GPS coordinates without Internet

On 2/9/2021 at 11:34 AM, wprime said:

Take a photo, it should record the GPS co-ordinates in the metadata of the photo.

didn't find where it is

thanks for the answers, I have Google maps and OsmAnd, I will have a try 

jvs, good advice ! 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.am22tech.com/does-gps-use-internet-data/   Internet is NOT needed for your phone to get GPS co-ordinates.

When I was working in the remote and jungly bits of Myanmar and away from their otherwise fast 4G network, I downloaded the relevant google maps to my smartphone for offline use. Worked fine.

The problem is not really getting a GPS coordinate from a map. The problem is sending it to an insurance agency and making sure they understand how to use it. So compatability of apps would be far mor

Posted Images

On 2/8/2021 at 10:48 AM, robblok said:

An internet package can be had from a couple of 100bt a month so that is what you will have to pay for safety.

Couple of 100 bt ? which one ? my GF has one with AIS ( I think ), and she pays 320 bahts/month 

4 hours ago, Aforek said:

Couple of 100 bt ? which one ? my GF has one with AIS ( I think ), and she pays 320 bahts/month 

Just shop around a bit in this topic there was a suggestion. But for me 320 is a couple of 100bt. But im sure there are cheaper ones depending on the internet speed. You don't need fast speed just a connection. So im sure cheap is available

• Like 1