Went to Jomtien Immigration for O Visa Extension - Another Small Forest Clear cut

First the good news, with so few tourists etc. I literally only had to wait about 5 minutes before seeing the immigration officer.  He was extremely quick and I was in and out of immigration in less than 30 minutes.  The "bad" might now be the correct term is the amount of paperwork.  Every page from bank book, social security, U.S. bank statement, map, Bangkok Bank statement had to be signed in my complete name.  The amount of paperwork submitted is amazing.  If those are filed hard copy it must take up half of North Thailand for storage.  It they are scanned, they must have a small army of people to scan all those documents.  Now what could they possibly see in keeping all that information?  Is it possible someone in the government is in the paper recycling business ????
image.png.6073826139337751a142ad18ca2f33aa.png

2 hours ago, Thomas J said:

First the good news, with so few tourists etc. I literally only had to wait about 5 minutes before seeing the immigration officer.  He was extremely quick and I was in and out of immigration in less than 30 minutes.  The "bad" might now be the correct term is the amount of paperwork.  Every page from bank book, social security, U.S. bank statement, map, Bangkok Bank statement had to be signed in my complete name.  The amount of paperwork submitted is amazing.  If those are filed hard copy it must take up half of North Thailand for storage.  It they are scanned, they must have a small army of people to scan all those documents.  Now what could they possibly see in keeping all that information?  Is it possible someone in the government is in the paper recycling business ????

Wait until you do a marriage extension.

42 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

don't let them wear you down, it's only once a year

in saying that I'm on retirement (money in the bank) due end April and I'm already in apprehensive mode

Why apprehensive. Your using the most simple method for extension. 

Extension based on retirement using money in bank method.

Absolute walk in the park. 

Some folk including myself just lock away 800k in dedicated account either savings or FD. I never understand all the fuss.

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why apprehensive. Your using the most simple method for extension. 

Extension based on retirement using money in bank method.

Absolute walk in the park. 

Some folk including myself just lock away 800k in dedicated account either savings or FD. I never understand all the fuss.

It's the continual minor issues, nothing in themselves but they add up, like

1. You've used a computer to enter the data on the downloaded TM7 form, not acceptable the data must be handwritten, rewrite the forms.

2. You've used black ink to complete the TM7 form, they need to be completed using blue ink, rewrite the forms.

3. You've used the downloadable TM7, we've our own versions with the Immigration stamps already printed on them, rewrite the forms.

4. Can I have a TM7 form please, show me your passport, it's not time for you to do one yet, come back nearer time.

5. You've used a Google maps download for your house location, it's not acceptable you'll have to provide another one.

6. You've computer drawn the map for the house location, it needs to be hand drawn.

7. Your map needs to be on our standard form not on blank sheet of paper.

8. Why have drawn the main road as single line, it is a dual carriage way should be 2 lines.

9. Your map needs to show where the U-Turns are.

10. Here are some new forms to sign, they're written in Thai what are they, doesn't matter just sign them.

All of these have occurred over the last 3/4 years I think not paid much attention to when just complied, and I'm apprehensive as to what to expect next and like all of the above it will not be unsurmountable, it's just deflating.

As stated 2 days ago, Immigration could do with having an in depth look at how the Transport

Dept handle their customers for licencing  of which there are millions more than Immigration.

Efficient, quick (sure, still need the correct forms & completed certificaes) but they are good at what they do, using technology/software that Immigration have never seen before & suspect do not want to see. On attemting to leave a gratuity of 100 Bht after completion they made me feel like a bank robber for offering

7 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

It's the continual minor issues, nothing in themselves but they add up, like

1. You've used a computer to enter the data on the downloaded TM7 form, not acceptable the data must be handwritten, rewrite the forms.

2. You've used black ink to complete the TM7 form, they need to be completed using blue ink, rewrite the forms.

3. You've used the downloadable TM7, we've our own versions with the Immigration stamps already printed on them, rewrite the forms.

4. Can I have a TM7 form please, show me your passport, it's not time for you to do one yet, come back nearer time.

5. You've used a Google maps download for your house location, it's not acceptable you'll have to provide another one.

6. You've computer drawn the map for the house location, it needs to be hand drawn.

7. Your map needs to be on our standard form not on blank sheet of paper.

8. Why have drawn the main road as single line, it is a dual carriage way should be 2 lines.

9. Your map needs to show where the U-Turns are.

10. Here are some new forms to sign, they're written in Thai what are they, doesn't matter just sign them.

All of these have occurred over the last 3/4 years I think not paid much attention to when just complied, and I'm apprehensive as to what to expect next and like all of the above it will not be unsurmountable, it's just deflating.

Where was this? 

I renewed last week at Jomtien using downloaded PC completed form. 

Not asked for a map (and never have been).

No extra forms. 

I forgot to photocopy last entry stamp - IO did it for me on the spot.  Same last year when I forgot photocopy of ID page of bank book.

In and out inside 30 minutes

PH

24 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Where was this? 

I renewed last week at Jomtien using downloaded PC completed form. 

Not asked for a map (and never have been).

No extra forms. 

I forgot to photocopy last entry stamp - IO did it for me on the spot.  Same last year when I forgot photocopy of ID page of bank book.

In and out inside 30 minutes

PH

In my experience it depends completely on what kind of official person/creature you encounter. I've been knocked back on the basis of silly points like those mentioned; conversely, I've had immigration staff happily photocopy my passport for me, for free, and offer snacks and drinks while the students fill out my forms for me, even gluing on my photo. At the snarky branches, the opposite ethic applies.

