requirements for extension of stv visa thailand

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

I don't think that was COVID insurance. I think it was the 40k/400k insurance required for some visa types inc STV

I don't think so either but his statement with the 9 point requirement list is what started this whole speculation. Look what he has stated in point 8. marked in bold. Of course for STV we all need to have the 1 year health insurance 40k/400k so that's not a problem. Also, the rental thing is still a mystery and would be great to know if anyone else has been asked for such?

8. Health Insurance showing coverage amount, line by line items in details of IP, OP, Covid coverage amount.
9. Rental. To state clearly rental period when to when, at where, 4 signatures either passport or Thai ID at the end of agreement ( the usual standard contract ). If the rental's address is in Bangkok, you can only extend visa in Bangkok. Rental period should cover at least 3 months more.

12 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

9. Rental. To state clearly rental period when to when, at where, 4 signatures either passport or Thai ID at the end of agreement ( the usual standard contract ). If the rental's address is in Bangkok, you can only extend visa in Bangkok. Rental period should cover at least 3 months more.

#9 won't be required, provided a TM-30 has been filed as confirmation of your 'official address for Immigration purposes' as you mentioned earlier that you are staying in your own or wife/girlfriends

house.

With your 90-day permission to stay on the brink of expiry, you need to apply for your first STV extension, and obviously it would be smart to do your 90-day report in one go (unless you prefer coming back to the Imm Office to do that separately).  Prior to that 90-day report a TM-30 needs to be filed (see also the PM Guideline I did sent you on that issue), which would take care of the 'rental agreement' issue (not necessary with proof of staying in own/girlfriends house).

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

#9 won't be required, provided a TM-30 has been filed as confirmation of your 'official address for Immigration purposes' as you mentioned earlier that you are staying in your own or wife/girlfriends

house.

With your 90-day permission to stay on the brink of expiry, you need to apply for your first STV extension, and obviously it would be smart to do your 90-day report in one go (unless you prefer coming back to the Imm Office to do that separately).  Prior to that 90-day report a TM-30 needs to be filed (see also the PM Guideline I did sent you on that issue), which would take care of the 'rental agreement' issue (not necessary with proof of staying in own/girlfriends house).

Now I'm really confused, first of all I haven't done a TM30. Never done one and never heard that anyone was asked for it. Tho I did try to do one online after I got out of ASQ in December (with the help of your advice) but the system didn't work so I let it be. How could I possibly do it 3 months late. Also, I'm on a TR visa so there's no actual 90 day reporting. Let's put it this way that I'm still as clueless about what I would need with me next week at the immigration as I was when I opened this thread.

What I will take with me, just in case is:

- The basic copies (STV visa, passport, arrival form etc.)

- Filled extension form, the usual for TR extension

- 1 photo

- ASQ completion certificate

- 1 year health insurance with the 40/400k coverage

I suppose that's about all I can provide but from reports I have read, the last two have generally not been asked.

At the same time I also need to get the "certificate of residence" for my Thai driving licence renewal. Not sure if that's also going to be a hassle with the STV visa. 

46 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Now I'm really confused, first of all I haven't done a TM30. Never done one and never heard that anyone was asked for it. Tho I did try to do one online after I got out of ASQ in December (with the help of your advice) but the system didn't work so I let it be. How could I possibly do it 3 months late. Also, I'm on a TR visa so there's no actual 90 day reporting. Let's put it this way that I'm still as clueless about what I would need with me next week at the immigration as I was when I opened this thread.

What I will take with me, just in case is:

- The basic copies (STV visa, passport, arrival form etc.)

- Filled extension form, the usual for TR extension

- 1 photo

- ASQ completion certificate

- 1 year health insurance with the 40/400k coverage

I suppose that's about all I can provide but from reports I have read, the last two have generally not been asked.

At the same time I also need to get the "certificate of residence" for my Thai driving licence renewal. Not sure if that's also going to be a hassle with the STV visa.

Sorry, if I confused you.

Hopefully your local IO will do both your TM-30 and 90-day report when you are applying for the extension of your STV.  By then you would have been almost 90 days in Thailand, so a 90-day report would be required.

