Taxi from Mochit to Pattaya.

NoshowJones

If I got a taxi from Mochit bus terminal to Pattaya, approximately how much would it cost? Should I insist on the meter or negociate a fare with the driver?

If I negociate what should I aim at?

Edited by possum1931

There's a bus at the back of mo chit  maybe 20 to 30 baht to mo chit BTS then maybe 80 baht to BTS ekkamai, underneath BTS ekkamai station is a bus service to Pattaya Nua bus station probably 150 baht or less. Taxi drivers are always well ....Last time from there was 1200 baht when 800 from Pattaya, other way. Buses ekkamai to Pattaya regular as currently should be the case mo chit to pattaya, bay 59 from memory. Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Mini van?? From where?

There is no need for that confused emotican, you sent me a link which was helpful.

So what is so confusing about asking where to get a minibus from?

It is Pattaya I am going to from Bangkok. I am just trying to avoid a long skytrain journey to Ekamai, then maybe the bus is full, there are only three buses a day from there.

On 2/4/2021 at 10:35 AM, Haveasay said:

There's a bus at the back of mo chit  maybe 20 to 30 baht to mo chit BTS then maybe 80 baht to BTS ekkamai, underneath BTS ekkamai station is a bus service to Pattaya Nua bus station probably 150 baht or less. Taxi drivers are always well ....Last time from there was 1200 baht when 800 from Pattaya, other way. Buses ekkamai to Pattaya regular as currently should be the case mo chit to pattaya, bay 59 from memory. Good luck

Why go to Ekkamai, there is frequent service from Mo Chit to Pattaya

• Like 2

Mate in this covid climate you offer any taxi driver 1500 baht to take you from Bangkok (anywhere) to Pattaya he will take you to the doorstep if where you want to go. 

Set aside for 1500 and if you feel you save a couple of hundred in any negotiations it's a bonus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Mate in this covid climate you offer any taxi driver 1500 baht to take you from Bangkok (anywhere) to Pattaya he will take you to the doorstep if where you want to go. 

Set aside for 1500 and if you feel you save a couple of hundred in any negotiations it's a bonus.

Minibus from Morchit to Pattaya klang is about 200 Baht I think, and if you're lucky some free Covid-19 thrown in

5 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Agree. I would not spend a second thought about using public transport within Bangkok and stuffing into a minivan at this time.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, moontang said:

If you get off at Kamphaeng Pet MRT, and are on the northbound road to MorChit#2, all those public busses will take you to the front entrance to MorChit.  

I know how to get to Mochit and most other places in Bangkok. Please read the OP again.

23 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Why go to Ekkamai, there is frequent service from Mo Chit to Pattaya

At the time of posting there is no bus service from Mochit to Pattaya, I am waiting for someone to tell me if the mini buses are still running from Mochit bus terminal to Pattaya.

14 hours ago, jonclark said:

Thanks, that's a help.

As has been posted above, the return times are on the same page... 

image.thumb.png.32f53c31016bd41bb24ee8580e80184b.png

The Bus from Ekkami is 119 THB one way, I always use the 1st Kiosk on the righthand side as you're looking into the bus station, bus departs from Bay 1. 

Bolt is showing 1,101 THB from Mohchit BTS to Pattaya for an "Economy" car... or 1,378 for a "Normal" car

1 Tip I've read is that it's possible to negotiate a cheap price (< 800 THB) with a Taxi that's returning to Bangkok after dropping somebody off in Pattaya & there's an area (IIRC it's around Soi13/1 but can't find where I saw the post now) where they hang around looking for fares...  

I think I paid 1,200 to get back to On Nut from the taxi kiosk near The Sportsman last time  

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2021 at 12:47 PM, Mike Teavee said:

As has been posted above, the return times are on the same page... 

image.thumb.png.32f53c31016bd41bb24ee8580e80184b.png

The Bus from Ekkami is 119 THB one way, I always use the 1st Kiosk on the righthand side as you're looking into the bus station, bus departs from Bay 1. 

Bolt is showing 1,101 THB from Mohchit BTS to Pattaya for an "Economy" car... or 1,378 for a "Normal" car

1 Tip I've read is that it's possible to negotiate a cheap price (< 800 THB) with a Taxi that's returning to Bangkok after dropping somebody off in Pattaya & there's an area (IIRC it's around Soi13/1 but can't find where I saw the post now) where they hang around looking for fares...  

I think I paid 1,200 to get back to On Nut from the taxi kiosk near The Sportsman last time  

It's always been the case in my 18 years here that you can pick up a returning cab from Patts for half price because he doesn't want an empty cab for 100km. Eddy.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2021 at 10:24 AM, possum1931 said:

I know how to get to Mochit and most other places in Bangkok. Please read the OP again.

Just throwing it out there for those reading the thread, most knowing how to spell "negociate." 

35 minutes ago, pauleddy said:

It's always been the case in my 18 years here that you can pick up a returning cab from Patts for half price because he doesn't want an empty cab for 100km. Eddy.

Where do you pick the returning taxis up?

I do remember reading about a place where they would wait for a returning customer but can't remember if it was around the end of Soi13/1 or if that's just where I got my last taxi back from. 

3 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Where do you pick the returning taxis up?

I do remember reading about a place where they would wait for a returning customer but can't remember if it was around the end of Soi13/1 or if that's just where I got my last taxi back from. 

One place is in the Foodmart parking lot, where the airport busses depart.  I would tell them 500, and start walking.. especially during the week.  I think you might have better luck there than any of the cabstand type places.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2021 at 12:05 AM, jonclark said:

But check/agree who pays any tolls along the way.

Are the tolls extra, not included in the base fare, or included in the base fare?

Edited by scorecard

11 hours ago, moontang said:

One place is in the Foodmart parking lot, where the airport buses depart.

????Airport bus to Suvarnabhumi-Airport link train-BTS Morchit-taxi to bus terminal.

or reverse?

Depends I guess which end of Pattaya and timing at Morchit? 

Edited by VocalNeal