requirements for extension of stv visa thailand

It should not be any different than the normal 30 day extension of a tourist visa.

You will need a completed TM7 application form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa, arrival  stamp and TM6 departure card.

The fee will be 1900 baht.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It should not be any different than the normal 30 day extension of a tourist visa.

You will need a completed TM7 application form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa, arrival  stamp and TM6 departure card.

The fee will be 1900 baht.

Thanks a lot for quick answer . Then i know what to do ???? 

Best Regards 

Helge 

I was in Nonthaburi to extend my STV visa. Here's what the officer asked

1. Copy of passport

2. Copy of TM6

3. Copy of STV visa page on your passport

4. TM7, use the last updated one or get it from Immigration Office. With a photo affixed.

5. STM 2. Declaration that you're aware about overstay and the penalties.
6. ASQ certificate letter stating that you've completed 14 days quarantine.

7. Some kind of proof that you indeed stayed at the ASQ, i produced my ASQ hotel receipt ( room charges )
8. Health Insurance showing coverage amount, line by line items in details of IP, OP, Covid coverage amount.
9. Rental. To state clearly rental period when to when, at where, 4 signatures either passport or Thai ID at the end of agreement ( the usual standard contract ). If the rental's address is in Bangkok, you can only extend visa in Bangkok. Rental period should cover at least 3 months more.

And sign at every page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, daqx07 said:

1. Copy of passport

2. Copy of TM6

4. TM7, use the last updated one or get it from Immigration Office. With a photo affixed.

7. Some kind of proof that you indeed stayed at the ASQ, i produced my ASQ hotel receipt ( room charges )
8. Health Insurance showing coverage amount, line by line items in details of IP, OP, Covid coverage amount.
9. Rental. To state clearly rental period when to when, at where, 4 signatures either passport or Thai ID at the end of agreement ( the usual standard contract ). If the rental's address is in Bangkok, you can only extend visa in Bangkok. Rental period should cover at least 3 months more.

And sign at every page.

Hi there and thanks for this .  This is what i tought i needed .  luckily i have all those papers .  Thanks again for help 

Best Regards

Helge 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, daqx07 said:

1. Copy of passport

2. Copy of TM6

And sign at every page.

Thanks, this is very helpful for all who wish to extend STV.

Re: 7), its strange they need this, when you already had certificate of completed stay at ASQ hotel... 

Re:8) this is important, if all offices will ask for extended CV19 insurance, then most of the STV visitors will need to buy a new one (since most of them bought 3 months only)

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, daqx07 said:

1. Copy of passport

2. Copy of TM6

And sign at every page.

Thanks for this 'first hand' report of STV-extension requirements straight from the IO where you applied.

But some comments on the above.

1-2-3-4 > is straightforward

5 > no need to get hold of that beforehand, as IO will provide you with one just to be signd

6-7 > sounds redundant that they want both the ASQ certificate letter and on top of that some proof that you actually stayed there

8 > I have strong doubts whether it is an actual official requirement to get once again a covid-19 100.000 US $ coverage insurance - I suspect that Nonthaburi IO made that up, as the covid-19 insurance is ONLY needed for the period of your initial permission to stay

9 > STV is a Tourist Visa, when you apply for it you need to show a booking of the place where you will be staying for the full period.  As it is a Tourist Visa, those entering on an STV do this on a hotel-booking site where they can cancel for free (which tourist wants to be confined for 3 months at same place).  But when applying for the STV-extension you need a 'rental contract' paid in advance for at least 3 months?

I suspect that Nonthaburi IO simply imposed the STV-application requirements, also for the STV-extension.  Surely the covid-19 insurance should not be required, and also the rental agreement requirement is ridiculous.

But Nonthaburi IO have a reputation of being the roguest of rogue IOs and making up requirements on-the-fly.

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Thanks for this 'first hand' report of STV-extension requirements straight from the IO where you applied.

5 > no need to get hold of that beforehand, as IO will provide you with one just to be signd

6-7 > sounds redundant that they want both the ASQ certificate letter and on top of that some proof that you actually stayed there

8 > I have strong doubts whether it is an actual official requirement to get once again a covid-19 100.000 US $ coverage insurance - I suspect that Nonthaburi IO made that up, as the covid-19 insurance is ONLY needed for the period of your initial permission to stay

9 > STV is a Tourist Visa, when you apply for it you need to show a booking of the place where you will be staying for the full period.  As it is a Tourist Visa, those entering on an STV do this on a hotel-booking site where they can cancel for free (which tourist wants to be confined for 3 months at same place).  But when applying for the STV-extension you need a 'rental contract' paid in advance for at least 3 months?

