The "Game Changer" (that must come)...........

swissie

40 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Western countries.gain in tourism,thailands loss.

In my opinion, the race is on between Thailand and Vietnam for the first of the two to open up, safely.  

Should Vietnam be first, than that will be a huge loss to Thailand.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

In my opinion, the race is on between Thailand and Vietnam for the first of the two to open up, safely.  

Should Vietnam be first, than that will be a huge loss to Thailand.  

Wouldnt consider thailand unless vietnam was open.

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

Because it is a different "Flue" every year.

No guaranty , that there will nit be a Covit22  next year  that will require a buster vaccine . In fact it is almost certain. 

Heard this week from a UK Health Minister that he expects to see in the future a combined Flu/Covid vaccine to be given annually.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 8:55 PM, ukrules said:

I'm reasonably certain that this will never happen

There might be certificates issued by hospitals but I really don't see governments getting involved here, especially western governments.

If some countries don't like it then that's hard luck.

Probably anyone who has travelled the world will have had vaccinations and a record card for them. Are they now calling that form of documentaion a "passport"?

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

Comparing a Yellow Fever certificate with a proposed Coronavirus certificate is just stupid.

Why is it stupid? It is a verification of having the particular vaccine.

Edited by upu2

1 hour ago, upu2 said:

Probably anyone who has travelled the world will have had vaccinations and a record card for them. Are they now calling that form of documentaion a "passport"?

Yep, I have a "health passport" where every vaccine I have had since 1987 has been entered.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, upu2 said:

I have 'travelled the world' and I do not have a record card for vaccinations--and have never been asked for it at any country I have visited.  Probably years ago my parents had records for the vaccinations us kids had but I have no idea whatever became of them.  

4 hours ago, newnative said:

I have 'travelled the world' and I do not have a record card for vaccinations--and have never been asked for it at any country I have visited.  Probably years ago my parents had records for the vaccinations us kids had but I have no idea whatever became of them.  

9 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Yep, I have a "health passport" where every vaccine I have had since 1987 has been entered.

Mine is really just for my own use, as it shows the dates of when I need a booster.

I got a tetanus jab last year, and it came with a sticker that the nurse added to to my health passport instead of writing it in and signing it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

That would depend on how easy it was to add a few entries.

Without a central database easily accessed by all, it's just a bit of paper anyone could forge.

No it isnt as a copy of the vaccination is kept by the hospital that adminiters it.

46 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Has there ever been a time when the whole world needed a Yellow Fever vaccine?

If the whole world wanted to go to said African nations, then the whole world would need a Yellow Fever book.  Correct?

It's really nothing new.  You want to travel internationally, you need a passport. 

I would think one of the simplest things each country could do is have some type of vaccination sticker, similar to a visa sticker, that goes in your passport that proves you have been vaccinated.  

28 minutes ago, Leaver said:

If the whole world wanted to go to said African nations, then the whole world would need a Yellow Fever book.  Correct?

It's really nothing new.  You want to travel internationally, you need a passport. 

I would think one of the simplest things each country could do is have some type of vaccination sticker, similar to a visa sticker, that goes in your passport that proves you have been vaccinated.  

Comedy gold, 1st line.

9 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Vietnam's vaccine roll out.

https://vietnamnews.vn/society/886300/vns-health-ministry-details-covid-19-vaccine-rollout-plan-lists-priority-groups-to-receive-the-shots.html

The first to open up to tourism, safely, will get the season's tourists.  

AZ is not very effective against the African variant. Already out of date.

Just now, Leaver said:

What's Thailand got lined up?  ????

What's the point of vaccinating a 50 million people when it just needs to be done over again as soon as a pfizer or moderna type are available? Also moderna said people might need an annual shot. That's 200,000 people per day every day for years.

9 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

What's the point of vaccinating a 50 million people when it just needs to be done over again as soon as a pfizer or moderna type are available? Also moderna said people might need an annual shot. That's 200,000 people per day every day for years.

is that what Thailand is doing?  

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

Nothing simple about that, and hugely restrictive when Thailand will need as many Tourists as it can persuade to come.

44 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Nothing simple about that, and hugely restrictive when Thailand will need as many Tourists as it can persuade to come.

Why is that not simple?  

You present for your vaccination, and there is a record of that. 

If / when you want to travel abroad, you apply online for the sticker, with most likely a small fee to be paid, and it it posted out to you.  You stick it in your passport, and you are good to board an aircraft.   

• Like 1