Importing My Harley Davidson

selftaopath

or even a E3134, ?? cheers, Lickey

It's the factory reference number for a sports camshaft for a Triumph Bonneville.

You beat the other Triumph buffs to it PJ, well done!! I cant remember wether it was designed for the pre unit Thruxton Bonnie or the cam arrived before the Thruxton, spose a bit of googling would tell me unless you know?

Ive owned many Triumphs over the years, and i would say that my biggest moment was sitting on the most famous Triumph off all, Percy Tait was riding Slippery Sam at the post TT at mallory Park, it was practise, he needed a new visor, he couldnt get to his pit because of crowds ect, he said to me, sit on it, blip the throttle to keep it going, ill be back in a minute!! ahh, i can still feel those vibes through my bum!! 3 years later, id saved enough money to buy a T150V, thats another story though!!

Yes, would be very interested in an iron horse forum on here, unfortunatley, dont have a british bike, have Yamaha XJR1200 and a Kawasaki ZZR1100 back in UK,

Happy Bikeing everybody, Lickey..

I've never owned a British bike!!.But I've helped build and repair loads!!Started off on Kawa triples,then Z1's, 20 years drag racing,moving on to Suzukis.Loads of Jap road road bikes.Turbo's. nitrous..sheer heaven. Fastest top speed 197.8mph at Elvington on an aspirated Kawasaki 1325..real pisser..200 still a dream!.Fastest quarter 8.95 at Hockenheim, 1st run with new $20.000 dollar engine,2nd run ...bang.Back home.Spend next two years paying credit cards off, went to Thailand...lost interest!!!!! Wonder why?.

I've never owned a British bike!!.But I've helped build and repair loads!!Started off on Kawa triples,then Z1's, 20 years drag racing,moving on to Suzukis.Loads of Jap road road bikes.Turbo's. nitrous..sheer heaven. Fastest top speed 197.8mph at Elvington on an aspirated Kawasaki 1325..real pisser..200 still a dream!.Fastest quarter 8.95 at Hockenheim, 1st run with new $20.000 dollar engine,2nd run ...bang.Back home.Spend next two years paying credit cards off, went to Thailand...lost interest!!!!! Wonder why?.

I like your style, back in 1994 I bourght a HondaVFR 750 with single swing-arm, I took the brand new bike apart, send the engine to Harris Preformance in the UK, and got a new frame + body-work from Nico Bakker in Holland. It was a long dream come trugh, in the end, after spending a fair chunk of cash, I had a bike with 150hp and a net weight (with full tank) at 160 kg, that was heaven, I cant describe the feeling to ride that bike, it handle so well and damm it was fast.

Tilapia.

Whatever Harley you end up with here, please come and cut my lawn. It's getting awfully long and the regular Thai lawnmowers aren't as good as the American ones.

LOL - thanks 2long I had a very good laugh reading your plea. But come to think of it.... Harley's really can do about everything eh? :-)

:o Keoki

Hello one and all. I am very new to Thaivisa and you have helped me already. I wonder if you have any knowleged/experience in importing items. The item in question is my 1974 (1000cc) Harley Davidson Sporster. I think it will be great "cruzin" the country in Isaan. We are planning on building in NongSung so any all advice a/b build/purchasing/hiring and getting my HD here will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, Keoki

Here is your offical answer to "can I import my Harley".This is the Thai Customs site in English.

http://www.customs.go.th/Customs-Eng/Perso...Nme=PersonalPer

But things can and do change at the drop of a hat in Thailand.Good Luck :o