The "Game Changer" (that must come)...........

swissie

24 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

I can only post from how the UK vaccination programme is being done.

But if a vaccine passport was introduced today, to allow travel, to enjoy Cinemas, Pubs, etc. then I can not see how it would not be age discriminatory, unless suddenly private hospital were going to be allowed to start vaccinating people also.

It would be based on vaccination status, not age, and would be a global mix of people. For example, even now, Israel inoculates over 16s. Insurance requirements may also  produce age discrimination, blocking the elderly.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It would be based on vaccination status, not age, and would be a global mix of people. For example, even now, Israel inoculates over 16s. Insurance requirements may also  produce age discrimination, blocking the elderly.

Indonesia, Israel .... as I said, I can only discuss what the UK is doing.

And so far, they have no plans to vaccinate anyone under 35.

In fact, if booster jabs are required later on in the year as Boris suggested yesterday, then anyone under 50 getting a vaccination must be slim.

Passports? ... LOL

4 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Indonesia, Israel .... as I said, I can only discuss what the UK is doing

Why so? The question was really about people being admitted into Thailand which is certainly not only about UK people. 

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The question was really about people being admitted into Thailand which is certainly not only about UK people. 

And the UK is one of the biggest Tourist Markets for Thailand.

Well, much bigger than Indonesia and Israel anyway.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, newnative said:

If you look at all the new development going on in Pattaya, and still going on with covid, most of it is far from the bar areas.   It's new golf courses, new water parks, new theaters, new attractions like Legend Siam, new shopping experiences like Terminal 21 and the upcoming Runway 88.  New, large, high rise hotels in north Pattaya and Wong Amat with extensive meeting and entertainment facilities.  It's all being driven primarily by the large and growing Asian market.  

Seriously? 

Your two examples have been open for quite some time now,  and Runway 88 is marketing itself to Expats.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Mind you, I was out last night, and Pattaya is dead!!!????

I did say 'pre-covid'.  Instead of dead, let's just say Pattaya is resting.  And, if you get away from the tourist areas, Pattaya is still very much alive.  My partner and I were out and about at the Lake Mabprachan area yesterday.  Beautiful area with a very nice bike and walking path that has been built around the reservoir.  Lots of road improvement work going on.  We had lunch at a great restaurant--there are a number of restaurants by the popular bike path.  Mid-week, covid still going on, and the place was packed--every table taken. Nice mix of Thais and farangs.  It's been awhile since I've seen people having to wait for a free table.  

• Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 3:34 PM, TaaSaparot said:

I can only post from how the UK vaccination programme is being done.

But if a vaccine passport was introduced today, to allow travel, to enjoy Cinemas, Pubs, etc. then I can not see how it would not be age discriminatory, unless suddenly private hospital were going to be allowed to start vaccinating people also.

I see your point, but It would only be age discriminatory for the short term.

It's a moot point though, because even an elderly Brit who has been vaccinated early in the program, due to their age, can still not travel here until a certain percentage of Thai's have been vaccinated, and by the time that happens, most of the UK will have been vaccinated anyway.  

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

I see your point, but It would only be age discriminatory for the short term.

It's a moot point though, because even an elderly Brit who has been vaccinated early in the program, due to their age, can still not travel here until a certain percentage of Thai's have been vaccinated, and by the time that happens, most of the UK will have been vaccinated anyway.  

Which begs the question, why so many people are so concerned about Vaccine Passports?

8 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Which begs the question, why so many people are so concerned about Vaccine Passports?

Fair question. 

I would think because some countries would be slower than Thailand to vaccinate the majority of their population, so Thailand will insist on vaccination proof from tourists of those countries.

This will also be the case for many western countries with their tourism industry.    

52 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Fair question. 

I would think because some countries would be slower than Thailand to vaccinate the majority of their population, so Thailand will insist on vaccination proof from tourists of those countries.

This will also be the case for many western countries with their tourism industry.    

Where I think it would be discriminatory for the UK to go down the Vaccine Passport, the UK Government say they do not want to go down that route because it would be seen as making Vaccines mandatory, which they don't want to do.

Edited by TaaSaparot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, (again) the "Vaccination-Certificate" Idea is gaining strenght. It hinges on the question: Can vaccinated people still spread the virus. We don't know yet.

The main problem is: Worldwide, the vaccination pace is just too slow. What good is it to vaccinate the folks in "rich" countries, while the Virus has plenty of time to mutate in Africa. To the pont, where current vaccines offer no protection anymore.

Unless the pace of vaccinations can be increased globally, the "Vaccination-Certificate-Idea" is condemned to death before it had a chance to fly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Where I think it would be discriminatory for the UK to go down the Vaccine Passport, the UK Government say they do not want to go down that route because it would be seen as making Vaccines mandatory, which they don't want to do.

It's not about what the UK want.  It's about what the countries receiving tourists want.  

If Thailand, and many other countries, insist on proof of vaccination, than the NHS, through government policy, will be obliged to provide such proof. 

This will allow people to travel internationally to such countries that require the document.

Of course, proof of vaccination will be worthless inside the UK.

Basically, as far as many countries in the world will be concerned, no vaccination, and proof thereof, no boarding the fight and no entry.  

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 1:46 AM, swissie said:

Should an internatinally accepted "Vaccinaton-Certificate" come into play, (THE GAME CHANGER) I expect to spend a hassle free holiday in Pattaya in early June. 

It would probably take 2 years for all governments to agree to a single standard certificate, the FAKE certificate market will blossom 10 fold.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I remember you could buy a negative COVID test and vaccination passport in Serbia, apparently issued in the EU, for a few Euros without taking a test and without getting vaccinated. How would you know which is real and which isn't?

