Flat floor scooters vs PCX style

kiwisr

I’m aware of the obvious physical differences between flat floor, step through scooters like the Honda Click, but why would you spend the extra on something like a PCX?

-Less manoueverable

-Heavier

-More expensive

-Less practical (less storage, no bag hooks, no floor space)

-In some cases slower (a Suzuki Address 110 is actually faster than no the the PCX and NMAX)

I’m interested to hear why people went for these low capacity maxi-scooters over the smaller ones.

And maybe some experienced riders can explain, does having the ‘frame’ between your legs mean better ability to control the bike through corners etc.

• Like 2

i only just barely fit on a pcx nmax or the handlebar will

hit my knees if i attempt to steer,

every other sucker is even smaller

ages ago the seat used to be flat so i could slide back and sit on the passenger area

so it wouldnt happen, but these days its hip

to  carve out seat positions.

same <deleted> is going on in car manufacturing, there is barely a car i can sit in these days

Edited by scammed
  • Like 1

Lots of reasons, I guess, even aside from cost.  Cushier, less skitterish or reactive in handling and so forth. Flat floor is just not going to be a stiff as a taller frame - something to do with the moment of inertia, not that stiffness is the be all and end all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

Lots of reasons, I guess, even aside from cost.  Cushier, less skitterish or reactive in handling and so forth. Flat floor is just not going to be a stiff as a taller frame - something to do with the moment of inertia, not that stiffness is the be all and end all.

what he talks about has advantages especially for

old people, or woman with a skirt /dress for that matter,

but as per typical idiocy they are hellbent on building them too small, which i guess can pass in a nation of hobbits

A PCX is more comfortable to ride, the seating position is more cruiser like. It has also more storage space under the seat.

Now with the newest PCX 160: It can be bought with ABS (might of course be that Honda will release a Click 160 with ABS in the future)

I would say a PCX is objectively "worth it" if you regularly drive for 30 minutes or more at a time.

If you only use it for going a few kilometers at a time, you can't objectively "justify" it.

But for many people the style does matter more than anything else, so no objective justification required.

3 hours ago, scammed said:

Obviously they are made mostly for asian people, who are rarely taller than 2 meters.

If you don't fit on a PCX or NMAX (I know people who are 2 meters who ride them with no problems, so I guess you are taller), then you just have to pay the price for a bike in your size. I guess when flying you also have to pay for business class because you can't sit in economy class, being too tall can be problematic in this world.

• Like 1

Interesting to see people have such a different opinions of Click and PCX. I would have thought Click would be better for heavy traffic and inner city, for short rides and shopping, and PCX more stable on long rides and high speed trips on out of town roads, heavier/bigger and more planted with two shocks at the back and heavier front-end etc...., that floating feeling is actually what makes it more comfy on long trips out of town.

While Click has a good control and feel on handlebars to zip between cars, parking lots and in small spaces...., and of course Click for old people who don't want to get leg over the center, or skirt wearing chicks or "Scots" ...! ????

Click is a bit lighter and at same cc engine gives slight power to weight ratio advantage, but on highways gets more blown away by side wind or every truck or car that goes by...

But try and buy what you prefer, as mentioned a lot is subjective and both of these are excellent and highest selling and most popular bikes here for a reason...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Agusts said:

Interesting to see people have such a different opinions of Click and PCX.

Majority opinion on this forum re: bikes is from people who have very little experience.

Not including the "Don't ride a bike under any circumstances" brigade

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, scammed said:

ages ago the seat used to be flat so i could slide back and sit on the passenger area

so it wouldnt happen, but these days its hip

to  carve out seat positions.

same <deleted> is going on in car manufacturing, there is barely a car i can sit in these days

Look for a 2nd hand SH150

I don't have a PCX, but I do ride an Earox ('PCX style' so I qualify) and also a Click.

Basically I think it's a bit of an unfair comparison because it's a case 'horses for courses'

The Click is a great city bike. Highly maneuverable and is the better of the two as a load lugger. We can put a large tote bag on the footplate and fill the under-seat storage and come home with a week's shopping. We can't do that on the Earox.

But the Earox wins when it comes to the riding for pleasure and leisure on the open road. It's much more stable than the Click. I notice immediately that I don't have to consciously steer it as I do with the Click and the brakes are much, much better.

Click for work, Earox for fun. 2 horses, 2 courses.

20 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I don't have a PCX, but I do ride an Earox ('PCX style' so I qualify) and also a Click.

Basically I think it's a bit of an unfair comparison because it's a case 'horses for courses'

The Click is a great city bike. Highly maneuverable and is the better of the two as a load lugger. We can put a large tote bag on the footplate and fill the under-seat storage and come home with a week's shopping. We can't do that on the Earox.

But the Earox wins when it comes to the riding for pleasure and leisure on the open road. It's much more stable than the Click. I notice immediately that I don't have to consciously steer it as I do with the Click and the brakes are much, much better.

Click for work, Earox for fun. 2 horses, 2 courses.

You made me look up "Earox", all because you repeated it many times, no result from Google....!? What is that...? 

If you mean Yamaha Aerox that is nothing like PCX, maybe Nmax more like PCX...!!! ????

Not to <deleted> on anyone's choice of bike, I think it's more about preference. 

I find Click to be so light, especially at the front end, that I find running at a bit higher speed less stable. 

PCX ain't really that much more expensive to maintain than a Click.

My only complain with the PCX is its lack of ABS.  

I find the flat floor scooters hand terribly (Fino, Scoopy etc.). They always feel dangerous at anything over 60kph. I think it's a combination of the frame design and the seating position.

The step throughs like the Wave and the Exciter feel far superior in terms of ride quality and still very stable around 100kph. 

3 hours ago, taninthai said:

Highly underestimated machine ,,,people buying these new Aerox ,Honda 150 adv and pcx.....this wave will kick there ass top end and be better than the Honda adv scooter on dirt roads????

With my Click I'm always passing Waves at traffic lights, they are sluggish away 100% of the time