Phuket lifeguards urge beach caution after Russian man, Thai girl rescued from drowning

snoop1130

Phuket lifeguards urge beach caution after Russian man, Thai girl rescued from drowning

By The Phuket News

1612160784_1-org.jpg

A 6-year-old girl was rescued from a lagoon near Nai Harn Beach. Photo: Phuket Naiharn Surf Lifesaving Club

PHUKET:-- Nai Harn lifeguards are urging beachgoers to be careful in the water after a 6-year-old Thai girl was rescued from drowning in a lagoon near Nai Harn Beach and a Russian man was resuscitated after he became separated from friends while swimming at Yanui Beach yesterday afternoon (Jan 31).

Lifeguards were first alerted to the girl’s condition at about 00:50pm when a boy came running up to lifeguards calling for help, Nai Harn chief lifeguard Chula Nontree told The Phuket News.

“When we arrived, the girl had already been brought out of the water. She was choking on water and looked tired, so we administered her immediate first aid and provided oxygen to help her breathe. Then we called an ambulance to take her to Chalong Hospital,” he said.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-lifeguards-urge-beach-caution-after-russian-man-thai-girl-rescued-from-drowning-78856.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-02-01

6 hours ago, nausea said:

It doesnt say, but I guess the infamous Phuket rip--tides have struck again.

Not at all, I was at Nai Harn beach on Sunday, the sea was like a swimming pool, I doubt there was any current...

If anyone get into difficulty in such condition God help them in choppy season, they should stay well away...!

My guess is too many Chang and/or not able to swim well and go in deep water...

Interestingly the beach was packed that day, a bit like old days, haven't seen so many people in a year...????

The little pond there also has no water due to little rain, but then the little water that's left is deep, so kids must be supervised, unlike when it's overflowing and has some shallow sections...

Lifeguards do <deleted> all all day, just for show , and that's on all beaches here, I saw one today , must be 120kg at 1.5 meter, can't save himself let alone anyone else, drunk layabouts that in surf season I always get into argument with....! 

2 hours ago, Agusts said:

Not at all, I was at Nai Harn beach on Sunday, the sea was like a swimming pool, I doubt there was any current...

If anyone get into difficulty in such condition God help them in choppy season, they should stay well away...!

My guess is too many Chang and/or not able to swim well and go in deep water...

Interestingly the beach was packed that day, a bit like old days, haven't seen so many people in a year...????

The little pond there also has no water due to little rain, but then the little water that's left is deep, so kids must be supervised, unlike when it's overflowing and has some shallow sections...

Lifeguards do <deleted> all all day, just for show , and that's on all beaches here, I saw one today , must be 120kg at 1.5 meter, can't save himself let alone anyone else, drunk layabouts that in surf season I always get into argument with....! 

The girl was at the lagoon, where with tidal changes the conditions are imo dangerous, every time of the year. The sea is much safer imo, where it is possible to assess the conditions.

6 hours ago, Agusts said:

That's why rip-currents are so dangerous, you often can't see them from the shore, the surface may look serene, you only feel them when you're in the water. Got caught in one once myself, forget which beach, but is was Phuket, pretty scary experience. Don't know exactly what happened here, obviously, but rip-tides or currents are fairly common around the tourist beaches, and every year they take their toll, that's why I call them infamous. They're not really a problem for experienced swimmers who know how to deal with them, but for inexperienced swimmers, or even paddlers in deeper water, they can be deadly.

6 hours ago, stevenl said:

The girl was at the lagoon, where with tidal changes the conditions are imo dangerous, every time of the year. The sea is much safer imo, where it is possible to assess the conditions.

The lagoon has been blocked off for at least a month, so not sure how tidal changes can affect a closed off lagoon.