Goodbye Pattaya! Almost everyone in the entertainment industry has left - apartment complexes empty

rooster59

2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I'm not advocating vitamin therapy (per se) but a more holistic approach to one's body. In short; give the body what it needs to fight toxins and poisons.

Unless you have a medical condition that prevents absorption I am pretty sure any half decent diet means no one needs supplements........

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Agree......90% in funds....some of the returns are ridiculous......like 35% in 3 months on one fund.....dabble in some individual shares......God knows why......I always get my fingers burnt....

Lol.... ???? I know where my expertise lies and it's not in this area. I'm lucky to have an independent adviser who has done very well for me over the years....but as interesting as this is, it's  :offtopic:

Feel free to PM me if you wish.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

The corona-virus, Covid19, much like the common flu is very unlikely to be eradicated completely! We have had the common flu, another corona-virus,  around for 200 years, even with vaccines we still get it.

https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/11/05/covid-why-we-will-never-eradicate-coronavirus-15132

sure, however I was responding a post about eradication of this current mutant virus, and cited that there are studies (peer reviewed) stating at least 7 yrs for this dominant mutation, with vaccines which have a 60-95 % efficacy

The "common" flu vaccine is a combination of generally 4 strains, and changes each year, althoug 2019-20 figures for infection are at an alltime low in high vaccine and social distancing adherent countries.

1 minute ago, rondeelove1 said:

Pattaya will recover, and probably much quicker than people are saying. Thai people are good at spotting any opportunity that makes a living. Thailand is like a dormant volcano  just waiting for the next quake to wake it up. 

Agreed unfortunately it is not up to the Thai people

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rondeelove1 said:

Pattaya will recover, and probably much quicker than people are saying. Thai people are good at spotting any opportunity that makes a living. Thailand is like a dormant volcano  just waiting for the next quake to wake it up. 

I think you are right for the two week holiday gang......as much as we 'locals' see the horrors of air pollution, poor safety records, atrocious driving, corrupt police, scams.......etc.......your average holiday maker is totally oblivious to all that and only sees tropical beaches, bars and stunningly sexy women.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Country-wide, the whole place needs to be woken up. Without getting too political; where are the leaders? Where are the visionaries?

Hard to be a visionary in a country where all attempts at fundamental and systemic reform will end in a coup or "early retirement".

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, skorp13 said:

Agreed unfortunately it is not up to the Thai people

Therein lies the rub!

It is of course, possible that the pandemic becomes the catalyst for change at a very high level.

I don't think I can say any more on this forum, but I'm sure you can see what I'm saying!

Edited by VBF
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Leaver said:
17 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

there is still plenty of places to get nookie in Pattaya, always has been and always will be.

there's fanny everywhere right now.

It must be fake news.  ????

As is much of the fanny.

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Pattaya has nothing left, he lamented. 

If anyone's looking for a silver lining, bar fines and long time / short time rates have plummeted - there's even a Chinese new year sale.

'Punters Paradise' - the new song by Coolio dedicated to the ladies of pattaya.

It has been a horrible last 12 months with far too many places closing up with no early sign of recovery 

All we can do is they speed up the roll out make the quarentine 5 days max and a very weak bhart to get people back its terrible stay safe

18 hours ago, onebir said:

To paraphrase another thread:

Apparently it's "not falling" because while property's being sold at lower prices, it's only a small amount compared the stuff sitting unsold.

(I kid you not.)

To take it one step further, no one is going to lose money if they don't actually sell the properties. As such you can put any lunatic price on something if you know it's not going to sell. So as logic would have it, the price is 2022 price, not today's, so no worries. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

When I go to Pattaya these days (about once a month), I stay at a typical Thai apartment building just off third road. A courtyard of 3 buildings of 4 floors each. I'd say out of the rooms there, maybe 20% are actually occupied - at most. Typically these big rooms with air con, reasonable bathroom size and rear balcony cooking area, rent for 4,000 Baht per month. Ideal for two or more ladies to share. More luxury and expensive or poorly located places are just completely deserted.

20 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

When I go to Pattaya these days (about once a month), I stay at a typical Thai apartment building just off third road. A courtyard of 3 buildings of 4 floors each. I'd say out of the rooms there, maybe 20% are actually occupied - at most. Typically these big rooms with air con, reasonable bathroom size and rear balcony cooking area, rent for 4,000 Baht per month. Ideal for two or more ladies to share. More luxury and expensive or poorly located places are just completely deserted.

Very true and correct.even condo rentals have plummeted in price.

Plus many new condos and hotels are still being built..

As a pattaya resident,im optimistic about the future,sure there will be changes,but it will take many yrs to be thriving,like before..

• Like 2

I find this quite heartbreaking. I've had some great times in Pattaya and am quite fond of the place - much prefer it to Phuket. I always found it more laid back and less venal when it came to the cash and still have (had basically) some good contacts and friends there.

Edited by BusyB
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

It appeared that everyone was loading their possessions onto pick-ups and heading back to the villages.

Rather than enhancing the economy of Isaan, all the returning nieces, cousins and adult grandchildren will now become a burden on the farang pensioners with their local wives.   Considering the amount of shade many of these posters like to cast on places like Pattaya and Phuket perhaps it's karma.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

What a shame, but it's not just Pattaya, look at BKK, the city that never slept..... It reminds me of a country market town on a wet Tuesday morning.......... I just hope that nobody forgets that it was all heading this way well before the C19 excuse turned up, and we all know under who's orders........  Why don't old men in Asia do what they do in the West, go home and watch the telly and smoke their pipes...........Be a blessing for all of us.....

I am an old man (76), and I am at home, which is rural Kamphaeng Phet.

I don't watch tv as I have better things to do.

I quit smoking 50 odd years ago and I quit alcohol 1st June 2020 to give my body a rest after 60 years of drinking alcohol.

The last time I was in Pattaya was about 5 years ago and I bought a motor bike.

I spend my time with my Thai family here and have plenty of things to do to keep me out of mischief and Pattaya.

Edited by billd766
Added extra text
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1