Goodbye Pattaya! Almost everyone in the entertainment industry has left - apartment complexes empty

rooster59

4 minutes ago, AmySeeker said:

Why do some get so hung up on this? Every major city in the world has 'prostitution'. 

I am from London, and in the heart of the tourism centre of the West End in Soho is one of London biggest Red Light district. Tokyo, Sydney, Delhi, Paris, New York all have prostitution. Hell most major cities prostitution is legal - be it Amsterdam, German cities, Las Vegas ! 

Thailand is not the only city with prostitution. Get over it !

You are correct, but the difference is in Amsterdam, Las Vegas etc the authorities accept that it happens and make it legal. In Thailand the authorities do not accept prostitution happens, even though it is pretty much everywhere! Like a lot of things in Thailand they bury their head in the sand

5 hours ago, Susco said:

Yes kick them when they're down seems to be your tactic, looking at this and your previous post.

Hope they give you a run for your money once this is all over

hahahahhahahahahahaa

your iphone costs 5 baht to make.......you buy it for 800,000 baht

facebook makes 3 zillion on selling your info

etc....

bro, this is the world..........when Laos opens, why I pay more because my country?

why why why??????      

i feel bad for the 10 people who sold me their bitcoins last year.....no i don't!!!!!  

14 minutes ago, AmySeeker said:

Why do some get so hung up on this? Every major city in the world has 'prostitution'. 

I am from London, and in the heart of the tourism centre of the West End in Soho is one of London biggest Red Light district. Tokyo, Sydney, Delhi, Paris, New York all have prostitution. Hell most major cities prostitution is legal - be it Amsterdam, German cities, Las Vegas ! 

Thailand is not the only city with prostitution. Get over it !

Ahhhh, the famous city of Thailand!!

4 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

You are correct, but the difference is in Amsterdam, Las Vegas etc the authorities accept that it happens and make it legal. In Thailand the authorities do not accept prostitution happens, even though it is pretty much everywhere! Like a lot of things in Thailand they bury their head in the sand

in most countries, I don't get approached by someone wanting sex for money.......maybe once in a few decades!!!  

here.....at least every 10 minutes.......everyone.   everyone.  it's an everyday thing, no question

you see it everyday

everyday

every store there might be a lady who says "hi" and then later asks for money for sex.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

..."Then just when it looked like there was to be a recovery along came the second wave"...

Really ? I dont remember seeing any evidence of a recovery.

..."His tenants were all people who worked in the entertainment industry and they have just gone home to save money"...

So it took all these people 9 months to realise it was game over for Pattaya ?

15 hours ago, john davis said:

very sad days ahead  first time in 17 years i have missed coming tourist wont return till the baht rate improves

Yes, indeed and gives a good opportunity to get the keys fixed on the keyboard ... :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Commeth the devastation; commeth the opportunity.

This is Pattaya's chance to bring in culture. Hua Hin is just across the bay and look how they are faring.

Chess clubs. Scrabble. Line dancing. Fishing. Zoos for extinct animals (or almost extinct). Documentary hub for the film industry. The list goes on. Imagination needed; that's all.

Then again, HH isn't Soi Cowboy-on-the-beach. Probably would've lived there eventually.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Same here......no hesitation.

And when those of us with more than one brain cell get vaccinated, things will  start to improve, albeit slowly.

Airlines are ready to go when countries open doors to tourists - look at the Emirates, BA etc website or follow this site https://simpleflying.com/

• Like 2

Should be really strong motivation for Thai government to speed up the vaccine distribution with multiple sources not just AstraZeneca and allow private hospitals to source and distribute- and minimize any quarantine for vaccinated international travelers....so much can be done but I don’t see it happening with real urgency. My friends in CA in their 70’s are already vaccinated with Pfizer. In the USA alone over 1.5 Million are being vaccinated Each Day with Moderna or Pfizer. AstraZeneca is not even approved yet in the USA but Thailand is apparently relying solely on that less effective vaccine. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

When I go to Pattaya these days (about once a month), I stay at a typical Thai apartment building just off third road. A courtyard of 3 buildings of 4 floors each. I'd say out of the rooms there, maybe 20% are actually occupied - at most. Typically these big rooms with air con, reasonable bathroom size and rear balcony cooking area, rent for 4,000 Baht per month. Ideal for two or more ladies to share. More luxury and expensive or poorly located places are just completely deserted.

Can you give me the address please

25 minutes ago, VBF said:

And when those of us with more than one brain cell get vaccinated, things will  start to improve, albeit slowly.

Airlines are ready to go when countries open doors to tourists - look at the Emirates, BA etc website or follow this site https://simpleflying.com/

Tempted to jump back into air company shares again.........

Just now, Surelynot said:

Tempted to jump back into air company shares again.........

I don't do individual shares, but some of my managed funds are doing just that....these guys have stood me in good stead until now so........

1 minute ago, VBF said:

I don't do individual shares, but some of my managed funds are doing just that....these guys have stood me in good stead until now so........

Agree......90% in funds....some of the returns are ridiculous......like 35% in 3 months on one fund.....dabble in some individual shares......God knows why......I always get my fingers burnt....