Printers.

johnmcc6

The two computer joints on the north side of the city (outside the moat and about 500 yards east of the northwest corner) both have Canon cartridges for printers.  Not cheap though (in fact, buying both cartridges (b&w and color) cost about the same or more as the damn printer did in the first place).

12 hours ago, Rotweiler said:

The question appears to have been "refills".  The answer is to bring your used cartridges to the second floor of Pantip close to and to the right of the the main escalator.  The refill shops there are very reasonable.

The shop right at the far end on the right is very helpful and has done repairs and maintenance on my Canon very cheaply and quickly. also supplies good ink for the tanks- and advises a test print if no others once a week to keep everything flowing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, beau thai said:

The shop right at the far end on the right is very helpful and has done repairs and maintenance on my Canon very cheaply and quickly. also supplies good ink for the tanks- and advises a test print if no others once a week to keep everything flowing.

Thanks, I'd appreciate knowing the  name of the shop, and/or confirming it is on the 2nd. floor. Since there are two escalators, I'd also appreciate knowing if "main" is the one at  the center, or the one near Big  C.

cheers, ~o:37;

11 hours ago, orang37 said:

Thanks, I'd appreciate knowing the  name of the shop, and/or confirming it is on the 2nd. floor. Since there are two escalators, I'd also appreciate knowing if "main" is the one at  the center, or the one near Big  C.

cheers, ~o:37;

sorry I dont know the name but if you enter by bkk bank, head up the 1st escalator you come to, turn right at the top  and its the far end left

• Like 1

I second the advice to do a test print every week or so to keep your ink cartridges from clogging up. I find that most of the time my cartridges clog up if I am out of town for a few months. Just adding a drop or two of hydrogen peroxide to each cartridge and letting them sit for a while usually gets them unclogged.

As said Cannon printers uses cartridges with print heads so can not be refilled more than once or twice (and often refills are not very good in my experience - although limited).  As a very infrequent user have changed to leaving printer on full time and this seems to use/waste much less ink (not so much used on each startup as when turned off/on).  So now only buy new carts - refills not worth the hassle.  

On 2/7/2021 at 10:04 PM, CMBob said:

The two computer joints on the north side of the city (outside the moat and about 500 yards east of the northwest corner) both have Canon cartridges for printers.  Not cheap though (in fact, buying both cartridges (b&w and color) cost about the same or more as the damn printer did in the first place).

I just bought a Canon MP287 for 2,400 Baht at the 2nd shop coming from the West, enter the eastern door first shop on the right. People were coming in for refills - 50Baht. 

On 2/7/2021 at 10:04 PM, CMBob said:

I just bought a Canon MP287 for 2,400 Baht at the 2nd shop coming from the West, enter the eastern door first shop on the right. People were coming in for refills - 50Baht. 

Clarify: Perhaps there is only one central door at this shop.  Also, the 2,400 Baht was for the printer, not replacement cartridges.

• 722 posts
  On 2/7/2021 at 10:04 PM, CMBob said:

Clarify: Perhaps there is only one central door at this shop.  Also, the 2,400 Baht was for the printer, not replacement cartridges.

PS: Shops ph# 081-952-0808