Current Internet TV packages

wwest5829

Moderators please direct:

I have used FWIPTV for the past several years and been pleased at the selection @ 400 baht a month. The service has now been off for 4 days and my Tech guy has not returned my messages of inquiry. I am looking for recommendations for: 1.) packages and 2.) a tech guy I can have come to the house to set up ... trouble shoot any computer/printer issues. Currently 3BB wifi (no issues, good service). AIS iPhone service (no problems).

True convergence package. 699 +89 Baht p/m speed boost = Phone 100 mins + 10GB data p/m Android TV box with all channels & Internet 1000Mbps download 500Mbps upload. 850 Baht p/m with VAT

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

True convergence package. 699 +89 Baht p/m speed boost = Phone 100 mins + 10GB data p/m Android TV box with all channels & Internet 1000Mbps download 500Mbps upload. 850 Baht p/m with VAT

Hope it's better programs than the 3BB GigaTV box.

If your Condo supports it. I recommend Planet Fiber: https://www.facebook.com/PlanetFiber/

They are a relatively small provider, so small that you can chat with them in LINE app 24/7, it's amazing!

They have many bad reviews both from foreigners and Thais alike online, but I've been using them for more than a year and 0 issues. 

599 THB / month for 500/500 symmetric internet is an amazing deal. 

But most importantly is that the speed when connecting to foreign servers is normally 10-20% faster than that of other providers such as True and AIS. Of course it's still not that great, since we all know Thailand doesn't have much bandwidth to overseas, but the difference is still noticeable!

12 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Hope it's better programs than the 3BB GigaTV box.

I don't know about that, I've never used that one. My fiance uses the True box in the living room for TV but she mainly watches typical Thai programming.

I use another true box in my man cave/office, but I use apps and Netflix instead of watching TV. Bonus is that you get free true sports packages for premier league football if you're a footie fan. Lasts a whole year!

4 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

I don't know about that, I've never used that one. My fiance uses the True box in the living room for TV but she mainly watches typical Thai programming.

I use another true box in my man cave/office, but I use apps and Netflix instead of watching TV. Bonus is that you get free true sports packages for premier league football if you're a footie fan. Lasts a whole year!

The 3BB box will not allow many apps from Google Play to be installed, and the movies included are rubbish (for me anyway). On a 'normal' Android box you can install anything available.

Much rather have a VPN on my PC/laptop/NUC and watch almost anything, and movies from P Bay.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

The 3BB box will not allow many apps from Google Play to be installed, and the movies included are rubbish (for me anyway). On a 'normal' Android box you can install anything available.

Much rather have a VPN on my PC/laptop/NUC and watch almost anything, and movies from P Bay.

You can install anything you want on the True box. True has a large-ish movie library you can rent them for free using true points (you get these points for free everytime you pay your bill / use the true wallet app to buy things.) or credit card. When I go shopping in 7/11, central etc, I pay for everything using the true wallet and get a sh-t ton of points every month. Free movies and channels ???? You can also use those true points to buy extra minutes / messages / data on your phone. It's great!

Oh... and you can get discounts and free stuff from shops / fast food / true pretty much everywhere using those points too. One time, I got a free big mac meal!

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Sad 1

I suppose wishful thinking. My AIS phone package runs about 380 baht (unlimited but slowed down internet access), 3BB runs 631.30 a month for the house wifi access, the FWIPTV runs 400 baht per month. Thought there might be a package deal covering all at a bit better total price. Do not need sports, international news/movies, access to Utube, etc. But recommendations coming in have helped so thanks to all responding.

19 hours ago, brommers said:

FWIPTV have been raided for illegal streaming of movies etc , and a lot of equipment confiscated by RTP. 

Really? What is considered illegal since those sites are not censored on the Thai ISP Internet connections? What law states that streaming free TV/movie is illegal?