I suspect that Nonthaburi IO simply imposed the STV-application requirements, also for the STV-extension.  Surely the covid-19 insurance should not be required, and also the rental agreement requirement is ridiculous.

But Nonthaburi IO have a reputation of being the roguest of rogue IOs and making up requirements on-the-fly.

With regards to 9, the IO didn't ask me for proof of payment.

And for 8, another friend of mine on STV too, he was asked to show the receipt of insurance payment. That didn't happen to me. 

Well, good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2021 at 6:16 AM, heineken1972 said:

Hi there 

I am in Thailand on a STV visa . Been here almost 3 months and needs to get an 3 months extension on the visa 

Does anyone know what requirements / papers i need to take to immigration in Pattaya ? 

Thanks for help 

Best Regards

Helge from Norway 

Hi Helge,

Could you report back on what Jomtien requires for your STV-extension.

In Nonthaburi it seems that you needed valid health-insurance, also for the extension.

So would be good to hear experience from other office.

• Like 1

I would assume re insurance what they are asking for is not the COVID insurance needed by all visa types to get a COE but rather the 40/400k general insurance required for O-A, O-X and STV visas.

Would be good if soneone could confirm and also indicate if foteign polucy was accepted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I would assume re insurance what they are asking for is not the COVID insurance needed by all visa types to get a COE but rather the 40/400k general insurance required for O-A, O-X and STV visas.

Would be good if soneone could confirm and also indicate if foteign polucy was accepted.

Correct. Its required in the STV visa...400,000/40,000

1 hour ago, travelerjim said:

Correct. Its required in the STV visa...400,000/40,000

What I doi nto know is if someone can use a foreign policy to meet that requirement for the entire STV period (i.e. 9 months) or would be required to take out a local policy to extend in country. Anyone?

19 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

What I doi nto know is if someone can use a foreign policy to meet that requirement for the entire STV period (i.e. 9 months) or would be required to take out a local policy to extend in country. Anyone?

When applying for the Non Imm O-A Visa in your home-country, applicants had the option to make use of foreign insurance to meet the IO-approved health-insurance requirement, when their foreign insurance did meet the requirements and the insurer was willing/able to fill in the Foreign Insurance Certificate.

That option was never available when applying for the STV, as only Thai IO-approved insurance was allowed when applying for it in your home-country.  In view of the above, it is obvious that foreign insurance cannot be used when applying for an extension based on your STV.

Note: Also, it would normally NOT be necessary either, as those Thai IO-approved insurance policies are in majority ANNUAL policies (so the full 9 months are covered).  There are some Thai insurers that offer this 400K/40K mandatory insurance for only 6 months.  And when an applicant opted for such 6 month policy, they might be forced to extend that policy when wanting to apply for their 2nd and last STV extension (that is, if their local IO insists on them having that insurance when applying for the STV extension).

3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

When applying for the Non Imm O-A Visa in your home-country, applicants had the option to make use of foreign insurance to meet the IO-approved health-insurance requirement, when their foreign insurance did meet the requirements and the insurer was willing/able to fill in the Foreign Insurance Certificate.

That option was never available when applying for the STV, as only Thai IO-approved insurance was allowed when applying for it in your home-country. 

Not what it seems to say on many Embassy websites

"2.8 Additional health insurance requirement for STV visa

• The applicant must be medically insured for the entire period of stay in Thailand with the following coverage:
    – Outpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 40,000 THB, and
    – Inpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than  400,000 THB

The applicants must submit the following:

• Foreign Insurance Certificate as stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and Health Insurance of Thailand, which must be completed, signed, and stamped by the insurance company. The form can be downloaded here: Foreign Insurance Certificate Form

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/12/10/stv/

22 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Not what it seems to say on many Embassy websites

I did not check all Thai Embassy sites, but the Danish one states on #3 of the 8 document-requirements that only policies from a Thai insurance company are allowed.

image.png.a1f96ea46b286c8b13c22a12d8424c4f.png

And if you click > https://longstay.tgia.org/

you can select to apply for the Non Imm O-A Visa or the STV.  Both pages feature the participating Thai insurance companies.  The only difference being that the Non Imm O-A Visa provides a link to download the Foreign Insurance Certificate, while the STV does NOT have that option.

