Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

The "Game Changer" (that must come)...........


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Curb your enthusiasm. Much more likely things aren't back until 2024.  

Did the flu jab eradicate flu? 'nuff said.

Currently (at least in Europe), the general governement consensus is that already vaccinated people should not be privileged over unvaccinated folks. For now. In other words: Before everybody, in

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

 

Start this week, with a mix of the Chinese and Astra Zeneca vaccines.

 

Any link to their rate of vaccination?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Leaver said:

 

Any link to their rate of vaccination?  

 

So far they have received 200,000 doses of the Sinovac and 117,000 of the Astra Zeneca.

 

Was supposed to be a big show of Prayut receiving the vaccine tomorrow, but he has now had second thoughts.

Edited by TaaSaparot
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

 

So far they have received 200,000 doses of the Sinovac and 117,000 of the Astra Zeneca.

 

Was supposed to be a big show of Prayut receiving the vaccine tomorrow, but he has now had second thoughts.

 

Thanks.  

 

I hope we get to chose when the time comes.  I have no problem paying more for AZ.  

 

Edited by Leaver
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

 

Think they have ordered the Sinovac Vaccine for Farang.

 

I don't fancy that, and I doubt I am the only one.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thailand will start vaccinating tomorrow, using the Chinese Vaccine.

 

Astra Zeneca vaccine can not be used until the 2nd week in March, as there is no paperwork of where it has came from.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

 

Has there ever been a time when the whole world needed a Yellow Fever vaccine?

Not that I am aware of but the principle is the same

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2021 at 8:39 PM, RichardColeman said:

Personally - even though I will be vaccinated by end of April - I cannot see me getting back to the family until at least October / November.

 

I'd expect at that time to have to show evidence of vaccination only. though what that will be I have no clue.

 

I doubt all hoops travel will be released until mid 2022

 

 

I can sympathise with you. I have not seeen my family since January last year. Now though I am nearly completed on the paperwork and will be flying out middle of March

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leaver said:

 

I don't fancy that, and I doubt I am the only one.  

 

 

By the end of the year, you'll probably be able to get Pfizer at 10,000 baht a jab from a private hospital.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 11:25 PM, TaaSaparot said:

Thailand will start vaccinating tomorrow, using the Chinese Vaccine.

 

Astra Zeneca vaccine can not be used until the 2nd week in March, as there is no paperwork of where it has came from.

 

How many hundreds of thousands were vaccinated this week?  🙂  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

As predicted by myself with the help of my clairvoyant Romanian Gipsy-Lady: An internationally accepted "Vaccination-Certificate" is definitely coming. Sooner than I thought. Probably in English. Analog or digitalised.


Farangs are already singing the song: "Thailand, here we come".


- Of course, this certificate will beforehand have to be presented to your nearest Thai-Consulate for verification. For a modest fee it will have to be translated to Thai.
- But of course, ultimate approval can only happen at the Airport, Passport Control/Immigration. There, the document will be carefully scrutinised by a highly trained PP/Immi-Officer.
To improve chances of acceptance, I recommend singing the Thai-National-Anthem while the highly trained PP/Immi-Officer takes a look at the document.


In spite of all this. Soon it will be "Thailand here we come". The reduced supply of readily available accommodations may lead to fistfights among Farangs in front of Hotels.😉

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2021 at 7:01 PM, Leaver said:

 

Thanks.  I couldn't find a link with the completion date.

 

I think a lot in the tourism industry here believe that when western country populations have been vaccinated, then Thailand can open up the boarders, planes will be in the air, and tourists will be able to come back to Thailand.

 

This is not the case.

 

A majority of the Thai population will need to be vaccinated before tourism can start again.

 

Tourists hoping to come back to Thailand should now be looking at Thailand's procurement and distribution of the vaccine, and it's probably in the years, not months.

 

However, I have said, places like Phuket may be given the vaccine first, and the island quarantined from the mainland, so tourism can start up sooner rather than later. 

 

 

How would that work. They are going to ban all Thais for going to Phuket? And ban all Phuketians from going to the mainland? For months/years !!

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

876590497_Screenshot2021-03-26at09_45_59.thumb.png.5fbf3382057cab0bd536823e6521995d.png

 

Genuine! Thailand!...sorry that will be 50,000 baht, triple pricing bites again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Henryford said:

 

How would that work. They are going to ban all Thais for going to Phuket? And ban all Phuketians from going to the mainland? For months/years !!

 

The slow purchase and small amounts of the vaccine could be diverted to Phuket.  The Thai's on Phuket would be vaccinated to the 65%, but a little more would be preferable. 

 

These vaccinated Phuket Thai's would have some travel restrictions.  They can not travel freely to the mainland.  Also, mainland Thai's could not travel freely to Phuket. Basically, a provincial lockdown.

 

Tourists who have been vaccinated will be allowed entry to Phuket, no 2 week ASQ.   

 

Phuket having a population of around 450,000 people, at 65%, that's 292,500 people to be vaccinated, or around only 600,000 vaccinations needed to get tourism operating again in Phuket.

 

Of course, this will depend on some countries quarantining returning holiday makers, which may keep some tourists away, but in my opinion, it's the quickest way to get some tourism started in Thailand.

 

Access to Phuket for mainland Thai's would be possible after they have been vaccinated.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

 

The slow purchase and small amounts of the vaccine could be diverted to Phuket.  The Thai's on Phuket would be vaccinated to the 65%, but a little more would be preferable. 

 

These vaccinated Phuket Thai's would have some travel restrictions.  They can not travel freely to the mainland.  Also, mainland Thai's could not travel freely to Phuket. Basically, a provincial lockdown.

 

Tourists who have been vaccinated will be allowed entry to Phuket, no 2 week ASQ.   

 

Phuket having a population of around 450,000 people, at 65%, that's 292,500 people to be vaccinated, or around only 600,000 vaccinations needed to get tourism operating again in Phuket.

 

Of course, this will depend on some countries quarantining returning holiday makers, which may keep some tourists away, but in my opinion, it's the quickest way to get some tourism started in Thailand.

 

Access to Phuket for mainland Thai's would be possible after they have been vaccinated.  

What about the rogue tuk tuk guys?Surely your not including them!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...