it is  somewhat odd that it would be dumped so close to a road where it would be easily found. Most people would dump in the forest or garbage dump or in the ocean. The weakness of many of these suspicious death stories is that the facts change with time. Sure, the first explanation that comes to mind is that this may be a domestic violence event, but here, we never get the full story.  I agree  with you that it is not likely to a forced exit from motorbike, but we see a history in Phuket  of crimes of opportunity.  I will not play Sherlock Holmes here, but will wait to see if there is more fact to come. I do not wish to turn this poor woman's death into petty dispute.

1 hour ago, Patong2021 said:

How rude you are. Not my fault you may have memory impairment.  What did I write?

I write MANY YEARS AGO. And yes there were a series of motorbike robberies where the bandit would come up from behind at night and run solitary motor bike driver off the road, or grab lady purse and pull. The hotspot was the Karon to Patong stretch because it was so dark. Also Kalim - Kamala to Patong had the same problem. I know because many stories and building manager of my condo was mugged on way home from Patong.

Did you even make effort to search or do you just like to yell troll because it is easy to do?

I made quick search, and see "Bike Gang Terrorizes Motorists".    https://thethaiger.com/dg/2006-06-17.pdf

From 2006, MANY YEARS AGO but well within the 25 year memory gap you have. The Karon incidents I think were closer to 2009/2010.  And no, I am not confusing with the gang that was finally stopped after they mugged at the Karon Viewpoint;

Polish tourists beaten, robbed by Phuket teenagers- Phuket police yesterday evening apprehended four teenagers who brutally attacked and robbed two Polish tourists at Karon viewpoint .https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/Polish-tourists-beaten-robbed-Phuket-teenagers    These 4 were also accused of a series of motorcycle based bag snatches and robberies on the Karon beach road, this was in 2016, but they are not the group I am thinking off.   After their motorbikes were seized by BiB, motorcycle  chase thefts stopped.   The gang I am thinking of  ran wild from 2009 to 2010 and it was around  the time the lady was caught trying to steal the bar mat in Patong. I remember because there was a long thread in Thaivisa Forum.

Next time before you make emotional outburst, you take a few minutes to verify first, ok? 

Not going to argue with you. I just stated my experience on the Patong Karon road.  To be honest the only incident I recall was the beating of a bus driver by taxi drivers when his company started a public bus service. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patong2021 said:

The body may have been dumped , but it is  somewhat odd that it would be dumped so close to a road where it would be easily found. Most people would dump in the forest or garbage dump or in the ocean. The weakness of many of these suspicious death stories is that the facts change with time. Sure, the first explanation that comes to mind is that this may be a domestic violence event, but here, we never get the full story.  I agree  with you that it is not likely to a forced exit from motorbike, but we see a history in Phuket  of crimes of opportunity.  I will not play Sherlock Holmes here, but will wait to see if there is more fact to come. I do not wish to turn this poor woman's death into petty dispute.

If you read the full story in the other threads and outside links, you would know that the police are looking for her husband. Witnesses state he was very jealous, they fought often  and argued to the point where she wouldn't say a word wnen both were in conversation with others. There is also a published picture of a bloodstained mattress from her home, and he reportedly has a home made shotgun. He has now disappeared.. 

If you read all the published facts before putting forward far fetched theories designed to impugn the reputation of Phuket as a tourist destination, you would appear much wiser.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Not going to argue with you. I just stated my experience on the Patong Karon road.  To be honest the only incident I recall was the beating of a bus driver by taxi drivers when his company started a public bus service. 

You  called me a troll because I recalled one series of violent crimes on the section of road between Karon and Patong. When I show you incidents, you do not acknowledge that you were were not correct to call me troll.

Here is another incident that you can look up; snatch thieves botch attempt to grab an Irish woman’s purse led to motorbike crash.  It was discussed in the Thai Visa Phuket News section several years ago. In the general section, there was a discussion of the Patong to Karon road section with several people discussing experience.

19 hours ago, Old Croc said:

If you read the full story in the other threads and outside links, you would know that the police are looking for her husband. Witnesses state he was very jealous, they fought often  and argued to the point where she wouldn't say a word wnen both were in conversation with others. There is also a published picture of a bloodstained mattress from her home, and he reportedly has a home made shotgun. He has now disappeared.. 

If you read all the published facts before putting forward far fetched theories designed to impugn the reputation of Phuket as a tourist destination, you would appear much wiser.  

I do not make argument over whether or not this is domestic dispute incident and I even make that mention.

However, I know from many years experience, that facts recited in public account do not always match up with the event. Sometimes domestic spouse is accused and it turns out it was someone else  So far we have circumstantial evidence from nosy neighbor. I don't know what happened and I am not detective. Were you there?

As for your obnoxious description that I make farfetched claim to impugn reputation of Phuket, are you for real? You think you fool anyone with your nationalistic positioning?  I do not "impugn" Phuket when I reference actual events that are  documented. It is your attitude that makes it easy for innocent people to be accused and convicted. Come back to me when all facts are established. If every spouse could be sent to jail for loud argument with spouse or jealousy, many people would be in jail.