Edited by Peter Denis

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

If you’re looking to extend your STV visa, I guess it’s a matter of an argument with the Immigration Officer. Without Thai wordings in your foreign insurance policy, it’s less convincing.

10 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

I did not check all Thai Embassy sites, but the Danish one states on #3 of the 8 document-requirements that only policies from a Thai insurance company are allowed.

image.png.a1f96ea46b286c8b13c22a12d8424c4f.png

And if you click > https://longstay.tgia.org/

you can select to apply for the Non Imm O-A Visa or the STV.  Both pages feature the participating Thai insurance companies.  The only difference being that the Non Imm O-A Visa provides a link to download the Foreign Insurance Certificate, while the STV does NOT have that option.

@Sheryl

I delved somewhat deeper in the issue, and it seems that the US Thai Embassy is actually the exception.  Because in the 4 Scandinavian countries (Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland) as well as in Austria, the mandatory 400K/40K health-insurance for the STV application is limited to Thai insurers only.

In France and Germany, the STV information page on the Thai Embassy website ONLY provides a link to https://longstay.tgia.org/

And as mentioned higher that site when selecting STV does not provide the option of downloading the Foreign Insurance Certificate to be filled-in/signed by your foreign insurer, but ONLY mentions Thai insurers participating in the scheme.

On 2/7/2021 at 7:50 PM, Peter Denis said:

Hi Helge,

Could you report back on what Jomtien requires for your STV-extension.

In Nonthaburi it seems that you needed valid health-insurance, also for the extension.

So would be good to hear experience from other office.

Hello Peter .  I am going tomorrow . So i will get back to all of you what Jomtien/ Pattaya immigration wanted of pepars ???? 

Helge 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm posting a question here regarding the documents that are needed for STV extension. 

I was at Thai Immigration (Temporary VISA Extension Center) today and one Immigration Officer looked at my STV and brought 2 other officers to discuss about the documents that were needed for extension. (I'm not sure but there was somewhat confusion amongst the officers about the requirements) 

In the end, they asked me for the following. I had everything except #4 and #5. Was anyone else required to bring the below as well?

1. Copy of passport, STV visa, TM6, TM7, STM2

2. ASQ certificate letter stating that you've completed 14 days quarantine

3. ASQ payment receipt
4. Health Insurance "Endorsement" form (Not the Insurance Certificate) 
5. TM30 

If anyone submitted TM30 for STV extension, what are the steps to acquire TM30?  

Thank you for all of your help!  

17 minutes ago, shinwon said:

1. Copy of passport, STV visa, TM6, TM7, STM2

2. ASQ certificate letter stating that you've completed 14 days quarantine

3. ASQ payment receipt
4. Health Insurance "Endorsement" form (Not the Insurance Certificate) 
5. TM30 

If anyone submitted TM30 for STV extension, what are the steps to acquire TM30? 

Point #4 is totally moot for me.  I have read reports of IOs requiring those applying for a 90-day extension of their STV, to provide evidence that they subscribed to the mandatory 400K/40K in/out-patient health-insurance.  That should be no problem at all, as those policies are in majority of cases annual policies.

Re point #5 I did sent you a Guideline document on TM-30.  It is basically a document through which you inform IO of your place of residence in their province.

On 2/4/2021 at 3:16 PM, daqx07 said:

1. Copy of passport

2. Copy of TM6

And sign at every page.

You serious? So this thread has all types of ideas about whats needed and this one seems the most extreme.

I understand requirements 1-6, but you're saying that they want another 90 days covid insurance again?? Also, what's no 9 about. I live in my own house and already needed to hassle with the hotel booking to get the STV. So now I would need to get another fake rental booking for the next 3 months.

Can someone confirm all of this? I had no idea extending an STV would be such a hassle. Why is extending the normal TR as simple as usual then and STV would be any different? I thought it's just as Ubonjoe said (simple as usual)-

On 2/4/2021 at 4:31 PM, Peter Denis said:

I agree with you on this. As I said above it would be ridiculous to ask for another 90 day covid insurance and a rental agreement once again. Those were requirements to get the visa but not to extend. I'm not sure what the OP got himself into at Nothaburi but a new covid insurance is around 10000b and a fake 3 month rental agreement quite a hassle too (considering that most of us on STV live in our own accommodations). 

