Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

The Peaks owner defends action, promises to ‘take care’ of buyers


Recommended Posts

The Peaks owner defends action, promises to ‘take care’ of buyers

By The Phuket News

 

1612328731_1-org.jpg

Manassanan Nararattanawee, CEO of developer Kata Beach Co Ltd, at the press conference yesterday (Feb 2). Photo: PR Phuket

 

PHUKET: The owner of The Peaks Residence condo project has promised to “take care” of people who have already paid deposits for units, following the Supreme Administrative Court last month ordering the project to be demolished within 30 days for illegally occupying state land.

 

Manassanan Nararattanawee, CEO of developer Kata Beach Co Ltd, went public yesterday (Feb 2) to explain that some buyers had agreed to have their monies transferred to take units at another project at Surin Beach.

 

He also said that he would appeal the decision by the Supreme Administrative Court, which last month upheld previous rulings by lower Administrative Courts in confirming that the land document presented for the project was illegally issued.

 

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/the-peaks-owner-defends-action-promises-to-take-care-of-buyers-78879.php

 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-02-03
 
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, webfact said:

went public yesterday (Feb 2) to explain that some buyers had agreed to have their monies transferred to take units at another project at Surin Beach.

i await the enviable headlines.  

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

State land, Forest Land, Coastal Land, obviously he did not pay enough money to ensure he had a legal land title before he ploughed the ground and built.  Around the Cape near Nai Harn beach are 3 large estates being built on what was always thought to be forest land owned by the State, but then magically it turned out to be privately owned.  Then you have the poor Sea Gypsies whose land has been claimed by another large developer.....Amazing Thailand.  Money corrupts and greed outshines corruption.  

The developer said: – Our company accepted the decision of the Supreme Administrative Court to revoke the land document, a NorSor 3 Kor [land-use document], and no longer have the right of this land since the order was issued.

 

“There are a few main issues; that company will be taking care of the customers, agents and the people of Phuket, as well as all other relevant people involved in this project, the order to revoke the land document and for the construction to be demolished, and the land owner will appeal to the Administrative Court to consider this case again,” he said.

 

This statement almost seems as if they believe they have got a case if they appeal, but according to everything I've read, it appears that the land was acquired "illegally" i.e. that the land documents were not genuine, and this has happened on couple of other occasions here, but no one from the land office seems to get investigated for this??

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, xylophone said:

There was also talk about him being involved with people in high places, so any prosecution was unlikely to occur.

 

At one time, I believe the developer's story was that one of his "partners" had the funds, but said partner had died and the developer had no idea where those funds were.  Now lets see, what influential person person died at about that time...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DrDave said:

At one time, I believe the developer's story was that one of his "partners" had the funds, but said partner had died and the developer had no idea where those funds were.  Now lets see, what influential person person died at about that time...

Or didn't die?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, xylophone said:

The developer said: – Our company accepted the decision of the Supreme Administrative Court to revoke the land document, a NorSor 3 Kor [land-use document], and no longer have the right of this land since the order was issued.

 

“There are a few main issues; that company will be taking care of the customers, agents and the people of Phuket, as well as all other relevant people involved in this project, the order to revoke the land document and for the construction to be demolished, and the land owner will appeal to the Administrative Court to consider this case again,” he said.

 

This statement almost seems as if they believe they have got a case if they appeal, but according to everything I've read, it appears that the land was acquired "illegally" i.e. that the land documents were not genuine, and this has happened on couple of other occasions here, but no one from the land office seems to get investigated for this??

Meanwhile elsewhere in LoS

A13C0889-0BF6-43C9-854D-AFC19826B747.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Daily occurrence and an endemic corruption issue when one decides to buy off-plan for something yet built, parting with cash for a dream instead of something actually tangible you can touch, see and actually live in from the moment cash trades bank accounts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to have money to burn...... be totally naive....or slightly mental to buy in Thailand .....and to buy as yet unbuilt property........wow!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...