Relief on the way for residents as parts of Hua Hin face water shortages

webfact

Relief on the way for residents as parts of Hua Hin face water shortages

7pm.jpg

Picture: Ban Muang

Help is on the way for residents of the Huay Yang area in Prachuap Khiri Khan who have suffered from water shortages for decades.

Deputy provincial governor Chatree Janweerachai went with the Thap Sakae district chief, Huay Yang mayor and other local officials yesterday to examine work at a reservoir that will be completed in April. 

download.jpg

It has a capacity for 100,000 cubic meters of water meaning that locals who have had to buy water during certain periods of the year will get relief. 

Some 65% of the work is done with all of the infrastructure that will deliver the water to homes complete. 

7pm1.jpg

The delegation also visited an area that could be used for a much bigger reservoir that is higher up. 

It would be supplied by water from a waterfall and could be built with locals donating land for its construction. 

Source: Ban Muang

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-02

18 minutes ago, Ombra said:

The water shortage is in Huay Yang, which is about 100 kms south of Hua Hin. I00,000 cubic meters doesn't seem very big. I hope that they keep it topped up.

Its just south of me water is a night mare here from April to rains (maybe  june july)we only have for part of each day

18 minutes ago, poohy said:

Its just south of me water is a night mare here from April to rains (maybe  june july)we only have for part of each day

I am sorry to hear that as I always that Prachuab got more rain than places to the south like Huay Yang and Thap Sakae. I was in Prachuab last Wednesday for a few hours and in the parking lot of Makro they were shovelling the water away, but it was quite dry 10 kms to the south. I should check the weather data.