You are on the STV and NOT on a Tourist Visa.  A tourist visa only provides 60 days and possible 30 days extension, so no need for 90-day reports on such a Tourist Visa, but the STV is a different animal...

45 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

By then you would have been almost 90 days in Thailand, so a 90-day report would be required.

For the first 90 day extension a 90 day report would not be needed since it will be his first extension since entering the country.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

For the first 90 day extension a 90 day report would not be needed since it will be his first extension since entering the country.

Thanks for the info. Are you able to confirm the latest requirements for STV extension? There seems to be so much confusion about it now. I've read reports of no extra documents needed what so ever and then "daqs07's" report in the beginning of this thread mentioned and extra 100k covering covid insurance being required in Nonthaburi? Still not sure did he actually buy it but if yes that's an extra 10k for your 90 day extension. 

Anyone with an STV really able to confirm this from other offices. If they really want a new covid insurance extension, I would consider changing my visa type now rather than paying that much for each extension. 

22 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

, I would consider changing my visa type now rather than paying that much for each extension.

Cannot change "visa type". 

If your suggesting applying for covid extensions then better advice would be forget about STV. Just enter visa exempt.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Cannot change "visa type". 

If your suggesting applying for covid extensions then better advice would be forget about STV. Just enter visa exempt.

Well this all depends on the question I've been posting above countless times. No confirmation from anyone yet. I guess I can only find out next week when I go there myself since there seems to be no answer to the insurance question. For sure not going to buy another 10,000b covid insurance extension just for a 90 day extension.. 

15 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Well this all depends on the question I've been posting above countless times. No confirmation from anyone yet. I guess I can only find out next week when I go there myself since there seems to be no answer to the insurance question. For sure not going to buy another 10,000b covid insurance extension just for a 90 day extension.. 

Well let us know how it turns out. A report back would be valuable info for some.

If you had entered visa exempt you would have avoided all this rubbish. 

Could be obtaining ongoing 60 day covid extensions. Could have used ve entry to use agent for non o (volunteering) with 12 month extension. Don't think that's possible from STV or PE.

53 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

To begin with, I guess no one can really “confirm” that. The only person that can confirm with you is the officer vetting your documents in Nonthaburi. Once the officer is happy, whichever means you can try, some argue ( yes I saw some just argue their way through ), some tame ones like me just ยอมรับ ( accepts ) with the brightest ครับผม smile, pay and leave that building with your visa extension in hand and on your merry ways without looking back.

Please come back here and share us your latest findings, I’m sure what I’d said previously isn’t accurate anymore. Well, we’re in LOS.

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Hi @ubonjoe

Somewhat off-topic in this STV-related thread, but are you saying that there is no need to do your 90-day report when applying first time for an extension when that coincides with 90 days of stay (e.g. in this case the STV, or when applying for the 1-year extension from a Non Imm O Visa issued abroad)?

Or is it that your local IO in such cases will do it automatically for you (together with the TM-30 if you did not do that earlier)?

Afaik, the 90-day reporting Guideline does not mention any exceptions re the need for reporting where you are staying when +90 days in the country. 

Attached the very first page of that Guide:

Apply for notifcation of residence when over 90-days in Kingdom.JPG

Edited by Peter Denis

46 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Somewhat off-topic in this STV-related thread, but are you saying that there is no need to do your 90-day report when applying first time for an extension when that coincides with 90 days of stay (e.g. in this case the STV, or when applying for the 1-year extension from a Non Imm O Visa issued abroad)?

It has nothing to do with online reporting.

This from the immigration website. It has been the same for many years.

"5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days."

Source: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

This from the immigration website. It has been the same for many years.

"5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days."

Source: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

Thanks, had forgotten about that one.

One more related question > Would Immigration require a TM-30 when doing the first application for extension of stay? 

I always understood that without a TM-30 on file at your local IO you would not be able to do subsequent 90-day reporting.

46 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

One more related question > Would Immigration require a TM-30 when doing the first application for extension of stay? 

If a TM30 report had never been done to the office where a person is applying it would need to be done.

