Phuket Red Cross calls for blood donations

webfact

Phuket Red Cross calls for blood donations

By The Phuket News

1612763231_1-org.jpg

Image: PRBC

PHUKET: All people are invited to come to donate their blood at the Phuket Red Cross Regional Blood Center (PRBC) in Phuket Town and at mobile stations for blood donations in Phuket, Phang Nga and Krabi between Feb 8-12 to make merit for Chinese New Year, which is this Friday (Feb 12).

“At this stage, stocks of blood types A+ and AB+ are lower than normally required in our blood bank, plus A- and AB- are always required at all times as there are not many of these blood donors,” said a PRBC staffer.

“The COVID-19 pandemic remains a big problem, causing units of blood held in reserve to be much lower than required,” the staffer said.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-red-cross-calls-for-blood-donations-78942.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-02-08

Since the donation stuff (a doctor as well) told me they not want blood of european anymore (everybody who lived in Europe between 1980 and 19XX can't give blood) I am not interested anymore in checking for give them any. The doctor couldn't even give me an explanation why!

So much for they need more blood!

• Like 1