Chonburi open again! Tourists hail beautiful and clean Bangsaen beach

webfact

Chonburi open again! Tourists hail beautiful and clean Bangsaen beach

6pm.jpg
Picture: Manager

Manager published an upbeat story with many pictures after Chonburi opened its doors again following the lifting of Covid-19 restrictions yesterday.

Down at Bangsaen Beach they reported that it was lively with tourists in their opening comments - then gave a more sober reflection on the reality.

In truth their snapshots showed that it still looked pretty quiet but hey, the area could do with some feel good factor after being in the red zone lockdown this year.

6pm2.jpg
Traders selling somtam (the Thai food of papaya salad), BBQ chicken and seafood at the very Thai style resort, were only doing a moderate trade, as were vendors humping their wares on the beach.

But at least it was an improvement over the last month - traders reported they had got virtually no income and it had been a desperate time. 

6pm1.jpg
At least now there was some hope on the horizon. 

As far as the tourists went - they were impressed with the cleanliness and natural beauty of the surroundings.

Funny what an absence of people can do!

Source: Manager

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

As far as it being kept clean let the countdown begin......

Better take those shots and make bill boards and advertisement for all the Chinese tourist that are supposed to be coming? Whatever it won't look like that when the tourist actually be allowed to come back.  I do give them credit this time maybe they took my advice they finally open their wallets and got some garbage cans!

• Like 1

Rubbish and Bangsaen go together like a horse and carriage and a post I can comment on as I have arrived before there is more than 1 page of comments which now invokes a nuisance pop up advert on Thaivisa every time you try and read the next page. As if there aren't enough adverts already !! Perhaps 2 new names should be thought of Bangsaen belch (despite the short lived cleanliness I won't be returning again) and Thaiskipvisa whereby readers can now be forgiven by the members for not reading all the previous posts before commenting ????

14 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Better take those shots and make bill boards and advertisement for all the Chinese tourist that are supposed to be coming? Whatever it won't look like that when the tourist actually be allowed to come back.  I do give them credit this time maybe they took my advice they finally open their wallets and got some garbage cans!

You can only find garbage cans outside 7-11s.  Thai authorities have decided they are a receptacle for terrorist bombs.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mikebell said:

You can only find garbage cans outside 7-11s.  Thai authorities have decided they are a receptacle for terrorist bombs.

That isn't what I saw two weeks ago!  when I drove through on the way to see the monkey's on the hill.  There were brand new garbage cans stationed every 10-15 feet apart.

On 2/3/2021 at 8:25 AM, thailand49 said:

That isn't what I saw two weeks ago!  when I drove through on the way to see the monkey's on the hill.  There were brand new garbage cans stationed every 10-15 feet apart.

Please tell me where this is, I like to take photos of unusual things in Thailand.  I've got one of an invisible Pattaya cop; one of a taxi with a working meter (tho' he was from Bangkok).  Looking for one of a farang who owns his own house 100%.

Please tell me where this is, I like to take photos of unusual things in Thailand.  I've got one of an invisible Pattaya cop; one of a taxi with a working meter (tho' he was from Bangkok).  Looking for one of a farang who owns his own house 100%.

and out of the city a street with all underground cables