Additional trouble - Brazil strain of COVID is mostly bypassing immune system response - meaning vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca at least) are worth squat with this strain quickly spreading globally. Worse news yet, a new Finnish strain just discovered not only completely bypasses immune system built on vaccines, but isn't even detected by several WHO approved RT-PCR tests.

So we're basically at square one.

The big question is, after receiving your 15th Pfizer/Moderna shot that makes your own body to produce protein that your own immune system attacks, what will be the percentage of auto-immune illnesses among those vaccinated?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

There will possibly be some who did not take up the vaccination offered them, quite a few sectors of society are spreading rumours in the UK, and I am of the opinion these narrow minded fools should not be permitted to put other countries and their own countries at risk. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

There will possibly be some who did not take up the vaccination offered them, quite a few sectors of society are spreading rumours in the UK

Yeah, according the Government & Media I suppose, who seem to be able to use "Social Media" to deflect any valid questions.

Spoke to a Guy in the UK last week, who was pretty ill after getting his jab, so much  that he is refusing the second one, and says getting coronavirus can't be as bad as what he went through.

Its a small minority that get affected like this, but that any discussion about it, soon gets shot down that you must be an Idiot and only believe what you read on "Social Media"

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Leaver said:

If Thailand, and many other countries, insist on proof of vaccination, than the NHS, through government policy, will be obliged to provide such proof. 

This will allow people to travel internationally to such countries that require the document.

No, it will allow a certain group of people to travel.

48 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Yeah, according the Government & Media I suppose, who seem to be able to use "Social Media" to deflect any valid questions.

Spoke to a Guy in the UK last week, who was pretty ill after getting his jab, so much  that he is refusing the second one, and says getting coronavirus can't be as bad as what he went through.

Its a small minority that get affected like this, but that any discussion about it, soon gets shot down that you must be an Idiot and only believe what you read on "Social Media"

I have not spoke to many, but a few I have, had no adverse ill effect, not even a sore arm. Is it possible those who react to the jab would also react badly to the virus for real? Your guy in the UK may be an idiot, Covid kills people.

Over 17 Million administered in the UK and counting, and I don't hear much complaint....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

No, it will allow a certain group of people to travel.

As I said, it's a moot point, because no Brit's are traveling to Thailand until the majority of Thai's have been vaccinated, and by then, the UK vaccination program will have been completed.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

What are you counting as "completed" ?

Most likely around 70% to 80% of the population.    

How long will it take Thailand to reach the same percentage?

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 2

On 2/5/2021 at 1:46 AM, swissie said:

Currently (at least in Europe), the general governement consensus is that already vaccinated people should not be privileged over unvaccinated folks. For now.

In other words: Before everybody, including his uncle is vaccinated, no international Tourism on a major scale will be allowed. Unrealistic, as a good number of "southern" countries economies are based on tourism as they have nothing much else to sell!

I predict that in the near future there will be internationally accepted "Vaccination-Certificates" issued, making "guided/controlled tourism" possible again. (Denmark has already issued such "Vaccination-Certificates") as a trailblazer.

An inevitable "game-changer" in the making with no alternative. The only Alternative would be: Wait 15 years until everybody in Africa and South America is vaccinated, before worldwide travel/tourism can legally resume? = Bovine droppings!

What would that mean for Pattaya?
1) Due to eternal "lockdowns", anyone in Europe has not experienced much Thai-Style "Sanuk & Sabai" lately. The "pent-up" demand for Sanuk & Sabai must be at an all time high as there has been no Sanuk & Sabai available for a long time. The European-Style of Sanuk & Sabai has never appealed to me much.

2) How much time would it take to re-open a bar in Pattaya? About 2 hours to re-stack with beer. Even in the remotested corner of Thailand, former Bar-Staff, currently hybernating in the sticks, could be back in Pattaya within 48 hours by bus.

No electricity for the first couple of days at the bar? No problem. The vaccinated European seekers of Sanuk & Sabai won't mind sipping their beer by candlelight.
===========================
Seriously: "Capitalism" in the Western World has become cumbersome to say the least. On a small scale, the Thai "Capitalism" is still rather "uncomplicated" in comparison. Making it possible to react to new economic circumstances practically overnight.

PS: Should an internatinally accepted "Vaccinaton-Certificate" come into play, (THE GAME CHANGER) I expect to spend a hassle free holiday in Pattaya in early June.        June 2021 not 2022, well understood.
Assuming that (inevitably) an International Vaccination Certificate will come into effect, some of us may be surprised how fast a place like Pattaya can arise from the ashes.
I myself would like to be there, when the Phoenix arises from the ashes. If necessary by candlelight, with my Internationally Accepted Vaccination Certificate dangeling around my neck.:smile:
Cheers.

misguided and fake "egalitarianism" increasingly paralyzes Western countries.

it's a lie, basically saying "nooooo.... don't worry, people who are richer than you can't do/buy more things than you", every political party tries on its own version of the lie to garner votes... absolutely disgusting.

yes, of course, vaccination certificates will become a thing once vaccines will have been proven effective and governments will take measures to allow such travelers. the "official position" is always for the normal people, because official is always "except necessary travel", except "diplomats, law enforcement, security personnel, special trade missions, government representatives, etc."

see Peru... appearances have to be kept up because of the braindead public on social media.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

What are you counting as "completed" ?

Pretty sure that what the UK government would consider their vaccine rollout to be completed when every adult in the UK has been offered a vaccine.

According to the announcement that has just been made, this will be by July 31.

All UK adults to be offered vaccine by July 31

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Pretty sure that what the UK government would consider their vaccine rollout to be completed when every adult in the UK has been offered a vaccine.

According to the announcement that has just been made, this will be by July 31.

All UK adults to be offered vaccine by July 31

Good news.

Looks a big ask though, if it remains two jabs three months apart.

Edited by TaaSaparot
  • Like 1