The "Game Changer" (that must come)...........

swissie

1 hour ago, swissie said:

I predict that in the near future there will be internationally accepted "Vaccination-Certificates" issued, making "guided/controlled tourism" possible again.

I'm reasonably certain that this will never happen

There might be certificates issued by hospitals but I really don't see governments getting involved here, especially western governments.

If some countries don't like it then that's hard luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Curb your enthusiasm. Much more likely things aren't back until 2024.

I really wonder where your getting this date/year from? This this is the year I have been thinking about based on the length historical pandemics..

48 minutes ago, Suphawk said:

I was just thinking the same thing. Anyone else ready for a yearly covid vaccine shot?

I never feared the flu, Covid concerns me more.... let us hope a longer lasting vaccine comes about, but I might expect travel restrictions without a Covid jab, so  little choice.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Yes, it will be a game changer, but for all the wrong sorts of people.

Psst, anybody want to buy one of these, only 5,000 Baht and they allow you to travel anywhere without quarantine...

immunbe.jpg.249e8a73947c960c321c2d429f8d31a6.jpg

See what I mean?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Personally - even though I will be vaccinated by end of April - I cannot see me getting back to the family until at least October / November.

I'd expect at that time to have to show evidence of vaccination only. though what that will be I have no clue.

I doubt all hoops travel will be released until mid 2022

by the time 6 months passes you may need a booster of some kind to be allowed to enter this country (the byproduct of rampant unchecked disease altering itself for survival)..

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

OP, even after being vaccinated, you can still be infected with the virus, and still spread the virus.  

Whilst you may have been vaccinated, and can prove this by way of some type of certificate, you will not be traveling to a country where no one has been vaccinated, or a low percentage of the population has been vaccinated. 

There would need to be at least 50% to 60% of Thai's vaccinated, before international travellers are allowed to enter Thailand.  That said, tourists areas like Phuket may vaccinate the island's Thai population and than enforce a no Thai's in or out policy until the majority of the Thai population has been vaccinated.  They may do this in order to start to revive some tourism, in some areas.

Given Thailand has around 70 million people, how many years, yes, years, not months, before an amount of the Thai population has been vaccinated before it's even considered to allow vaccinated tourists back into Thailand?

Yourself being vaccinated is just the first step.  The people of the country you wish to travel to also have to be vaccinated, and let's hope both happens before the virus mutates into a strain that the current vaccination will not be effective against. 

Currently, our woldwide vaccinations crawl along at a snails pace. If we can't increase the global vaccination rate dramatically, my vaccination concept CAN NOT WORK! I realise that.

Is there any hope? Maybe. More and more Vaccines will become available in the near future.
AND: The "Governments of the world" will just have to realise that the vaccination rate WILL HAVE TO BE INCREASED. One way or the other.
Otherwise the virus (and it's mutants) will be with us forever.

2 minutes ago, swissie said:

If we can't increase the global vaccination rate dramatically, my vaccination concept CAN NOT WORK!

Correct.  It can not work.

2 minutes ago, swissie said:

Is there any hope?

Swap hope for patience.

5 minutes ago, swissie said:

More and more Vaccines will become available in the near future.

Yes, they will, but that "near future" is not as near as you think, and it's not just the manufacturing, it's the distribution and administering.  

6 minutes ago, swissie said:

This is why the race is on, not just for the world's economy, but to halt the virus before it mutates into a strain the vaccination will not be effective against, then the whole world is back to square one with Covid-20.  

19 minutes ago, swissie said:

We're all expecting "And they all lived happily ever".

That has been conditioned into all of us, that was the eternal promise of the "Modern".

Maybe we don't......maybe the microbes win.

I can only hope that my thoughts are no more than mid-war fatigue and depression.

Edited by Enoon

17 hours ago, ukrules said:

There might be certificates issued by hospitals but I really don't see governments getting involved here, especially western governments.

UK government to facilitate says minister

Screen Shot 2564-02-05 at 13.08.38.jpg

Edited by Surelynot

18 hours ago, swissie said:

The only Alternative would be: Wait 15 years until everybody in Africa and South America is vaccinated, before worldwide travel/tourism can legally resume?

Well if you don't then the white westerners will be discriminating against people of color like they usually do.  Back to white privilege based on vaccinations.  Like normal.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ukrules said:

People seem to forget that there's dozens of very different influenza viruses that have been emerging for centirues but there's only one significant COVID at the moment and it may stay that way for decades to come.

It's best just to close down international travel except for well-heeled corporate executives heads of state and VIPs.  If you let just anybody travel then this pandemic will still be here 20 years from now.

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

UK government to facilitate says minister

Screen Shot 2564-02-05 at 13.08.38.jpg

What is such a document worth, when wishing to travel to a country where they haven't even started to vaccinate their population yet?   

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1