Goodbye Pattaya! Almost everyone in the entertainment industry has left - apartment complexes empty

rooster59

17 hours ago, anchadian said:

Once covid-19 has been completed eradicated, Pattaya's 'family resort' will return back to its glory days.

Trust you don't mind waiting several years.

It has been estimated that eradication across the world will take almost 7 years from two  recent studies, even with vaccinations.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Umm... China?

Make you right there NL.

But I was thinking more of Thais. The only one I can think of in recent times was chucked out of government. Do the Thais not want to move forward? Are the powers-that-be so entrenched that nothing can ever change?

Giving over industries, land and securities to China for a fast train, enhanced military hardware or advanced 5G tech' hardly, IMO, moves the country forward in the right direction.

Thailand should sit down with world visionaries (not from the IMF), and thrash out a 20 year plan. I'm sure that among the farang here in Thailand there is much expertise and knowledge that could be of use. I personally spent many years designing water systems all over the world. I'd give my thoughts and ideas* for free.

* I drew up a comprehensive water system for Northern Isaan. Gave the whole file (also on flash-drive) to an appropriate government man in Udon Thani 7 years ago. Maybe he's still translating it?! Or it got put in the bin.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

It has been estimated that eradication across the world will take almost 7 years from two  recent studies, even with vaccinations.

yes that is based on current vaccination rates world wide which im sure will change very quickly

I presume you are looking at the bloomberg data for this.

According to current vaccination rates US will have herd immunity within 9 month, UK within 6 months.

Canada 7 years. 

Im sure Canada will ramp this up for sure.

I have no doubt many many 3rd world countries will take years to vaccinate enough of its people, however im sure most of the 1sr world countries will vaccinate enough to have herd immunity as soon as they can.

Edited by Big Yuley
changed
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Leaver said:

The realization that the vaccination of farang in their home country is not the only part of reviving tourism to Thailand. 

The vaccine has to roll out across Thailand also, before vaccinated farang will be allowed to visit, and obviously Thai's here don't have confidence in their government to expedite that.  

Allowed is somewhat ambiguous , want to is more correct .

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

According to much research, corona 'viruses' have been here for thousands of years*. There will soon be mutations as there have always been.

The solution (if you watch CNN, BBC, Fauci or Brar) is vaccines and then more vaccines.

As soon as this particular complaint reared it's head, the call should have gone out to eat certain healthy natural foods, get plenty of sunshine and if, in the case of deficiency, VitD, VitK and zinc supplements. Didn't hear too much about them early on or now.

* Germ theorists.

I understand that corona virus are not new, however these studies were base on the current virus for which vaccines are currently being rolled out. Yes mutations have already beenexperienced and I was speaking about a post on "eradication"

I will not comment on vitamin therapy in any way shape or form for this or any other other illness.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Make you right there NL.

But I was thinking more of Thais. The only one I can think of in recent times was chucked out of government. Do the Thais not want to move forward? Are the powers-that-be so entrenched that nothing can ever change?

Giving over industries, land and securities to China for a fast train, enhanced military hardware or advanced 5G tech' hardly, IMO, moves the country forward in the right direction.

Thailand should sit down with world visionaries (not from the IMF), and thrash out a 20 year plan. I'm sure that among the farang here in Thailand there is much expertise and knowledge that could be of use. I personally spent many years designing water systems all over the world. I'd give my thoughts and ideas* for free.

* I drew up a comprehensive water system for Northern Isaan. Gave the whole file (also on flash-drive) to an appropriate government man in Udon Thani 7 years ago. Maybe he's still translating it?! Or it got put in the bin.

I know the feeling, they dont like to buy from a farang and they think they know better

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

'Entertainment industry' makes it sound almost legitimate and legal, which it's not of course, according to the 1996 law on prostitution.

Says somebody who hasn't been here for years but has a puritanical axe to grind and seems obsessed with prostitution.  LOL

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I understand that corona virus are not new, however these studies were based on the current virus for which vaccines are currently being rolled out. Yes mutations have already been experienced and I was speaking about a post on "eradication"

I will not comment on vitamin therapy in any way shape or form for this or any other other illness.

The vaccines that are currently being rolled out - AZ - Pf- Mod - are not vaccines at all. They are experimental drugs* that have DNA enhancing/altering sequences of RNA in them. I have not researched the China and Russian 'vaccines', or others, but I am led to understand that they are based on more traditional 'vaccine' science.

I'm not advocating vitamin therapy (per se) but a more holistic approach to one's body. In short; give the body what it needs to fight toxins and poisons.

* CDC has put them on their list to be classed experimental until Dec' 2023.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Running water.

Yes!  Across beach road EVERY rainy season

Sewage management.

Yes!  They manage to somehow scoop it up and dump it on the beaches.

The roads.

Yes!  In Pattaya, all roads lead to ruin!

• Haha 1