How Long Should I Wait For Response?

I submitted my Visa/COE application about 2 am on Thursday morning using the link on the Thai Consulate, Chicago, web site.  After I hit "Submit", I got a message saying my application was successfully submitted.  Somewhere I had read that I would receive an email directing me to send my passport and payment to the proper supporting Consulate or the Embassy in D.C.  So far I have not received that email.

I have attempted to call the Consulate in Chicago as they are the supporting consulate for my state, but I can't get through to anyone.  The mailbox for the number I am directed to is full.

Should I go ahead and mail my passport and payment to the Consulate in Chicago or should I wait until I get an email telling me where to send it?  I have made all the arrangements to fly on Feb 18 so I already under the required 15 working days. I did submit everything on-line with over 15 working days left.

Also, do all the supporting documents I uploaded to the web site need to be mailed with my passport, payment, and prepaid return envelope?

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.

30 minutes ago, don43451 said:

I submitted my Visa/COE application about 2 am on Thursday morning using the link on the Thai Consulate, Chicago, web site.  After I hit "Submit", I got a message saying my application was successfully submitted.  Somewhere I had read that I would receive an email directing me to send my passport and payment to the proper supporting Consulate or the Embassy in D.C.  So far I have not received that email.

I have attempted to call the Consulate in Chicago as they are the supporting consulate for my state, but I can't get through to anyone.  The mailbox for the number I am directed to is full.

Should I go ahead and mail my passport and payment to the Consulate in Chicago or should I wait until I get an email telling me where to send it?  I have made all the arrangements to fly on Feb 18 so I already under the required 15 working days. I did submit everything on-line with over 15 working days left.

Also, do all the supporting documents I uploaded to the web site need to be mailed with my passport, payment, and prepaid return envelope?

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.

Mail it. Don't wait, or at least don't wait for more than a few days since they start working with the information provided electronically, so the actual papers aren't going to make a difference in approval time if sent a few days after versus the same day.  The DC Website says (or used to) that the officer would notify to send it in, but that is not the case.

6 minutes ago, Carmine6 said:

Mail it. Don't wait, or at least don't wait for more than a few days since they start working with the information provided electronically, so the actual papers aren't going to make a difference in approval time if sent a few days after versus the same day.  The DC Website says (or used to) that the officer would notify to send it in, but that is not the case.

Thanks Carmine6!

I'm headed to the Post Office ASAP!

5 minutes ago, don43451 said:

Thanks Carmine6!

I'm headed to the Post Office ASAP!

I was one of the few early people who waited due to the DC website instructions, so by the time I sent mine in, they had already approved the visa and they mailed the passport back the day after they got it.  Was 10 calendar days total, but very few business days since my period included Thanksgiving, which was 2 holiday days for the Thai Consulate, Los Angeles, then the weekend.  Not sure how long it is taking now or how Chicago is.  Good luck.

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Which application did you do. This one is only for visa applications. https://thaiembdc.org/onlinevisaapplication/

This the site is  for a COE applications. https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

Actually, I used this one:  https://www.thaiconsulatechicago.org/onlinevisaapplication/

Thanks for pointing out that I will also need to apply for a COE separately. 

onlinevisaapplication[1]

22 minutes ago, don43451 said:

That is about the same form. The other consulates have links to the one on the embassy website now.

Note this message on that form.

image.png.a43a2bab3d7b8da639867f0aac5057cd.png

I could not open the file you posted a download for. It is not a standard file format.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is about the same form. The other consulates have links to the one on the embassy website now.

Note this message on that form.

image.png.a43a2bab3d7b8da639867f0aac5057cd.png

I could not open the file you posted a download for. It is not a standard file format.

Well, HeDoubleToothpicks.

I don't know why my link doesn't work for you....works for me. 

But I guess it doesn't matter now.  I mailed my application to the Chicago Consulate this afternoon.  It's supposed to be there by 10 am tomorrow.  I don't know if the site I submitted everything on is working.  If it is, then they already have my electronic application.  If it isn't, they will have my hard copy application tomorrow.

Thanks for you input.

Archived