Just to add to this my friend went to Muang Thong Thai to get his extension for normal 6 day TR and he said no extra papers were asked for – just the normal: passport copy, 1900b and application form. Why should STV be any different? 

Edited by ChomDo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChomDo said:

I live in my own house and already needed to hassle with the hotel booking to get the STV. So now I would need to get another fake rental booking for the next 3 months.

You do not need a fake hotel reservation if you own home. Proof you own it or are allowed to live in it would be accepted.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not need a fake hotel reservation if you own home. Proof you own it or are allowed to live in it would be accepted.

Of course I don't own if officially as a foreigner so that won't help. Now the question is more about what they really ask for when extending an STV? Seems to be so contradicting info out there so far. I've heard everything from no extra requirements to a 9 point list of papers (that was in Nonthaburi).

If I can't get any solid info, I'm planning to go there with the basic paper work needed for TR visa extension, but not any extra covid insurances or bogus rental agreements etc. I might take my ASQ certificate with me in case.

8 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Of course I don't own if officially as a foreigner so that won't help.

In an earlier post you wrote that you live in your own house, but you probably meant a house owned by your wife/girlfriend.

Since you - a foreigner - are living in the house she owns, according to Thai law she is required to notify IO of every foreigner staying at her premisses within 24 hours of the foreigners arrival.  The easiest way to do this is to register the house on the IO TM-30 website.  You can do this on her behalf, and then it will allow you to send a TM-30 to your local IO (once again on her behalf).

That TM-30 is required, in order to be able to do your 90-day report (which will coincide with the expiry of your STV permission to stay).  That TM-30 would be proof of 'your official address for immigration purposes' and there would be no need for rental agreements or otherwise.

>> I did PM you a Guideline document on how to register the property where you are staying on the IO TM-30 website (will take between 5 minutes and 5 working days to get it approved), which subsequently allows you to notify your local IO of any foreigners staying at the premisses.

Note: With the Immigration extranet currently 'down' you might not yet be able to access that IO TM-30 website.

14 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Of course I don't own if officially as a foreigner so that won't help.

People that own a property through a company that was setup have used it to apply for an extension. A letter from the the director stating you are allowed to live in it is often enough proof of your residence.

• Like 1

Ok now we're going so off topic here. Actually, what I just wanted to confirm are the two points that were made earlier in this discussion: requirement for covid insurance and rental agreement? I'm nstill not sure what happened to OP in normally they don't ask for any rental agreement and a new 3 month covid insurance for STV extension right? 

I'm still not understanding why they would ask for all this paperwork for STV extensions but nothing for regular TR extensions?

This is very important because OP is claiming they wanted to see a new 90 day covid insurance. My first one cost approximately 10,000b for the first 90 days when entering the country so it would be quite a shocker to have to pay that every time we extend our STV. Seems like the rental agreement was also special for the OP since I haven't heard anyone else talk about that being asked. 

Like I said, a friend got his extension for original TR visa a few days ago at Muang Thong Thani and was asked for absolutely nothing extra. Just as every normal year: passport copy, one picture, application form and 1900b. So there's unbelievable inconsistency here about this topic. 

51 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

I'm still not understanding why they would ask for all this paperwork for STV extensions but nothing for regular TR extensions?

The answer is in the "S" nothing special about it apart from issues. Some folk with PE and subsequently expired while in Thailand have had road blocks.

IMO, STV is a very poor option. More simple is TV or visa exempt entry.

Edited by DrJack54

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The answer is in the "S" nothing special about it apart from issues. Some folk with PE and subsequently expired while in Thailand have had road blocks.

IMO, STV is a very poor option. More simple is TV or visa exempt entry.

Again not answering the main questions above but thanks for your view anyway. Still waiting for someone to confirm the above so we don't go buying 10,000b covid insurances for nothing and going trough the trouble of making some bogus rental agreement. I'm going next week so need some more info:

So anyone else except poster daqx07 had to buy a new covid insurance and show rental agreement?? 

6 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Again not answering the main questions above but thanks for your view anyway. Still waiting for someone to confirm the above so we don't go buying 10,000b covid insurances for nothing and going trough the trouble of making some bogus rental agreement. I'm going next week so need some more info:

So anyone else except poster daqx07 had to buy a new covid insurance and show rental agreement?? 

I don't think that was COVID insurance. I think it was the 40k/400k insurance required for some visa types inc STV