Goodbye Pattaya! Almost everyone in the entertainment industry has left - apartment complexes empty

rooster59

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Commeth the devastation; commeth the opportunity.

This is Pattaya's chance to bring in culture. Hua Hin is just across the bay and look how they are faring.

Chess clubs. Scrabble. Line dancing. Fishing. Zoos for extinct animals (or almost extinct). Documentary hub for the film industry. The list goes on. Imagination needed; that's all.

So you wanna turn Pattaya into a retirement home? No thanks, might as well move to Florida.

PS. My apologies if your post was sarcasm. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

So you wanna turn Pattaya into a retirement home? No thanks, might as well move to Florida.

PS. My apologies if your post was sarcasm. 

Florida's a retirement home location, really?.  Better tell that to all of the people from Cuba who live there, as well as all of the beach bums...But then you are correct there are a few small towns that house retiree's, just like every location in the world.

Cities with the Highest Average Population Age in Florida | Zip Atlas

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Commeth the devastation; commeth the opportunity.

This is Pattaya's chance to bring in culture. Hua Hin is just across the bay and look how they are faring.

Chess clubs. Scrabble. Line dancing. Fishing. Zoos for extinct animals (or almost extinct). Documentary hub for the film industry. The list goes on. Imagination needed; that's all.

i argue pattaya has better dancing and lotsa stuff that gets imagination rolling

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, scammed said:

I argue Pattaya has better dancing and lotsa stuff that gets imagination rolling

You'll not get any push-back from me on that.

I have not been to Pattaya for over 10 years, but I do get sound info from the cashiers that have made there way back to the village. They all tell me the same; Pattaya needs to re-invent itself. They suggest ornithology over bar-stool drooling, chess instead of pool and ballroom dancing replacing pole-dancing.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Surelynot said:

I guess the price of apartments and rentals must be rocketing......

I don't see any change in decent accommodation rental price.  I was looking in the past few weeks to see if I could lower expenses some.  If anything, 5% or so but nothing significant. 

16 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

When I go to Pattaya these days (about once a month), I stay at a typical Thai apartment building just off third road. A courtyard of 3 buildings of 4 floors each. I'd say out of the rooms there, maybe 20% are actually occupied - at most. Typically these big rooms with air con, reasonable bathroom size and rear balcony cooking area, rent for 4,000 Baht per month. Ideal for two or more ladies to share. More luxury and expensive or poorly located places are just completely deserted.

I stayed in one of the best modern built condos for 450 baht per night. I am sure that barely covers the electric.. But remember in pattaya owners are responsible for the service charge so agents can be  corrupt and just renting them per night for any small money to pay themselves. It is all in the contract but these  contracts are useless at the Land Office. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Susco said:

Yes kick them when they're down seems to be your tactic, looking at this and your previous post.

Hope they give you a run for your money once this is all over

It's called Capitalism and when they go bust it is called creative destruction.

4 hours ago, miamiman123 said:

Farang will not accept the vaccine, plus the airlines are shut down and most people have no money for travel…. 2025 maybe  

Who did'nt learn to save for a rainy day??? ????

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, jmccarty said:

I don't see any change in decent accommodation rental price.  I was looking in the past few weeks to see if I could lower expenses some.  If anything, 5% or so but nothing significant. 

I think it was on this thread I said something along the lines that.......advertised prices don't really change......actual negotiated prices are significantly different.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Florida's a retirement home location, really?.  Better tell that to all of the people from Cuba who live there, as well as all of the beach bums...But then you are correct there are a few small towns that house retiree's, just like every location in the world.

Cities with the Highest Average Population Age in Florida | Zip Atlas

Great link there TR. Did some data sifting on White Rock, SC that has the US's oldest demographic and they're 78.8% little ol' white ladies.

I see a business opportunity...

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:
7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Great link there TR. Did some data sifting on White Rock, SC that has the US's oldest demographic and they're 78.8% little ol' white ladies.

I see a business opportunity...

Gigolo?

I did that in Stuart FL, about 20-odd years ago. It's overrated.

Stuart I mean.

• Haha 1