German man survives high-speed impact with traffic island

snoop1130

the lucky number hyenas would be screaming to know the plate on

that 'other' bike that he just missed hitting side on! 

image.png.b100d950f4eeaee0adfbd1edc290454b.png 

-  except for the pole getting in the way...  

or were there really two racing each other??

34 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Transferred to Bangkok hospital from Chalong hospital.....because they can charge him much more....

Chalong hospital is associated with Vachira.  It's likely the patient or family requested transfer to BHP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Im trying to work out exactly how he managed that, thats a straight bit of road with traffic lights on that junction and the lane on the other side of the road should be right turn only, we need to see a video

professionalism?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

You can see the video in the Youtube news report:

Manhunt for husband after wife's body found on side of road! || Thailand News - YouTube

He was travelling at speed along the right turn lane, with his blinker operating, but inexplicably went straight on into the island on the other side of the intersection.

It's like he made no attempt to turn,

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ezzra said:

What a traffic island doing in the middle of the road, and with a sign too, risking the lives of speeding dummkopf riders that i'll never know...

You can see that is an 'offset junction whereby  the separated medians are not in alignment. The rider was approaching in the right turn/U-turrn lane. He should have been in the lane to the left. That said, at times of low traffic it's  an accident waiting to happen. TIT!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Again this  does  not  look  like hi speed to me, second accident that states  hi speed when its  clearly  not.

If by 'again' you mean the pickup running over motorbikes in Hua Hin, that incident's posted video was deliberately slowed. I don't know why but it obviously was.

Judging by how high the otherwise flightless Herr Frischer bird managed to fly, I reckon this incident was high speed.

41 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

yes Mr. Inexplicably pulled out in front of him and he was distracted for a moment.  

Yes. I think that mbike pull out intersection in front of him might have distracted him. Mind you it seems he was too going fast for the right turn. 

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

yes Mr. Inexplicably pulled out in front of him and he was distracted for a moment.  

If someone pulling out in front of you distracts you to the point of forgetting to make a turn, you really shouldn't be driving in Thailand.  You certainly shouldn't be going at a speed which would cause grief if you did try to make the turn.

My initial thoughts were that Mr E was startled by the bike coming at him at great speed and swerved over to get out of his way. I don't always consider the alien to be the innocent party in all accidents.

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

It looks that way, it happens all the time especially turning left, Ive just come to that junction I need to turn left and there was about 20 bikes to my right just waiting to jump the lights, and always have to watch people coming up the inside of me to go straight as I want to turn left, it's <deleted> nuts 

• Like 1