20 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Wait until you do a marriage extension.

I kid you not tried to do mine today I was told by the obnoxious IO I now need three copies of everything. That is a total of 122 pages of A4. Talk about environmentaly friendly . What a complete and utter joke

35 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

I'm beginning to believe it's maybe the only way to go now, but am going to try one more time though

I used one for the very first time last year.  I will never go back to doing it myself, there are  too many uncertainties and too many unpredictable IOs. 

I did mine for about 7 years, all straight up, money in bank, I had the list of requirements and followed them to the letter, me and the Mrs would go through the requirements with a fine toothcombe, make sure the ink colour was correct, every page signed, etc etc etc.

Then one year a snotty civvy (female) just made what should have been a simple straightforward process an absolute nightmare, because of her me and the Mrs were driving all over town, back to the bank for a new letter, the original was less than 48 hours old, put a minimum of X amount baht in your account today, I had well in excess of the 800,000 baht, so had to get the Mrs to deposit for me, the list goes on & on, and then she had the audacity to mm & ahh, we were sat in Jomtien for over an hour waiting to get my approval & passport back.

And before you holier than thou brigade decide to have a pop, I was wearing a smart polo shirt, trousers and shoes, freshly showered, shaved and smiling.

I have learnt my lesson, now I use an agent.

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

X amount baht in your account today, I had well in excess of the 800,000 baht, so had to get the Mrs to deposit for me, 

Again mountain out of mole hill. Some imm offices insist upon activity (bank account) on day of application. Not an update but a deposit/withdrawal. I deal with CW and most io there are strict on seeing this.

Know what your io requires and have it in order.

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Again mountain out of mole hill. Some imm offices insist upon activity (bank account) on day of application. Not an update but a deposit/withdrawal. I deal with CW and most io there are strict on seeing this.

It was my day to day account, go figure.

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why do you make excuses for these robbers ? Beggars belief.

9 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Why do you make excuses for these robbers ? Beggars belief.

"Robbers" ?

Your country does not have any rules or regs to allow someone have ongoing stay.

You do have alternative. Move to another country or perhaps your own.

14 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

It was my day to day account, go figure.

Did you read my post.

Regardless if it's a day to day account or a dedicated account. 

Some imm offices require you to show activity in your account on day of application.

Pretty simple requirement. 

Just now, DrJack54 said:

"Robbers" ?

Your country does not have any rules or regs to allow someone have ongoing stay.

You do have alternative. Move to another country or perhaps your own.

A typical ' when I've run out something to say answer's ' GO HOME, I spoke with my Thai Daughter in law not long ago in the good old UK, I did ask her that in the 15 plus years that she has been living & working in the UK if she ever had to pay an official to process her paperwork, spookily she said NO.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Did you read my post.

Regardless if it's a day to day account or a dedicated account. 

Some imm offices require you to show activity in your account on day of application.

Pretty simple requirement. 

Money was going in and out every day, and still is, but I don't need to waste my breath on someone who won't take another's experience as true because you are just so blessed to have a marvelous experience, it's not often that I would say this but I so sincerely hope you get the 5hit I did then maybe, just maybe you will understand. 

Don't use agents, unless there is no other way.

Being lazy or not putting up with a bit of hassle for a day,  is not acceptable

You are giving immigration officers money via the back door.

Don't do it.

Your making the problem worse, for us all.

4 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Money was going in and out every day, and still is, but I don't need to waste my breath on someone who won't take another's experience as true because you are just so blessed to have a marvelous experience, it's not often that I would say this but I so sincerely hope you get the 5hit I did then maybe, just maybe you will understand. 

It's odd that you were exasperated by a list of extra requirements yet only mention having to update 

your bank book, going down the agent route to negate popping into the bank on your way to the 

IO seems like a very expensive over reaction to a trivial, once a year matter.

13 hours ago, natway09 said:

As stated 2 days ago, Immigration could do with having an in depth look at how the Transport

Dept handle their customers for licencing  of which there are millions more than Immigration.

Efficient, quick (sure, still need the correct forms & completed certificaes) but they are good at what they do, using technology/software that Immigration have never seen before & suspect do not want to see. On attemting to leave a gratuity of 100 Bht after completion they made me feel like a bank robber for offering

Immigration are trying to push people to agents where it's stress free and they become suddenly pragmatic, it's as simple as that

On 2/2/2021 at 10:29 PM, DrJack54 said:

"ALL the pages of my bank book" etc.

Most likely couple of pages.

Well to be honest one does have to show a full 12 months, and in my case that spanned a couple of books actually. I shall be more honest and say I decided to set up a fixed deposit account,  which I leave alone and can go back the 12 months with a half page. 

13 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

have learnt my lesson, now I use an agent.

Brilliant! Spend, what, B13,000 to avoid getting your bank letter the day before your visit to Immigration AND the horror of depositing B100 into the account, updating the book, and then making a 5 baht copy at Immigration! 

Gotta love TVF Economics. ???? Meanwhile, I'm in and out in 30 min and come back the next day to fetch my stamped passport for another year.    

18 hours ago, Knocker33 said:

I kid you not tried to do mine today I was told by the obnoxious IO I now need three copies of everything

By contrast I brought two copies of everything.  Never asked for a second copy.  He did however ask for my Thai girlfriends ID and house book.  Maybe I am wrong but I never saw those as required documentation for a Non-0 Visa extension.  

Archived