Goodbye Pattaya! Almost everyone in the entertainment industry has left - apartment complexes empty

rooster59

2 hours ago, Big Yuley said:

Well at least TAT are proposing and working on alternatives to get tourists back to save millions of peoples livelihoods

Unfortunately the government dont have a clue and dont give a flying <deleted>.

Thsi clearly shows with vaccination not starting until June

TAT is the Government, The Tourism Authority of Thailand is an organization of Thailand under the Ministry of Tourism and Sports.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Agreed.  I am looking to rent (a house) long-term.  It should be a buyers' market but daily I see ludicrous prices being asked. Rather than suffer a loss of 'face', landlords would suffer months of no income.

Those are advertised prices......I think once you show a genuine interest and make an offer the price will come down.....our condo was 26,000 pm....got it down to 17,000 pm....... if I were any good at negotiating I am sure I could have got him down further,

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Those are advertised prices......I think once you show a genuine interest and make an offer the price will come down.....our condo was 26,000 pm....got it down to 17,000 pm....... if I were any good at negotiating I am sure I could have got him down further,

17,000....?.........No doubt they would have gone for 12,000 as desperate as landlords are....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

Just now, redwood1 said:

!7,000....?.........No doubt they would have gone for 12,000 as desperate as landlords are....

I know....I feel stupid not making a serious effort to drive him down......but we are in now....it is very nice and we are settled for a year.

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Loads of them working online, I see one on FB the other day selling her photo's for a 1000 baht

Noticed other day one posting on FB with her onlyfans account branding.. Smart ones will soon realize theres more and easier money grafting online.. 

• Like 1

buy low, sell high.  

do you really think prices will go much lower?  

decades ago i bought places for about 8 million baht. sold them for 15 million.  they all went to over 20 million.....well, you can't be perfect.

when someone says "goodbye" ONE YEAR after COVID....well, we are near the bottom.

the sheep are always, always, always wrong...usually because they have no money and only hope for disasters...

look around the world.  many good places to invest now.  

40 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

17,000....?.........No doubt they would have gone for 12,000 as desperate as landlords are....

Yes kick them when they're down seems to be your tactic, looking at this and your previous post.

Hope they give you a run for your money once this is all over

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

I'm only paying 11k/month for the mortgage on my new 3 bedroom house in Chiang Mai.

I thought Pattaya was supposed to be cheap, or is that a multi-room condo with it's own infinity roof top pool?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm only paying 11k/month for the mortgage on my new 3 bedroom house in Chiang Mai.

I thought Pattaya was supposed to be cheap, or is that a multi-room condo with it's own infinity roof top pool?

Central Bangkok, excellent management, ultra clean and tidy, infinity pool 39th floor, gym, games room, party room, library, golf simulator......our room (one bedroom) is quite small but high spec, well designed, only the two of us.....happy to pay that level of rent for the facilities, which we use every day.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 2

It seems we are reading every week about the Doom and Gloom reality 

In Pattaya

Then the Tourist board comes up with ideas to say the foreign tourist will return  soon 

Until the Quarantine restrictions are lifted or the vaccine  is given out to the Thai population

The Thai tourist board  can only dream of what could be 

• Like 1