Mandatory health insurance for older couple tourists (4 months)

lyskamm

Hi everyone,

for the past 20 years me and my husband have spent about 4 months per year in Thailand (without any insurance).

We both have Italian nationalities (now 61 and 72 yo) and live in Italy. We are now looking for an insurance company which fulfills what Thailand is asking for to cover the mandatory health insurance. We need 4 months coverage including covid ... just a basic insurance. We are just tourists. I have been looking around but often age is a problem or the long duration of our holiday. We are planning to travel with the STV visa end of 2021. Any ideas ? We are desperate and don't know whom to contact. Thanks a million !

When I travel for any length to Thailand or elsewhere I purchase travel insurance. Travel insurance is distinct from health insurance. With it one is covered for emergencies such as sudden illness or an accident. Good policies can provide coverage for missed/cancelled flights and lodging, lost luggage and emergency repatriation to one's home country. Furthermore, they are generally purchased just for the duration of your stay. 

I've recently seen policies that will cover Covid, but I have no idea whether those policies will be acceptable by Thai immigration.

Do a search for "travel insurance" and buy a policy before you next travel abroad. 

Edited by ChristianBlessing
Clarity

Thanks so much for your reply. I have already searched for travel insurance. There are many which include covid but the problem is that most travel insurances don't cover long holiday periods and OLD people neither. So I am looking for a travel insurance which covers a 4 month single trip for over 71 years. I have googled for hours.