47 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I always understood that without a TM-30 on file at your local IO you would not be able to do subsequent 90-day reporting.

I have never had a TM30 done for my address. The only ones ever submitted were done by hotels and etc.

TM30 reporting and 90 day reporting are tied to each other.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 9:26 PM, daqx07 said:

To begin with, I guess no one can really “confirm” that. The only person that can confirm with you is the officer vetting your documents in Nonthaburi. Once the officer is happy, whichever means you can try, some argue ( yes I saw some just argue their way through ), some tame ones like me just ยอมรับ ( accepts ) with the brightest ครับผม smile, pay and leave that building with your visa extension in hand and on your merry ways without looking back.

Please come back here and share us your latest findings, I’m sure what I’d said previously isn’t accurate anymore. Well, we’re in LOS.

Thanks for your reply. So I understood they were a bit extreme in Nonthaburi. Actually I'm going to Muang Thong Thani (that's where Bangkok residents have to go right?). 

What I would still like to make 100% clear is the part of the covid insurance that's creating confusion over and over in this discussion.

So can you confirm that you had to show 2 insurances: the 40k/400k health insurance for the next 3 months and the 100k covering covid insurance? If yes, you mean you did actually pay around 10,000b to extend your covid insurance. 

Anyway, I'm going this week to check if I can get it done without the mentioned documents, so then I still have time before my visa expires if there really is a need to buy a new covid insurance. Can someone confirm if it's necessary to make a booking for STV extension appointment? I would prefer to just go there without an appointment time because it's impossible to estimate the driving time to get there. At least a friend who extended TR said he had no booking and there was no queue at Muang Thong Thani (that is where STV's are extended also right?)

So I went to BKK immigration on Tuesday and quite interestingly the requirements were totally different to reports here. They seem to have no system in place since different immis ask for different documents.

- No covid insurance extensions needed. They did look trough both insurances but seemed to be interested only in the 40k/400k health insurance which I had valid.

- They ask for an official receipt of ASQ stay. The government certificate and an official booking and payment confirmation + a pay slip from my credit card was not enough. To me this was most amusing!

- TM30 was a must but no requirements for any further rentals or bookings asked. Seemed to be fine to stay at your friends house or wherever as long as you have all the house papers and TM30 to show.

I guess this makes things even more confusing for STV extensions. Let's just say that there seems to be absolutely no real rules about what's required. I just heard a report from Hua Hin and I guys was basically asked for everything I wasn't asked for and not asked for what I mentioned above.

15 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

So I went to BKK immigration on Tuesday and quite interestingly the requirements were totally different to reports here. They seem to have no system in place since different immis ask for different documents.

- No covid insurance extensions needed. They did look trough both insurances but seemed to be interested only in the 40k/400k health insurance which I had valid.

- They ask for an official receipt of ASQ stay. The government certificate and an official booking and payment confirmation + a pay slip from my credit card was not enough. To me this was most amusing!

- TM30 was a must but no requirements for any further rentals or bookings asked. Seemed to be fine to stay at your friends house or wherever as long as you have all the house papers and TM30 to show.

I guess this makes things even more confusing for STV extensions. Let's just say that there seems to be absolutely no real rules about what's required. I just heard a report from Hua Hin and I guys was basically asked for everything I wasn't asked for and not asked for what I mentioned above.

Thanks for the report,

Except for the ASQ-stay receipt, which is of course total BS (do they think you dodged ASQ stay, that a confirmation is needed?), what they asked you is only normal and expected.

Basically > Passport, filled-in extension of stay form and TM-30.

That they also ask for still valid 400K/40K insurance policy is also slightly redundant as the approved policies for that insurance are minimum 6 months and most are annual policies.

Extension of your covid-19 insurance should never be an issue as that is ONLY required for the period of the permission to stay you received on entry. 

But in the absence of regulations for STV-extensions, it seems that every IO makes up its own rules and if you happen to have a dumbo Imm Officer handling your extension application God help you...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand why they need 40/400k (expat) insurance from a tourist applying for 3 months extension?

I hope it's just a misunderstanding... My gf is on STV and will do extension next month in Phuket, we'll see then.

• 7 months later...