Credit and debit card Mails

5 hours ago, tonray said:

Some banks will refuse to send overseas, especially if your address of record is back in the USA. What does your address on your account say ? That is where they will send the card.

In my case the card is sent to my account officer in my Bank in New York, who then forwards it to me in Chiang Mai by Currier

• Like 1

My permanent address (domicile) is in the USA.  So I have new debit/ATM or credit cards sent to out Bangkok house address by FEDEX.  No problem. Just call the bank and tell them you are in Bangkok for a while so please send to your local address here.  Never had a problem.  Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Australian bank sends the via normal post to my condo. My card expired mid last year, they sent me a replacement and it didn't turn up, I requested another card and the sent that and it hasn't turned up either.  I do get other mail from Australia, so it's hard to explain whats going on right now. My bank in this case is Westpac.

• Like 1

My replacement cards get sent to a friend's house in my home country. They send me a photo of the front and back of the new card. I activate the new card online and update the new details to PayPal and the like. Like the poster above, I use cash or my Thai debit card in Thailand, and my home cards for Internet purchases/bills.

I normally (but not recently) visit home annually, and pick up any new cards then.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Taxi said:

My Australian bank sends the via normal post to my condo. My card expired mid last year, they sent me a replacement and it didn't turn up, I requested another card and the sent that and it hasn't turned up either.  I do get other mail from Australia, so it's hard to explain whats going on right now. My bank in this case is Westpac.

I had some cards from Oz, the first one didn't turn up, Asked for another one  that turned up and the first one turned up to . It's a bit slow about 2 Months because of the slow mail with this Covid  Mine is the NAB in AUS

• Like 1

I have a UK Visa card from Barclaycard. They refuse to send my renewal cards to the self-styled greatest country on Earth because of security concerns, to the point they said they would close my account of over 30 years. So I gave them my sister's address and she forwards to me.

For 18 months I received almost no mail, as it later came to light did everyone else in the area. The postman had decided that actually delivering the mail wasn't in his job description and he burnt it all. One item was a very important letter from my UK bank. The new postman is a close relative, who even brings us mail addressed to my sister-in-law who is overseas, so my wife can deal with it. What happened to the previous postman? No-one seems to know. Probably nothing, as Thai logic would say there is no longer a problem so nothing to deal with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Yes, PO Boxes exist in Thailand but I don't think many, if any, banks will send a Credit or Debit Card to a PO Box.

My bank will only use a  courier or registered post to send a new card, I can't remember which, though that's from the UK.

HSBC croydon UK would not send cards by registered or courier mail. Their cards are distributed by a different branch of HSBC. When my cards expired it was a high stress factor situation with me making calls to their a customer help centers around the world, being hardly able to understand the operatives accent. My new cards used to arrive by normal post most times up to a month after expiry date of my old ones. It was a nightmare. Needless to say I've closed my account with them.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, kevin612 said:

Hello everyone, I live in Bangkok for almost 2 years. One credit card expired and the other one will expire soon. 

how do you guys receive mails from the USA? Does PO address exist in Thailand?

thank you.

My Amex Card from the US was sent by them via DHL to my address I had filed with them.

• Like 1

Perhaps you could rent a postal address in the US if you don't want them know that you are living abroad or they refuse to send it to a foreign address (there are many providers in Europe, probably you can get similar services in the US too) The bank sends the card to your rented postal address and they forward it to you for a small fee anywhere in the world. If your bank won't accept your rented address you can use the mail redirection service like the one royal mail offers in the UK or a mix of both.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I have a UK Visa card from Barclaycard. They refuse to send my renewal cards to the self-styled greatest country on Earth because of security concerns, to the point they said they would close my account of over 30 years. So I gave them my sister's address and she forwards to me.

For 18 months I received almost no mail, as it later came to light did everyone else in the area. The postman had decided that actually delivering the mail wasn't in his job description and he burnt it all. One item was a very important letter from my UK bank. The new postman is a close relative, who even brings us mail addressed to my sister-in-law who is overseas, so my wife can deal with it. What happened to the previous postman? No-one seems to know. Probably nothing, as Thai logic would say there is no longer a problem so nothing to deal with.

He went on to an inactive post in the Governments mailroom I will bet...

• Like 1

Dealing with Canadian Banks they will send me an emergency replacement card via courier to here in Thailand However, to maintain my account I have to have a Canadian Address and that is where my new cards and stuff go to.   

My address is my daughters address and I send money to the kids and when she gets anything she lets me know and I send her the money to ship to me.

Canadian Bank knows I am here so it is not that big a problem

• Like 1
14 hours ago, kevin612 said:

Hello everyone, I live in Bangkok for almost 2 years. One credit card expired and the other one will expire soon. 

how do you guys receive mails from the USA? Does PO address exist in Thailand?

thank you.

I do not know about America , but I had mine sent to me last week from my bank in Australia .They used DHL express and arrived in 5 days ..I had to ring them and there was no charge.

• Like 1